• Published 4th Oct 2019
  • 5,039 Views, 11 Comments

A new beginning - Twilight Star



What if Chrysalis had accepted Starlight Glimmer's friendship?

  • ...
10
 11
 5,039

Chapter 2

When the party was over, it was already night. It was almost midnight. Pinkie Pie watched Chrysalis and her other friends leave Sugarcube Corner. Chrysalis followed Fluttershy to the house. She wondered what Fluttershy’s house would be like, “Fluttershy”

Fluttershy looked at Chrysalis, “yes?”

“Where do you live?” asked Chrysalis.

“Near Everfree Forest”, replied Fluttershy.

“Aren’t you afraid an animal will attack you?” asked Chrysalis a little worried.

“What? No. All animals are my friends”, replied Fluttershy as she smiled. Chrysalis smiled at that.

When they arrived, Chrysalis was surprised by how much animal Fluttershy had indoors and out. She wanted to know why Fluttershy had so many animals, “Why do you have so many animals, Fluttershy?”

Fluttershy looked at Chrysalis, “I’m the Ponyville vet. I take care of all the animals”

“Don’t you find that too much work?” asked Chrysalis.

“It’s really easy for me”, replied Fluttershy, still smiling.

“If you find it easy, okay then”, said Chrysalis with a smile.

When they entered the house, the animals were startled to see Chrysalis and hid. Fluttershy went to the hiding places that the animals hid and told them that Chrysalis wouldn’t hurt them. The animals relied on Fluttershy, although they still seem uncertain about Chrysalis. Because Chrysalis was a Changeling. They feared that Chrysalis would suck their love.

Chrysalis didn’t know that the animals knew and feared the Changelings. It made her uncomfortable. Would living with Fluttershy be a good idea? Okay, maybe that just happens today and not anymore, but she feared it would happen every day. Maybe living with Fluttershy isn’t a good idea…

“Chrysalis, I’m going to prepare dinner. Feel free to explore the house”, said Fluttershy, now looking at Chrysalis. Chrysalis looked at Fluttershy.

“Oh. Ok”, said Chrysalis. Fluttershy went to the kitchen. When Chrysalis was out of her sight, she decided to explore the house.

As she explored, Chrysalis noticed that the animals were afraid of her and hid. Chrysalis wanted to talk to Fluttershy, but she didn’t want to interrupt what Fluttershy was doing. She went upstairs and saw pictures of Discord with Fluttershy. She wondered why Discord wasn’t with them. Suddenly a glow appeared in the room, Chrysalis descended the steps and saw Discord in a tourist suit, with sunglasses and two suitcases.

" Fluttershy. I’m here”, said Discord, now looking for her friend. Discord entered the kitchen and saw Fluttershy.

“Fluttershy!” said Discord cheerfully.

Fluttershy stopped what she was doing and smiled when he saw Discord, “Discord!”

They hugged. Chrysalis just observed this beautiful scene. She wondered if any of the ponies that helped her redemption liked her. Discord felt he was being watched and saw Chrysalis watching, “what are you doing here? Are you planning to hurt my Fluttershy?!” Chrysalis was startled by that.

“Discord. She’s good now. Don’t you remember?” said Fluttershy.

Discord paused to think, “no. I think I forgot”

“If it’s this, It’s okay. Could you apologize to her?” asked Fluttershy politely.

“All for you, Fluttershy”, said Discord said as he looked at Fluttershy before approaching Chrysalis. And make a bow.

“Chrysalis, I’m so sorry for my behavior”, said Discord with his eyes closed.

“You don’t have to be formal with me. I’m not even queen of the Changelings anymore”, said Chrysalis.

Discord stopped bowing and opened his eyes in surprise, “oh! It is true! How distracted of me”

“Dinner is ready”, said Fluttershy.

Chrysalis and Discord went to the table. Discord obviously sat next to Fluttershy. Chrysalis despite appreciating their friendship, she still wondered if she was going to have a friend. Fluttershy served her, Discord and Chrysalis. The food was beef stroganoff. As they ate, Chrysalis wondered if it was good to live here. Because Fluttershy already had a friend, and it seemed she didn’t care so much about the former Queen of the Changeling. Maybe she should leave when Fluttershy and Discord went to sleep. No. She couldn’t come out of nowhere. She had to at least warn. Decided this, she began to eat. Lucky, Fluttershy or Discord didn’t find it odd that she didn’t start eating.


When Chrysalis, Discord and Fluttershy had finished dinner, Fluttershy and Discord had tea. Chrysalis found it strange. The two had just finished eating and now they would drink tea? That was something she would never understand. She decided to explore the upstairs further. She barely explored right because Discord showed up. Arriving in the hallway, she saw pictures of Fluttershy’s friends and some pictures of Fluttershy with Discord. She looked ahead and saw a door at the end of the corridor. Chrysalis went to the door and opened it with a hoof, when she opened it, she was surprised to see Fluttershy’s room. But what surprised her most was the bed. The bed had two pillows, as if two ponies could sleep. She didn’t want to think about it, but she began to wonder if Fluttershy and Discord were together. She decided to go out and stay downstairs, along with Fluttershy and Discord. She just hoped it wasn’t bothering her.

Arriving downstairs, she saw Fluttershy on a couch and Discord on another couch. Chrysalis approached and sat next to Fluttershy. She couldn’t help noticing that she felt ignored. Maybe she had better go and stay with another friend.

“Chrysalis, is everything okay?” asked Fluttershy, now looking at Chrysalis.

Chrysalis looked uncertain. She didn’t want to make Fluttershy sad. But she needed to tell the truth about what she was feeling, “no”

“What happened?” asked Fluttershy.

“It’s just that I feel like you’re ignoring me”, replied Chrysalis, now looking to the side.

“Why?” asked Fluttershy.

“It’s just that I feel like you’re Just staying with Discord”, replied Chrysalis.

“Oh my…” said Fluttershy surprised and possibly sad. Her ears were down.

Discord was surprised and approached Chrysalis, “How dare you make Fluttershy sad?!”

Fluttershy tried to calm Discord, “It’s all right, Discord. She is right”

Discord was surprised as he looked at Fluttershy, “What?”

“She’s right,” Fluttershy repeated what he said. “I’ve been spending these last minutes just with you and not with Chrysalis. I should’ve stay with Chrysalis a bit”

Discord was speechless. Fluttershy looked at Chrysalis now, “Chrysalis, if you want to leave, I understand”

Chrysalis knew that maybe she had the chance. She looked out the window and saw the full moon. She didn’t want to wake up others from her new friends. So she would sleep here and tomorrow she would choose another of her friends to live with, “Fluttershy, I’m going to sleep here today. But tomorrow I plan to choose another of your friends to live with”

Fluttershy was still sad, “ok…”

Discord hugged Fluttershy as he looked at Chrysalis with a disapproving look. Chrysalis was bothered by it. Did she hurt Fluttershy’s feelings?