• Published 17th Feb 2019
  • 2,092 Views, 20 Comments

The Most Dedicated Student - Twilight Star



Sunset Shimmer goes to Luna's school to take the test to see if she can becomes student of the princess of the night. She pass the test and become the student of Luna. She will devote herself and spend time with the princess.

  • ...
3
 20
 2,092

Sunset Shimmer goes to the library

Sunset Shimmer was going to the castle library with Garble on her back.

“Why are we going to the library anyway?” asked Garble confused.

Sunset continued looking forward, “because the princess asked me to read books by the end of the night, and I can’t disappoint her”, replied Sunset Shimmer.

“You want me to help you find the books for you to read?” offered Garble.

“Yes, thank you, Garble”, said Sunset Shimmer with a smile.


When Sunset Shimmer was reading a book on the library desk Garble said on a ladder, “Sunset, I found a book with a funny title”

Sunset Shimmer took her eyes from the book and looked at Garble, “what’s the name of the book?” asked Sunset Shimmer.

“The mare in the sun”, Garble read the title of the book.

Now Sunset Shimmer was curious, “can you bring it to me so I can read?” asked Sunset Shimmer.

Garble went down the stairs and went to Sunset Shimmer with the book in his hands.

Sunset Shimmer took the book with her magic and began to read.

’Once upon a time, in the enchanted kingdom of Equestria, two princess sisters who ruled together and guaranteed harmony to all lands’

’To do this, the older sister used her unicorn powers to raise the sun to the heavens, and the younger brought the moon to initiate the night’

‘Thus, the two sisters maintained the balance of the kingdom and its subjects that varied several types of ponies’

‘But as time passed, the older sister became resentful. The ponies enjoyed and played during the night that the younger sister brought, but during the day, they were tired and only slept during their beautiful day’

‘Until one day the older sister refused to move the sun and allow the evening. The younger sister tried to convince her, but her youthful heart had made her into a frightening dark unicorn: Daybreker! She swore it would bring warmth and the day would be eternal’

‘Reluctantly, the younger sister resorted to the most powerful magic known in the realm of ponies: The Elements of Harmony! Using the magic of the elements of harmony, she defeated the older sister and permanently imprisoned her in the sun. The younger sister assumed responsibility for both: Sun and moon. And the harmony has been kept in Equestria for generations since then’

Sunset Shimmer looked a bit suprised with what she just read, “I’ll stay here and search more about it”, said Sunset Shimmer.


Sunset Shimmer found another book that looked for the subject she was researching and began to read.

’The mare in the sun - An ancient fable of ponies. A powerful pony who wanted to rule Equestria. Overcome by the Elements of harmony and imprisoned in the sun. Legend has it that in the longest night of the thousandth year, the heat waves will help her escape and she will bring the eternal day’

Sunset Shimmer looked frightened and worried about it, because the celebration of the winter moon was tomorrow, and this celebration is of the thousandth year. She had to go and warn Luna about it.

“Garble, wait here, I’ll be right back”, said Sunset Shimmer.

“Okay, Sunset”, replied Garble.

Sunset Shimmer ran out of the library to go where she believed Luna was now.


Luna was sitting on her throne arguing with the economics nobles until she heard a knock on the door, “you may come in,” said Luna.

The door opened and Sunset Shimmer came running to Luna, “princess Luna, I need to tell you something important”, began Sunset Shimmer.

Luna seeing that maybe what Sunset Shimmer wanted to tell her was important, she said, “the night court is closed for today”

All the ponies except Sunset Shimmer bowed and said, “Yes, your majesty”

The ponies left the room and went out of the throne room. When everypony left, Luna went up to Sunset Shimmer asking, “What is it, Sunset Shimmer?”

“I read a book that spoke of the mare of the sun, and said that in the longest night of the thousandth year, the heat waves would help escape it and she would bring the eternal day”, replied Sunset Shimmer.

“That is, tomorrow”, concluded Luna.

“Yes, Luna,” replied Sunset Shimmer. “And now?”

“Now you have to go to Ponyville to check the preparations for the winter moon and make friends”, replied Luna.

“Really?” asked Sunset Shimmer unsmilingly. “I don’t need friends”

“I understand, Sunset”, realized Luna. “But to be able to defeat Daybreaker, you will need the help of friends”

“But I can do this by myself,” tried Sunset Shimmer. “I can defeat Daybreaker alone”

“Sunset Shimmer, trust me,” said Luna with a smile. “You’ll need friends to defeat Daybreaker”

Sunset Shimmer looked defeated, “okay, princess”, said Sunset Shimmer with her ears lowered.

“I’m going to make a list so you know what you should check and prepare your carriage to go to Ponyville”, said Luna.

“Okay, princess,” said Sunset Shimmer. “But where am I going to stay in Ponyville?”

“In the Golden Oka’s Tree Library”, said Luna.

“Okay, princess,” said Sunset Shimmer. “I’ll get Garble so he can help me”

Comments ( 5 )

And I wait for the sequel

9470123
There's going to be a sequel.:twilightsmile:

Thus, “My Little Pony: Alternate Universe” begins.

10197562
first yes thestrals are bat-ponies. second dayternal is not a word the correct term is diurnal. third i just thought of a third option the thestrals could be crepuscular which mean only active during twilight hours which would be between dawn and sunrise, and sunset and dusk.

p.s. no Simpsons memes.

Login or register to comment