• Published 24th Jan 2021
  • 3,810 Views, 371 Comments

Renegade - Slendy



Equestria welcomes a new stranger, though 'welcome' is a strong term. But it's not like they gave them much of a choice. That was fine, neither will she. The Mercenary W will prove them wrong.

  • ...
21
 371
 3,810

B5-0 Alternate Ending

Non-Canon Ending

The doors to the Castle were shot open, W leapt out and over the steps with a warcry. "FREEDOM~!"

Once on her knees, W let the outside sunlight bathe her form until she heard the familiar patter of human feet behind her. Turning while standing Sora finally caught up with her, panting. "Skipping leg day are we?" She teased, waving. "Come on, we've got the whole world to see still!"

"W-wait, I can't leave," He stopped her with Astra tilting her head up at him. "I mean, I'd love to but I need to stay, at least until Canterlot's been fixed up."

W just stared at him curiously, inspecting if he drew a set of extra arms or something. "Come ooon, I need a guide to this world, and I don't feel like using a map - you're the map!" She chimed.

"I like traveling with you, Mama does too," Astra added to reinforce the argument, W lifting the filly to squeeze her forward like a plushy in armor.

"How can you deny this cute face and mine?" W pouted, seeing Sora hesitate, running his hand through his hair. It was clearly bothering him, that much she could make out. Setting Astra down she gave the idiot a small smile. "Hey, I can make detours back, not like you're hard to pick out from a crowd." His eyes lifted to meet hers again, aqua and ember in synergy. Then she stretched to crack her lower back. "And my backside sure won't forget, that's certain." And he went right back to a furious red tint.

"A-are you s-sure? I... I don't-" With a gust of sharp wind, W moved to flick his nose, standing inches from him to pat his cheek quickly before boldly capturing his lips with her sweet ones, holding the kiss just long enough to see everything from the neck up turn crimson, W's own cheeks dusted pink when she parted with a smack.

"Partners stick together, yeah? Just don't get drowned in politics before I get back," With that heated farewell she turned and jogged back down the steps, nudging Astra's flank, the silver eyes remaining fixated on Sora's blue aura, how it stilled with guilt, joy, and love for the Sarkaz walking away with one arm holding the strap of her bag.

"We'll be back soon, promise!" Astra blurted out before running off with W toward the main gate. She hadn't fully recovered from her battle either, a few bandages were hidden under her jacket and shirt, wrapped around her shoulder, and ones around her stomach. Sora wanted to go or even try to keep her longer but W was never good at sitting still and being cooped up in the Castle for a week had driven her mad.

Lowering his hand he almost turned around had something blunt not rattled off the top of his head. "Ack - why!?" He cried down at the crimson guard before him.

Cliffheart wore a knowing smile, tossing Sora his twin swords, watching the Prince stumble to catch them against his chest. "Just go already, somepony needs to keep that Beast of the Everfree out of trouble, better you than a Royal Guard." He chuckled, sitting by the edge of the step watching the greatest hunt of his life casually walk back out the castle gates with Cinder's new Flame trotting beside her. "Cinder... gave a lot for all of us, and that filly needs proper training with a sword that I doubt W can provide."

"But what about-" He was cut off by the bo-staff pointed at his nose.

"Prince Sora, I think Canterlot can survive with one less pony slash person for quite some time," Cliffheart gave a wink and patted the Aasimar's leg. "I mean, Captain Armor bailed to the Crystal Empire and left me in charge and hey, things are still running smoothly regardless, no?" He waved his hooves wide at the lack of ruins surrounding them. He did have a valid point. "But as a cherry on top, really want some stallion out there hittin' on your girl?"

That final straw broke the camel's back as Sora attached his scabbards to his belt, "...I hate Swift so much right now," With a short wave he took off with a large thresh from his wings, flying high and over the castle walls in a single stroke. "Aoi!"

"-and I said we - oh crap," She didn't have time to dodge and simply caught the Aasimar by the arm, swinging him over Astra and down onto his feet in her arms, blinking with mild shock. "What did I tell you about startling me?"

"I-I'm coming w-with you..." He panted for a moment, standing up straight to look at her blank face.

"About time, come on," She smiled and interlocked her left hand in his, tugging him down the road to the bridge.

"But wait, I need clo-" A smaller bag was tossed into his free arm by Astra, the filly looking away sheepishly as he followed his hand up to W's insinuating smile. "You planned this?"

"Duh,"

"You invaded my personal space."

"Tch, Sora I am ashamed you would think so low of me," She put her hand on her chest in mock fashion then rolled her eyes. "No I didn't," She waited until his guard was down before adding. "Swift did."

"Of course she did...!" He yelled to the clouds as W would, then he felt her head rest solely on his shoulder, hand pointing toward the kingdom ahead. He didn't try to hide the fondness of having her this close again. "So, where to?"

