• Published 24th Jan 2021
  • 3,796 Views, 371 Comments

Renegade - Slendy



Equestria welcomes a new stranger, though 'welcome' is a strong term. But it's not like they gave them much of a choice. That was fine, neither will she. The Mercenary W will prove them wrong.

  • ...
21
 371
 3,796

B3-0 New You

"Staaaaaare." Aoi couldn't possibly get any more bored if she wanted to. Compared to facing Infected abominations, a kingdom on your ass, and the threat of a world-ending monster, school life seemed... pedestrian, as Kranon once used. She sunk her cheek further against her palm, eyes mulling over needless repetition the teacher droned on about. Having done her fair bit of research back in the Everfree on a lot of stuff from books she 'procured', her knowledge had grown all things considered.

*Riiiiing!*

"Oh My God, finally!" Aoi grumbled into herself, not caring once for the stares she received from those close to her desk. Packing her stuff up she flung her bag over her shoulder, almost like her old duffle bag. From the open zip, she pulled out her trusty red and black scarf, slipping it around her neck feeling a moderate sense of comfort from the relic. "Like a glove." Clicking her tongue she happily slipped out of the classroom, a certain event awaiting her escape.

Passing through the halls of her school alone, he simply admired the fact that in a couple of months she'll need to figure out where to go next; College, an apprenticeship, maybe even just a job someplace? It was a tricky choice but she had the grades for whatever she chose now. Sadly, some things never change, even in her own world. "Guess Gambit didn't leave me this thing to cause chaos, shame really."

It was your standard high-school BS, bullies picking on the smaller, defenseless person. It never ends, even now Aoi felt a hateful reminder of that annoying purple pony acting smug. With her muscles taut, she strode forward, hand snapping out like a viper.

"Oi, what's got your pants twisted?" Aoi hummed, pulling the blonde idiot's hand from the meek kid's shirt, shoving the boy back into his lackeys. With a heated glare, some that took notice swore Aoi's eyes were burning like embers. "Pickin' on the little guy, petty much?"

"The hell's your deal, bitch?" One snapped.

"My 'deal' is bordering on an ass-whooping or name-calling, take your pick, freckles?" She challenged.

"This has nothing to do with you," The leader of the sad group smirked, coming to give Aoi a once-over, clearly he liked what he saw. "Listen beautiful, we're just trying to show the transfer how things work, you know, little incenti-"

"You alright, kid?" Aoi smirked, kneeling down to the boy's height to adjust his glasses, seeing him stare at her with awe. "I'll clean this mess up, but you gotta get yourself a backbone," Flicking his nose, she stood to glare back at the jaded looks from the bullies.

The blonde looked to be trying to put on a brave face. "You really want to do this?"

"Do what, exactly?" Aoi inquired, cracking her knuckles. "I'm just being a good superior in showin' how to clean up the filth in this place, that so bad?"

"Whore!" How many times has Aoi heard that? The one behind the leader moved in some sad attempt to intimidate her, which earned the buff but stupid teen the sweet taste of metal, face pressed against the lockers while Aoi twisted his arm behind his back, hearing him grunt in pain.

"Tsk-Tsk-Tsk, that any way to talk to a girl, no wonder you're some slimy bully," She cooed, leaning closer to whisper to his ear. "For the record, I know a guy who's far more charming, and I know for a fact can perform better under the covers than you ever could, heh."

With a spin, she saw the idiot tumble to the floor, many reacting positively to the ass-whooping while Aoi raised her toothy smile and cynical eyes to the other two. "So then? Any other comments about my sexy body? Or are we done here?" "Feels good to be an ex-merc."

"You've gotten real full of yourself, Aoi." The third in the back snarked, his pale green eyes almost concealed behind his ash-grey bangs, but that sickening smile irked Aoi to no end. She remembered him fondly; her own bully that felt much more like a passing memory, "I mean, the sudden boost of confidence is admirable, even for you, I'll admit."

"Is there gonna be a rest stop along the way to the point?" Aoi crossed her arms, tapping her bicep. "And don't act like we're close; use my surname, jackass."

The third bully nudged their group's blonde leader, smirking sickly in Aoi's direction. "Say; I heard there's this little brat that's been hanging around Aoi for a few weeks now-" Neither saw Aoi's body flinch say for the younger student she was protecting. "-could always see how smug you are if we found her-"

*Bam!*

The hall was silent, the bullies paled once Aoi moved with the grace and ferocity of a viper. Her right arm locked itself under the bully's throat, using her left to pin his right to the lockers. None saw it other than the one she kept a painful hold on, eyes crackling like embers. "Touch her... go, I dare you to touch a hair on Astra's head." Her words were soft, bleeding malice that left him quivering as Aoi dropped him like a sack of potatoes. Sighing out her nose, Aoi found her smirk again.

None dared speak, stepping back as many chuckled at the ordeal, some of the boys staring at whitette in awe; behind Aoi, the transfer looked far less shaken, her hand stretched back for him. "Come on, kid, school's out for the weekend, better not waste it with these clowns."

"Mmhm," Just like Astra once was, he gave a timid reply, taking the beautiful girl's hand as she led him out, smiling at the many who had witnessed the clean and effortless takedown of the so-and-so bullies that Aoi had almost forgotten about since she was sent to Equestria. How things change with experience. Infected Slugs were far more terrifying.


"Was that really necessary?" Jaye asked, worried for what Aoi just set in motion. "You know his Dad's got more money than... well, anyone in town."

"And?" She pointed to his nose. "Let me remind you I had a freakin' Sun Goddess's lackeys after me before, and I pretty much had her bowing to my whims," Aoi smirked, waving the transfer kid goodbye as he was picked up by his folks, safe and sound, and with a smile again.

"That still sounds surreal," Alice sighed, ruffling Aoi's hair. "That was sweet though, looking out for him."

"I've had enough of bullies," Was all she said, noticing someone standing by the road just outside their school. Now she felt butterflies return, scowling. "Stupid girly emotions!" "If it ain't Prince Sora-" Her modest call drew his gaze. "-to what do we owe such a pleasure?"

"Please stop, I was really starting to get over that three years ago..." It sucked that he got a headstart on adjusting to normal life again, but Aoi didn't care, she got to meet him the way she remembered him. "Hey, Alice, Jaye."

"'Sup man?" "Hello~!"

"Ready to go? Heard there's this nice cafe not far," Aoi patted her friends forward on the back, slipping up to Sora's side. "The girl who works there is hard not to tip though..." She frowned, another fellow whitette with long hair, almost scary if she was honest how nice the girl was.

"Maybe that girl from before it there," A fire sparked in Alice's eyes. "I have a score to settle with her in blackjack!"

"You mean Taka?" Jaye guessed, seeing Aoi facepalm.

"Now you've done it..."

"I swear, she's gotta be cheating, how is anyone that good at cards consistently!?" She ranted and huffed down the road, Sora smiling awkwardly at the sight while Aoi nudged his hip.

"Don't worry about her sad need for revenge-"

"Like you're one to talk!" Alice yelled.

"Please don't antagonize her further, she's already drawing people's gazes." Jaye sweatdropped, trying to calm the overly competitive girl down.

"-the place is pretty chill, might have to bring Astra along next time." Aoi thought out loud, or until something pulled her hand closer. "Hm?"

Sora cupped her hand, smiling happily. "You really can't let go, can you?" She jolted slightly, looking down while tucking her frown behind her scarf. "I know it's tough, but you're still you."

"But..." He leaned closer to nuzzle her forehead, seeing her face start to turn pink.

"'But' nothing, I think I care about you a lot more than just your weapons or fancy Arts abilities," Sora dismissed with a wave. "Heck, I can make things glow, heal a little and fly, and Astra's this crazy, Lord of Cinder, Soul-seeing warrior; And we're still ordinary regardless."

Aoi processed this, feeling more and more like an idiot for refusing to just let go of the fact she wasn't W anymore. It's been a long, seven days, and it would only get harder but... W left Aoi with a major confidence boost, and much more than some fancy explosives. Interlocking her fingers with the dork's, she murmured into her scarf. "...love you..." Her other hand played with the locks where her antenna would be.

He tried not to make a big deal out of it for her sake, simply moving to walk flush against her side. "I love you too, W." She only hid further behind her scarf, steam rising at his chuckle while her hand moved to punch him lightly on the cheek.

With the pair distracted, neither realized they had run into someone, the three stumbling back. "Crap, sorry about that." Aoi scratched her cheek sheepishly.

"No, it's alright, lass." That tone...! She and Sora stared back in shock momentarily as the young man with raven hair tied into a short ponytail waved off their worries with a kind smile. "I had been lost in thought myself."

It took Aoi a moment to steady her heart, that tone of voice, while younger, was unmistakably... Cinder's. His pale blue eyes looked to her with confusion before she offered a faux smile with her eyes closed. "You and me both, heh, s-sorry," She and Sora parted for the man who couldn't recognize them.

"Hey, Devrin, what's got you starstruck?" A female voice called out to him not far behind the pair. The girl was beautiful, to say the least; Her hair braided into a soft blonde, bangs pulled back on a hairclip to reveal her warm onyx orbs. She pouted, bowing her head to Aoi and Sora. "I'm sorry for him, this guy's a clutz and a half."

Devrin deadpanned. "Aye, laugh it up." He dismissed her tongue sticking out to wave curtly to the pair. "Again, I apologize, I do tend to end up wayward quite often in a new country."

"I'm sure you do..." Aoi's frown was soft, shaking her head. "Don't worry about it, just... take care."

"And please make sure to watch where you step too," Sora added just as kindly. The man walked between them, briefly, a man in crackling ruined armour parted ways with a Sarkaz in red and black, and a young man with radiant wings a final time. His embers cast between them before the image fizzled away for what it truly was.

While 'Devrin' and the girl walked away, laughing without a care in the world, Aoi's best friends noticed the two hadn't followed them, seemingly lost in watching the strangers disappear toward the sun cast in the sky. The two displaced smiled brightly, almost laughing at the oddity that brought a wave of sorrow and joy for the people that were strangers, and yet, so much more.

Aoi turned away with Sora, wiping a stray tear from her eye, "Seeya around... Sparkles."

End

Author's Note:

Couldn't resist, did it with Indomitable so why not an epilogue of sorts for Renegade? Letting go of what Aoi's been through ain't easy but she's managing. Her friends are still in the grey about if what Aoi and Sora say about Equestria is true. And a sacrificed soul reborn to say goodbye one last time.

Well, Renegade's been a blast, first-ever Arknights story on Fimfiction and I'd say it was well-received for a gatcha tower defense game. I hope you enjoyed, appreciate the support as always, seeya next time readers! :twilightsmile: