• Published 4th Oct 2019
  • 5,039 Views, 11 Comments

A new beginning - Twilight Star



What if Chrysalis had accepted Starlight Glimmer's friendship?

  • ...
10
 11
 5,039

Chapter 1

Chrysalis emerged from under the stones of her throne and from the walls of the hive throne room as it sizzled. But she stopped when she realized that all the ponies and the reformed Changelings were looking at Chrysalis as if they were ready to attack. Well, except Starlight Glimmer, who looked at Chrysalis with a possible look of understanding. Chrysalis seemed uncertain with what she saw. Her subjects betrayed her. Starlight Glimmer offered Chrysalis a hull, “you don’t have to be this way”, Chrysalis looked at Starlight Glimmer’s hull.

“You can still be the queen you always wanted to be”, continued Starlight Glimmer, still with her hoof extended.

Starlight Glimmer and Chrysalis began to approach their hooves, until when the hooves touched, Chrysalis felt her body glow pink, she floated and the pink glow formed like when Thorax shared love. The ponies and the Changelings covered their eyes with their hooves. When the glow stopped, they stopped covering their eyes and opened them, everypony And everychangeling was surprised by what they saw: Chrysalis was now white and its mane was now light blue. Chrysalis looked at her in surprise. Rarity let out a sigh of surprise.

“Does anypony have a mirror?” asked Chrysalis.

Rarity popped up a giant mirror and Chrysalis noticed that she was quite different, “wow”, was all Chrysalis could say. She put the hoof on her chin.

“Darling, you look fabulous”, said Rarity with a smile as she held the mirror with her magic. Chrysalis smiled at the compliment.

“Thank you, Rarity”, said Chrysalis, still smiling. Rarity closed her eyes as she smiled.

Thorax approached Chrysalis, “Chrysalis, now that I am, let’s Just say, the King of Changelings, would you like to rule with me?”

Chrysalis looked at Thorax, who now stopped. Chrysalis looked uncertain. She wasn’t a good queen to her subjects. Did she really deserve to rule with Thorax after what she did? “I don’t know, Thorax. I wasn’t even a good queen to you all”

Thorax moved closer to Chrysalis, who was staring at the ground, “look, this isn’t entirely true, Chrysalis”

Chrysalis looked at Thorax, “but it’s true, Thorax. I didn’t want you and others to share love. I even considered you a threat to the hive”

“Well, that is true. But I forgive you. And I’m sure the other Changelings have forgiven you too”

Chrysalis looked at the Changelings and they nodded as they smiled. Chrysalis was glad her subjects forgave her, but she still didn’t know if she should continue to rule as Queen of the Changelings, “I’m glad about that. But I don’t know if I should continue to rule as Queen of Changelings”

The Changelings were surprised, “But why, Chrysalis?”

Chrysalis stared at the floor, “as I said before: I didn’t want you and the others to share the love. I even considered you a threat to the hive”

“But Chrysalis, me and the other Changelings have forgiven you”, said Thorax, still confused.

“Yes. But I fear the ponies haven’t forgiven me for my actions”, said Chrysalis.

Thorax looked at the princesses, Starlight Glimmer, Trixie, Twilight, Discord, Flurry Heart, Shining Armor, Spike, and the other Twilight friends. Everypony, began to think about it. Should they forgive Chrysalis for what she did? Fluttershy was the first to say, “I forgive you”, Discord hoped Fluttershy wouldn’t replace him.

Who spoke later was Pinkie Pie, who was jumping to Chrysalis just before stopping, “Of course I forgave you. I’ll even have a party for you later”

Rarity was the one who said now, “I forgiven you, darling”

Applejack said as she approached before stopping, “I can see you’re sorry and not lying, so I forgave you”

Rainbow Dash was flying, “I don’t know . I forgive you if you don’t be mean again”

“But I won’t be mean”, said Chrysalis.

“Then I forgive you”, said Rainbow Dash, now smiling.

“The great and powerful Trixie forgives you”, said Trixie.

“I’ve already forgiven you”, said Starlight Glimmer with a smile.

“I dont know. I think so”, said Discord, still uncertain.

Flurry Heart is unable to speak, so she Just nodded.

“I forgive you, Chrysalis”, said Spike.

“I forgive you”, said Shining Armor, although it seems a little uncertain. But Chrysalis didn’t seem to notice this uncertain.

Now only Celestia, Luna, Candace and Twilight Sparkle remained. Would they forgive her? There was a silence.

Chrysalis was bothered by the silence, “so what?”

Who spoke first was Celestia, “Chrysalis, you may have done bad things. But I see that you are now sorry and now you’re reformed. So I think I can forgive you”

Luna approached Chrysalis before stopping, “I wasn’t during the wedding when you attacked Canterlot. But my sister told me everything you did. I wouldn’t forgive you. But as I see you’re reformed, I forgive you”

Candace thought for a moment before saying, “I forgive you”

Twilight Sparkle approached Chrysalis as he said, “Chrysalis, I wouldn’t forgive you”

Chrysalis was sad about that.

“... But after I realized that Thorax was a good changeling I could realize that maybe the changelings weren’t bad”

Chrysalis was surprised by this. Did that mean what she thought it was?

“Chrysalis, I forgave you”, finished Twilight Sparkle with a smile.

Chrysalis smiled. Yes. That was exactly what she was thinking. Twilight Sparkle forgave her. For a moment, she thought Twilight wouldn’t forgive. She was grateful that Twilight met Thorax. Because she knew that if Twilight hadn’t met Thorax, Twilight wouldn’t forgive her.


After all that, Chrysalis decided that she would live in Ponyville. Although Thorax seems a little uncertain about that, but later he accepted Chrysalis’s choice. And Pinkie Pie, as promised, threw a party at Chrysalis at Sugarcube Corner. Rarity and Fluttershy were talking, Applejack and Rainbow Dash were competing in the apple picking game, Pinkie Pie was eating a piece of cake and Twilight Sparkle and Chrysalis were talking.

“So, Chrysalis? How are you feeling?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

Chrysalis didn’t know how to express herself, “I think so”

“Is something bothering you?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

Chrysalis let out a breath, “Yes, Twilight. There is something that is bothering me”

“And what is it, Chrysalis?” asked Twilight Sparkle worriedly.

“I fear the Ponyville ponies are afraid of me because of my past”, replied Chrysalis, now looking away.

“I’m sure the Ponyville ponies don’t even know you. Just Canterlot’s”, said Twilight Sparkle with a smile.

Chrysalis was able to cheer up, “yeah. Maybe you’re right. But I still fear that they will recognize me and be afraid of me”

Twilight Sparkle, still smiling, said, “Don’t worry, I’m the princess of friendship. They know what I am doing. Then, they will probably realize that being with you, they will see that you are trustworthy”

“Does anypony want cake?” asked Pinkie Pie as she cut the cake with a knife and placed each slice on a plate. Friends of Twilight, Twilight and Chrysalis went to where Pinkie Pie was.

Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash ate the cake on their plate, Twilight, Rarity and Chrysalis ate the cake holding it with their magic. While Chrysalis ate, she wondered with who she should live. Maybe she should live with Fluttershy, because Fluttershy was kind. But there was also Pinkie Pie, who could cheer her up during the rough times. There was also Rarity and Applejack, but she thought it best not to live one of those two. Because from what Twilight told, Rarity spent the day creating new clothes and Applejack running a farm. She decided better not to live with them. Because they would spending the day busy with their jobs. But there was also Rainbow Dash. And there was Starlight Glimmer, who was the first to offer her friendship to her. She couldn’t decide which one to live with.

“Chrysalis, is everything okay?” asked Twilight Sparkle, now looking at Chrysalis.

Chrysalis looked at Twilight Sparkle, “I’m just undecided”

“Undecided what?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

“Which of you should I live with”, replied Chrysalis.

The Twilight friends looked at Chrysalis, “Why don’t you spend a day with one of us and who you like spending time with? You can live with who you liked spending time with”, said Twilight Sparkle.

Chrysalis looked at Twilight Sparkle, “It’s a good idea”

“Would you like to spend the day with who today after the party?” asked Twilight Sparkle.

“if the party isn’t until night, I think with Fluttershy”, replied Chrysalis.

Fluttershy, in response, closed her eyes as she smiled.