"Wherever we like so long as it's fun," Aoi whispered, not caring where their road led so long as these two didn't leave. Her tail snaked around to wrap itself around his waist. "Now we should start running."

"Huh?" Both Astra and Sora blurted out as something caused a stir in the castle grounds behind them.

"SOMEPONY BROKE INTO THE KITCHEN A STOLE A BUNCH OF FOOD!!" "NOT AGAIN, JERRY!"

"W-"

"You actually did it." Astra blinked at the mercenary's cackle, her hand tugging Sora forward with haste, Astra now realizing why her bag was so heavy, to begin with.

"And to the whole of Canterlot, fuck you!" She gave the castle the bird, laughing madly away from the perplexed guards.

In the sunlight, W's hair flew to one side with her antenna bobbing in her bangs' place, revealing her bright ember eyes and wide, joyful smile with her hand stretched outward, locked with Sora's while her tail weaved in the air alongside her jacket, short skirt, and scarf. It was a magnifying sight, and one that left Sora's throat dry and his hand tightening around her own.

End

Author's Note:

Still had this collecting dust in my files, eh, why not? It's non-canon, of course, but this was the original draft for the ending to Renegade, as you can tell, a lot less drama and fluff, plus none of the whole returning home. That's when I realized I've never seen a displaced return to their home, at least in what I've read. And this one felt somewhat lacking hence the massive change I made to the final product.

So! hope you enjoyed it, I appreciate the support as always; seeya next time, Renegades!

Comments ( 31 )

That's when I realized I've never seen a displaced return to their home, at least in what I've read.

I know about one story where it happened. I didn't read it whole but I know some stuff by reading small parts of the story or when someone else was writing about it on fimfiction.I think it was about some girl that had gravity manipulation powers.
I think that she destroyed her Equestria after she was betrayed (what a surprise :|) by alicorns,etc and later found a way home.....I think...something like that.

Well, the return to home never really happens for a lot of fo reasons, at least from what I understand .

-Every time a merchant, Void Dweller gives a Displaced an universe,planet,Eqeustria,etc, they give it them as some kind of property and they are expected to do something there in return. I mean if that Displaced is some kind of a loser,would never do anything with their gifts, etc Void Dweller could probably just reset the world back and find/put someone else in their place .


-When the Void Dwellers displace them, there is no place for them to turn back. In a lot of stories, it's explained or implied that there :
1)Is a second you, living a normal life as if nothing has happened.So 2 copies of the same person
2) It's as if you never existed , reality and time were edited like if you were never there.
3) And to not cause trouble to the whole Displaced Multiverse by giving your Dsipalced a privilege to return home,thus giving false idea that everyone should and can return just like that. And that's no even counting repercussions, logistics, and many other problems caused by this.
Though with a good explanation, rare exceptions could be explained that there is an unlimited amount of normal human worlds, that are copies of the Original/Real/Our World. So there is a chance that probably most of the Displaced aren't even from the same earths.


-Displaced would need to give up what they got by becoming a Displaced and other things they earned in their new world. They would go back to being a normal person, no privileges or forcing governments to do what they want,etc

11206344
That... makes alot more sense now, huh. Welp, good thing my 'Void Dweller' was a space-time devouring monster! :twilightsheepish:

11206344
Were you talking about Kat Shifter, IE: Gravity of the Situation?

Loved that one. However of which: Don't think she ever returned home. However, if I recall correctly ( Haven't finished it, I'll need to re-read it. ) Auric Fulcrum ( Headless Not Heartless and the later series ) actually DID go against the merchant and I'm willing to bet got some people home.

11206461
Ahh, I thought that she returned to earth because I read that she traveled between worlds a lot.
One comment under the last chapter event mentions about her travel between worlds to save changelings

Her going back to earth, I think that I read about in some other story mentioning it or while reading the last chapter or comments

Also,I remember it being mentioned in other displaced stories that she supposedly destroyed her Eqeustria, so how it still standing?
Did she travel to another Equestria or reversed the damage?
Or I'm mixing it with another story?
Or was there a rewrite?

11206621
Wasn't destroyed. She WRECKED a lot sure, but completely destroyed? No. Manehatten, Canterlot, and I think a few other places were seriously damaged in fights or purposefully by Kat / her allies in revenge for what Celestia ( and Luna I think ) had done to her. But in the end: Equestria wasn't ENTIRELY destroyed. But seriously damaged.

11206885
Essentially a displaced with the powers of a Guardian from Destiny and protagonist from Dark Souls
She also gets a friend who is a Ghost from Destiny,a floating robot orb essentially


In short summary, she arrives at the Storm King's castle, the timeline is after Storm Kings conquers Cat Kingdom
When she arrives she gets in a fight with the Storm King,he and his guards are ready to fight her, she shoots him, guards don't attack because of some rules and traditions so that makes her a next Storm Queen
And other interesting stuff happens, I only summarised the beginning
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/395473/the-storm-queen

11207037
Oh I was sure I read somewhere that she wrecked the whole planet/dimension and later left to another ,regretting doing that or something like that

Anyway, speaking about THIS Equestria, Did those dumb ponies finally learn the truth ( With the evil merchant ) and everything.

11216164
Oh, yes, the final battle with Kranon revealed it all, and W got her much-needed satisfaction in rubbing their noses in the dirt. But she will never forgive them for what's happened to her, even if Kranon was the one pulling the strings.

11216167

They would be super ashamed, and SHOULD have learn this lesson already from Zecora of all characters!!!! Bet that Celestia, Luna, and Cadence are very disappointed with them all. And should rethink themselves IF they are truly "heroes", or deserve the elements of HARMONY/FRIENDSHIP! Hope they will keep being disgusted with themselves for a long time.

P.S. Is this before or Twilight got her wings? And is she called Princess of "Friendship" by now? If so, she DOESN'T deserve her Alicorn hood, nor her FALSE title!

11216630
Pre-Alicorn Twi, and yeah they should be ashamed but as the story explains Kranon twisted their minds without their knowledge so…

11231175
whats next, tree of harmony tries to vouch for her and they think she tried corrupting the tree? lol

11231243
I wouldn’t count that out as a possibility

Well finished it, though honestly did skim through it cause my schedule never know when have time to read a fanfic. I rather enjoyed it, different than most mlp isekai's and i like it. Most video games you mentioned never played but heard, exception of arknights, but overall i did enjoy it. I like idea that their are things that not even the main six and even equestria cannot handle and takes an outside source to deal with it.

11231345
Happy to hear you enjoyed. Understandable about the skim reading, real life can be hectic. And yeah, this was a shot in the dark considering Arknights isn’t well known but I’m glad it turned out well. Again, thanks for reading :twilightsmile:

11231381
Whats it about if i may ask? Thanks for understanding, i been into isekai recently and been trying find some mlp and non-mlp fanfics involving isekai characters. ^^ I myself been imagining 2 wolf oc's of mind ending up in equestria and having to help save equestria from an evil that they cant handle themselves, or the version of mlp more mature and dark and helps the main six on their journey

11231390
Good story ideas, as for Arknights. To be brief, it's a tower defense game where you, the Doctor, awake from stasis without your memories and takes command of various Operators as one of the key commanders of Rhodes Island, a pharmaceutical company caught up in a battle against an extremist group of Infected called Reunion. The story is very well written, with compelling characters and a bunch of lore on the world of Terra, its cities and factions, and the likes of the Infected and Catastrophes with many side stories in-between.

11231557
Not much for tower and defense game but sounds interesting

11231624
Each to their own, fair enough. Even if not a fan of that type of game, the songs they put out from various artists are a banger too. Like W's theme ^_^

11231631
Kind of like fate, i dont like their games but do love some music they have. Their animes are alright, i mainly prefer the battles to watch over the story ^^

11231733
i sometimes imagine mlp fights being just as intense sometimes, certain ponies who have abilitie that could rival alicorns. but only select few ponies having such abilities. Earth ponies, pegasus, unicorns, threstals, even some changelings, along few others species. Cant make it where ponies have the only op skill set

11231744
This is why I'm pro bat pony, embrace the darkness. But yeah, like, Dragons have like the literal mid/max in terms of biology. Griffons are powerhouses too. And Changelings - well, says it in the name really. As an added point, Alicorns aren't all-powerful, I mean, Chrisa-whats-her-face (Can't spell her name to save my life) whooped Celestia's ass.

11231747
Though some people dont like it, i do love fanfics that have changelings queens being on par with alicorns, depending how old they are and the amount of love they have stored

11231762
Understandable

Irony, I remember when I first started reading this story I had no idea what arknights even was. Stopped being into pony, Stopped reading fics forgot everything about it

Fast forward a while and I decide to give this game a friend of mine kept raving about a try. A game named arknights, turns out it slaps. Finally meet W in the story, remember this fic and now here I am. Back again with newfound knowledge

11338849
I welcome you back from your journey of enlightenment, Doctor :moustache:

In all seriousness, really happy to know you liked the game too!

Hm Are you aware that the last three in the feature box are there for updates right? So once you get featured you WILL appear in those EVERY time you update.

11610712
Huh, y'know, probably would've been a great insight when I still wrote here... aw well, I'm not changing it! XD But I appreciate the notice!

this defiantly going in my top favorites folder.

11696351
Happy to hear!

Login or register to comment