• Published 24th Jul 2018
  • 909 Views, 15 Comments

Keep Calm and....Wait a Minute - Bookpony579



Fluttershy and Sunset are tasked with trying to reform the spirit of chaos.

  • ...
3
 15
 909

Chapter 5

Arriving at CHS, the girls gasped at what they saw.

Many wild animals, from bears to birds, were making themselves right at home, building nests in the rafters and ventilation to taking up the classrooms as dens. Several reptiles had even made themselves at home in the boiler room!

Everyone (aside from Discord who was riding on the back of a bear) stood in a hallway in horror.

Fluttershy tried talking to one of the local birds for inside, only to receive some very rude chirps in return.

"Why Hubert!" Fluttershy gasped. "Such language!" She turned back to her friends. "I'm sorry everyone. I just don't know what's gotten into them. They won't listen to a word I say."

"If Celestia and Luna see this, they'll so upset!" Twilight exclaimed.

"There has to be something we can do!" Rarity exclaimed as she opened a random door to see what she could find...only to find a black hole on the other side! A man in janitor's uniform was blown out right before she slammed the door shut.

"Hey!" Pinkie said. "You found the janitor!"

The man looked around, eyes widened in horror with visible bags beneath them. He quickly got to his feet and ran off shouting "I QUIT!!!!!!"

The girls just stood there for a moment, blinking.

"You know Discord's behind this, right?" Rainbow asked.

Sunset stomped her foot. "Of course we know he's behind it! We're not idiots! We've just been trying to get him to trust us!"

"Hey there you two!" Discord greeted as he teleported next to them. "Like what I've done with the place? I know you two like animals, so this must be a dream come true!"

Fluttershy gave him a stern glare. "No, it's not. Wild animals don't belong inside a high school."

"Really? Why didn't you say so! And to think I was just trying to do something nice for you girls...." He said in a way that was pretending to be hurt.

Sunset sighed and step forward. "Discord, we appreciate the thought, but we need you to fix this so actual people can learn here."

Discord held a finger to his chin in consideration. "Hmmmm....alright. I'll fix it. One one condition."

"Which is?" Both girls asked.

Discord pointed to the Element around Fluttershy's neck. "You must promise to never use your Element of Harmony against me. As a sign of our friendship."

Fluttershy looked at Sunset, who had the same unsure expression on her face, then to the rest of her friends, who were silently shaking their heads and signaling to say no.

She took a deep breath. "I promise to never use my Element of Harmony against you." She quickly reached around and removed her necklace and cast it aside, much to her friend's horror.

Discord smirked with victory. "Wonderful!" He snapped his fingers and in a flash of light the animals vanished.....but now the inside of the school was turned into an ice skating rink!

He skated around, doing a triple spin, earning top scores from a panel of judges made of other Discords.

"DISCORD!!!" Sunset and Fluttershy shouted furiously. "THAT"S NOT 'FIXING IT'!"

"What's wrong pals?"

"Don't call us your 'pals'!" Sunset shouted.

"Oh, pfft," He waved her off and summoned two more pairs of skates. "Come skating with me, and we'll let bygones be bygones.

Twilight slid over and held out Fluttershy's Element to her. "Here. He fixes this or he goes back to stone. I'm sure Celestia will understand!"

Fluttershy looked at her Element, at Discord holding out the skates, at Sunset, then around the rink.

She took a deep breath. "I made a promise not to use my element against him, and I'm going to keep it." With that, both she and Sunset grabbed a pair of skates.

Pinkie gasped and AJ and Rainbow groaned.

Discord reveld in his victory. "You see? They wants to have fun with me because we're friends. She can't use the elements against me because we're friends. I'm free forever!" He laughed maliciously as Fluttershy and Sunset turned red with fury.

"NOT. YOUR. FRIENDS!" They shouted, throwing the skates to the ground.

"Huh?" Discord turned to them, confused.

"We thought you wanted to be our friend! But friends don't do this to each other!" Fluttershy shouted.

Sunset, in a rage, spoke, "I thought you wanted to change! Don't you understand the opportunity you're being given!? Do you know how hard it was for me after I tried being good!? I wanted to make things easier for you, but apparently you don't want to be a good person! Well you know what!? I've HAD IT! If you want to be a bad guy forever, fine! Be that way! Just don't involve us in your antics!"

As the two girls marched away, a frowning Discord followed them.

"Who cares? I'm the master of Chaos! I can do whatever I want, whenever I want! I've seen civilizations rise and fall and you think you can control me?! You think I'll start being good just because you asked me to!? Because if I don't I'll lose the first friends I've had in eons!?"

He paused, his eyes widening as the full meaning of his speech hit him. His face dropped."Oh. Oh. Well played, you two. Well played."

He then sat down sadly, and an aura emerged from him that turned everything back to normal in it's wake.

The girls cheered as they hugged the two mages.

Discord approached them timidly. "I like it better my way, but... I guess when you're friends, you can't always have things exactly your way all the time, eh?" He smiled at Fluttershy and Sunset, who both smiled back.


It was a little later that were find these teens and Discord standing in front of the school with Celestia and Luna.

"Yes indeed you two, I'm fully ready to use my magic for good." Discord stated before muttering under his breath. "Most of the time..."

Celestia beamed with pride. "Well done girls, I knew you do it. I definitely sense a big change in Discord." Then she whispered to Twilight. "I have the Elements on hand, just in case."

Twilight nodded while Discord gave them a confused look.

"You were right when you said Fluttershy and Sunset would be the ones to find the way to reform Discord. By treating Discord as a friend, they got him to realize that friendship was actually important to him. And something that, once he had, he didn't want to lose." Twilight smiled at the trio.

FLuttershy nudged him. "Go on....say it."

Discord groaned. "Fine." Then, very quickly, he recited. "Friendship is magic."

Sunset placed a comforting hand on him "See? He can be a real sweetheart once you get to know him."

"Thank you Sunset."

"It's-oh. Yeah, that's it."

Luna coughed. "Unfortunately, that's just the beginning."

The girls looked at them in confusion.

Celestia continued nervously. "Duo to the chaos he caused, we feel it would be best to give Discord some sort of 'community service' to show the public he is reformed and to help him further learn his lesson."

"What kind of community service?" Rarity asked.

Luna grunted. "First point, we ran into the old janitor, who has.....decided to take an early retirement."

Rainbow rolled her eyes. "Yeah, he made that abundantly clear when we found him. The baby."

"So..." Celestia continued. "The board decided to grant his request. And as for his replacement.."

Just then, Discord teleported in the middle of the group, wearing a janitor's uniform.

"Guess who's going to be your new janitor!?" He announced cheerfully.

Only Sunset and Fluttershy looked happy for him, the rest of the girls' jaw dropped in horror at the prospect, except for Twilight who stayed surprisingly emotionless.

Luna marched up to Discord and gave him a stern glare. "This means no funny business, you understand? Especially with the students.Now, your first job is to get rid of the black hole."

Discord saluted her. "You got it boss lady!"

Then Twilight walked up to him and spoke. "Congratulations Discord. I hope this works out well for you. Now if you all will excuse me..."

With that, Twilight calmly walked back into the school, shutting the door behind her.

Celestia gave a sigh of relief. "Oh thank goodness. For a moment there-"

The sound of frustrated screaming could be heard through the walls.

Discord smiled casually. "I say she took that rather well. Don't you?"


That night on a hilltop high above Canterlot, a figure sat there enjoying the view.

"Enjoying your freedom?" A feminine voice asked.

Discord smirked and without even turning his head, replied: "Don't try to play innocent with me Izzy, I know you had a hand in this."

The woman smiled knowingly. "Oh?"

"Celestia and Luna deciding to free me, getting one of the Elements of Harmony to reform me? I could smell your scheming little mind from miles away."

The woman chuckled "You always had it in you, even if you yourself didn't recognize it. Besides, chaos and order are both part of life. As long as you don't try to disrupt that balance again, everything should be fine."

Discord got up and approached her. She swiftly responded with a warm hug.

"It's good to have you back."

"Good to be back."

He broke the hug. "So....why did you want to reform me now?"

The woman sighed and looked out over the city. "There's trouble approaching in the near future. It's....one of those times again."

Discord nodded, listening. "And you don't think those little bearers can handle it."

"I think they'll need all the friends they can get."

"Hmm hmm. And I'm assuming they have no idea you yourself are involved with this."

"So far I've only reached out to Twilight....but no, she doesn't know who or what I am. Neither do the other girls. Do you mind holding off on that until-"

"-until the time comes?" He finished for her. "In return for freeing me, you got it."

"Thank you."

"You always did prefer working from the shadows."

"What can I say? The light can get a bit dull after too long."

"And your sisters? If I recall, they weren't particularly fond of you coming down here."

The woman sighed. "I've been helping people for eons now. They couldn't protect me forever."

"I also recall that they weren't that fond of me either."

The woman smiled at him. "They'll change their minds, and so will the others, just give them time. But know that you will always have a friend in me."

Discord discreetly wiped a tear from his eye.

"Are you crying?" The woman asked playfully.

"What? No! I'm just...allergic to the night air is all." He folded his arms and tried to regain some of his dignity.

The woman just giggled at him. "Then I suppose we must get going."

"Canasta on Thursday?"

"You got it!"

With that, the two figures vanished.

Author's Note:

There....sigh...that's finally over and done with.

So Discord's now a recurring character now!

See you all next time!

Comments ( 8 )

I just saw double paragraphs on this chapter.

Just pointing out.

9078320
The last chapter, the part when Celestia told the Mane 7 news of Discord’s community service.

I saw the words were doubled. Check it out.

9078328
Drat! I though I caught that earlier...

Oh well, fixed it! Thanks!

9078356
No probs, glad to help.

Out of curiosity, when the next main story coming along? Btw, loved your stories :)

Heh I like this chapter. I like the ending as well.

9078361

9078368
Thank you!!!! :twilightblush::pinkiehappy:

I'll get to work as soon as come up with something! :raritywink:

Excellent work on the final chapter. I especially liked the extra scenes concerning Discord's community service and Discord's chat with the one who arranged for Celestia and Luna to release Discord AND the full reasoning behind it.

At any rate, the exchanges, characterization, general story wrap-up and future story set-up are all well done in all the right places.


I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Login or register to comment