• Published 4th Oct 2019
  • 5,048 Views, 11 Comments

A new beginning - Twilight Star



What if Chrysalis had accepted Starlight Glimmer's friendship?

  • ...
10
 11
 5,048

Chapter 5

Chrysalis wanted to cry for making Rarity angry. Would Rarity’s other friends be angry? She hoped not.

“Why are you crying, Chrysalis?”

Chrysalis looked back and saw Applejack with a concerned look. She didn’t know what to say. Because Applejack was a friend of Rarity, Chrysalis feared that Applejack would be mad at her. But she didn’t want to lie. She had to tell the truth, “It’s about Rarity”, she began.

“What’s up with her?” wanted to know Applejack.

“I planned to spend this day with Rarity, but when I got to her room, I thought about clear up the room for her. But when Rarity went upstairs, she was surprised before she got mad at me,” replied Chrysalis, now sad. “I wanted to spend the day with her. But after what she felt, I don’t even know if it’s a good idea anymore”

Applejack was annoyed, but wasn’t directed at Chrysalis, “Don’t worry. I’ll talk to Rarity about it. She should know that it’s not just her work and her clothes that matter. She should have been more understanding”

Chrysalis smiled at that, “After you do that, can I spend the whole day with you?”

Applejack smiled, “Of course, Chrysalis”, she said, before heading toward Boutique Carrousel.

Chrysalis watched Applejack leave before letting out a breath. Chrysalis knew the ponies that she kidnapped when she was evil has forgave her, but some of the ponies didn’t seem to have forgiven her yet.

“Chrysalis, is everything all right?”

Chrysalis’s ears brightened, she looked back and saw that it was Twilight Sparkle, who was looking at the former Changeling queen with a concerned look. Chrysalis certainly didn’t expect the pony that she had always seen as her enemy was worried about her. She didn’t know if she should talk.

Twilight Sparkle noticed the silence and smiled, “Come on, Chrysalis. You can trust me”

“Do you promise not to be mad at me?” asked Chrysalis.

“Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye”, promised Twilight Sparkle.

Chrysalis didn’t know what just happened, “what was that?”

“I made the Pinkie Promise”, answered Twilight Sparkle.

“What is the Pinkie Promise?” wanted to know Chrysalis.

“That’s when you promise something that won’t break,” answered Twilight Sparkle. “So could you tell me what bothers you?”

“Ok. Do you know Rarity?” said Chrysalis.

“Yes, Chrysalis. She’s my closest friend”, answered Twilight Sparkle with a smile.

“I planned to spend the day with her. When she and I arrived at the house. I realized that her room was messy. I organized for her to be surprised, and she was surprised, but soon became angry with me. So I left her house”, replied Chrysalis.

“Would you like me to talk to her?” offered Twilight Sparkle.

“No, Twilight. Applejack has already go talking to her”, replied Chrysalis.

“While Applejack doesn’t come back, would you like to spend time with me?” offered Twilight Sparkle with a smile.

As much as Chrysalis meant to say “no”, she decided to accept, “ok. But it’s only until Applejack comes back”, said Chrysalis.

“Okay, Chrysalis”, said Twilight Sparkle, before her and Chrysalis starting to walk.


When Applejack arrived at Boutique Carrousel, she knocked on the door. Sound of footsteps were heard. Rarity smiled as she saw Applejack, “Applejack, darling. Need something?”

“No. But we need to talk”, replied Applejack, not at all happy.

Rarity was confused, “but what about, darling?”

“You will see. Can I come in to talk to you?” said Applejack.

“Sure, darling”, replied Rarity.

Applejack walked into Boutique Carrousel and Rarity closed the door, “What did you want to talk to me about?”

“It’s about Chrysalis,” answered Applejack. “Is it true you got mad at her just because Chrysalis wanted to help you?”

“Of course dear. She kept my materials for my new dress and I had to find the materials that I had worn”, replied Rarity, as if what she did was right and justifying.

“Rarity, could you at least once stop thinking about just dresses? Damn it. Chrysalis was sad and upset that you were mad at her”, said Applejack, now angry.

Rarity pretended to be surprised, “I like dresses. Ok, dear? I planned to make her a dress if she hadn’t cleaned my room and if I didn’t have to find the materials”

“But you should still be more understandable. She just wanted to help you and make you happy and you made her sad. Now, seriously: Did you really forgive her for what she did?”

“Of course I forgave her, dear. We all forgave her”, replied Rarity.

“So why do I think you didn’t forgive her?” wanted to know Applejack.

“But I forgave her, Applejack!” exclaimed Rarity, already getting annoyed.

“So if you forgave her, apologize to her”, Applejack Didn’t ask, she sent.

Rarity’s ears went down, “yeah. You’re right, darling. Will she forgive me?”

Applejack smiled, “I’m sure, sugarcube”

“Can I make her a dress for comfort?” asked Rarity.

“Don’t you think it’s best to forget about this dress business for a while?” asked Applejack.

“Darling, I promised her a dress”, explained Rarity.

Applejack made a small O with her mouth before recovering, “ok, Rarity. Just doesn’t take long”, she said.


At Friendship Castle, Twilight Sparkle and Chrysalis were reading together. Chrysalis couldn’t deny that she was having fun. She wasn’t a fan of books, but she was kind of enjoying it. Twilight Sparkle finished reading her book and flew to a shelf to pick up another book. The book she got was from Daring Do. Before Golden Oka’s Tree Library was destroyed by Tirek, she had the entire Daring Do book collection. But it seemed that in the castle she lived, it haved too. She didn’t know how. Whether it was because of the castle having all the Equestria books or if all the books they had in her old Ponyville home went here, but she hoped that was the second option.

Suddenly they heard a knock at the door. Twilight Sparkle went to the door, “I answer”, Chrysalis decided to follow the lavender alicorn.

When Chrysalis saw Rarity, she was afraid, “Rarity? Applejack? Do you need something?”

“Rarity wants to talk to Chrysalis”, replied Applejack.

Twilight Sparkle looked back and saw that Chrysalis was scared. She looked back at Applejack, “She can’t right now”, she lied.

“Twilight…” said Applejack not believing the lie.

“What is it? It’s true”, said Twilight Sparkle with a smile of possible nervousness.

“Well, you could hand this dress over to Chrysalis. It’s just that I wanted to tell her that I’m so sorry that I got mad at her”, said Rarity, handing to Twilight Sparkle a black dress with green colors.

Chrysalis decided to approach, “is it true? Did you come to apologize to me?”

“Of course dear. If it’s any consolation, I can spend the rest of the day with you”, said Rarity.

“I think so, Rarity”, agreed Chrysalis. As much as she wanted to spend time with Twilight, she decided to spend this day with Rarity so the white unicorn wouldn’t be sad and not think she didn’t forgive her.

“Wait a moment there”

Chrysalis and Rarity looked back, “you don’t remember you told me you were going to spend this day with me?” recalled Applejack.

Chrysalis remembered. It was true. She had forgotten, “You’re right, Applejack,” she looked at Rarity, “Rarity, is it okay if I spend the rest of the day with Applejack? It’s just that I had promised to spend the rest of the day with her”

Rarity smiled, “Of course, darling”

Chrysalis smiled with relief. For a moment she thought Rarity wouldn’t accept.

Comments ( 3 )

When will there be a new chapter?

10001875
When I have an idea of what the next chapter will look like

nice work on all chapters out so far:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment