• Published 17th Aug 2012
  • 3,483 Views, 15 Comments

Green Grass And High Tides - Closer-To-The-Sun



Rarity seems to have been smitten by a silent, red stallion. But can she accept this fact by herself and do something about it?

  • ...
2
 15
 3,483

Ch. 5 Classic Girl

Chapter 5: Classic Girl

The next morning, Rarity awoke in her bed. Her mane was frizzled from her sleep. Taking a big yawn, she stepped down onto the floor and made her way to the bathroom for her morning beautification ritual. As she trotted slowly over, she began to think about how she was going to do exactly what Applejack had told her she should do: confessing to Big Mac her feelings. Pausing in front of the mirror, she took a look at herself. A smile appeared on her face as she looked at her messy mane. 'If only Big Macintosh could see me right now,' she jokingly thought to herself. Nopony had ever seen Rarity's unkempt bed head before. Using her magic, Rarity levitated her brush to begin taming her wild mane. However, the doorbell rang.

Rarity put the brush back and began trotting down the stairs, "I wonder who it could be at this early hour," the white unicorn asked herself quietly.

Opening the door, Rarity was surprised to see a red stallion with an orange mane on the other side. It was Big Macintosh.

"B-Big Macintosh! What brings you over here?" Rarity spoke, doing her best to mask her emotions.

"Mornin' Miss Rarity. Mah sister Applejack said you needed me ta stop by for somethin'?" Big Mac's voice was low and soothing to the stressed mare.

"Applejack?" Rarity replied. She quickly thought about what she had said to her friend the night before. "Oh, um, yes. Do please come on in," Rarity offered. Inside of her head, Rarity began to curse out Applejack, 'How dare Applejack do this to me! Curse her and her….Applejack-ness! Though I must admit she knows how to be pushy to get things done.'

Big Mac paused in the mane room, waiting for instruction, "So, what'cha need help with?" He tried his best to not stare at Rarity's disordered mane, "Um, if ya want, ah could come back later if ya want to take care of yer….um….mane."

"Huh?" Rarity had completely forgotten that her mane was a disaster. Normally, she would have vanished in a blink of an eye to tidy it up, but not today. "No need to worry about it, dear," she brushed it aside, "I have something I must say, Big Mac." Pausing, Rarity spoke to herself inside of her mind, 'Alright Rarity, time to take Applejack's advice, and grow a backbone!' She resumed, "I know this might not sound right, but I'm quite fond of you…." Rarity's cheeks burned a bright red as she spoke the last five words. She stared off somewhere, praying Big Mac was not looking at her.

Big Mac was speechless. He couldn't help but look at Rarity was eyes of disbelief. He didn't know what to say, nor did he know what to do. The silence between them grew more and more. Finally, Big Mac spoke one word, "Really?"

Rarity's face grew more flushed, "Yes, I do. You really are quite the amazing gentlecolt."

Big Mac became flustered, "But, ah'm nothin' of the sort, Miss Rarity. Ta me, yer like a queen; all high and mighty, deservin' of the finest like all classy mares. As fer me, ah guess ah'm just a commoner; nothin' all that fancy about me."

Rarity looked toward Big Mac finally and replied by shaking her head, "Nonsense, Big Mac. You are far more than that. In fact, you are like a knight. You are kind, caring, chivalrous, and a simply wonderful colt. You are just like the hero in old pony tales." Her own words were making Rarity nervous, but she felt happy she was finally admitting her feelings.

Big Mac looked downward, his checks burning from blushing. He was silent for a moment before continuing, "Well….ah do have ta admit, Miss Rarity, ah am quite fond of you as well. Ah guess seeing that independent and strong side of ya made realize that….but…."

"But?" Rarity's ears perked up.

"Ah know nothin' about bein' in any type of relationship, Miss Rarity. Ah admit that ah am not really good at the things…." Big Mac was still staring at the floor.

Slowly trotting over to Big Mac, Rarity softly replied, "It's perfectly fine. I'm new to this sort of thing, too. We can take things as slow as you would like, Big Mac."

"Ya mean that, Miss Rarity?" the red stallion raised his head to look at the white unicorn.

Rarity nodded as she wrapped her front limbs around Big Mac's neck, "Of course. And please, call me Rarity."

END

Comments ( 9 )

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
I loved this story. :rainbowkiss: There were parts I didn't, but AWWW I just love it so much.
You've got talent~! :twilightsmile: WRITE TONS.
Of course, my opinion probably doesn't mean much- I think almost every story is a good one, unless it's horrendously bad. :twilightblush: Oh well~
*claps* :pinkiehappy:

That was quick, but a joy to read none the less.:ajsmug:

This reminds me of Beauty and the Beast :twilightsheepish:

you know, right there at the ending I got confused by Mac's words, and thought it would en in "And then they fucked". dunno why, just thought about it, happened to me before, read a good story that ended with that phrase. :twilightsheepish:

anyway, I was glad to see the story ended in a good way, it deserved and ending like that, it was a good story that I really liked :pinkiehappy:

gotta love :duck:X:eeyup:

Ow! I just hit my head on the END. That was a very nice story, but a little quick. It felt like I was just getting into the pace of the story, when I ran into the end. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it though. Keep up the good work.

I saw this exact story on dA and loved it. Putting it in here is no different. 5 Macintoshes!
:eeyup::eeyup::eeyup::eeyup::eeyup:

The perfect example of the words 'Opposites Attract' I loved this story and support the Rarimac ship.

So entertaining, I really liked your story.

Inside of her head, Rarity began to curse out Applejack, 'How dare Applejack do this to me! Curse her and her….Applejack-ness! Though I must admit she knows how to be pushy to get things done.'

Indeed, Apple Jack is very pushy. :ajbemused:

Login or register to comment