• Published 24th Jul 2018
  • 908 Views, 15 Comments

Keep Calm and....Wait a Minute - Bookpony579



Fluttershy and Sunset are tasked with trying to reform the spirit of chaos.

  • ...
3
 15
 908

Chapter 1

It was another beautiful night in Canterlot....and an important meeting was about to take place.

On a hilltop high up and overlooking the city and illuminated by moonlight, a woman sat there, admiring how the city seemed to sparkle all different colors. She took a moment to take a deep breath and enjoy the peace.

A few feet behind, two other female figures appeared. The first appeared in a beam of moonlight, the second through swirling leaves. Slowly, the approached the sitting figure.

"Ah...hello ladies." The first figure greeted casually, without even turning around. "How did it go?"

The second figure sighed. "It took some convincing but....they have agreed to try."

"Perfect!" The first figure replied cheerily.

"Are you sure this is wise?" The third figure asked cautiously. "He has already disrupted the balance of nature before..."

"I know." The first figure turned around and gave a small smile. "But things will be different this time. I promise."

The second figure stepped forward. "I understand you two used to be close, but remember what happened just after he was released?"

"Don't worry. They can handle this. You've seen what those girls are capable of."

"I still say they are too young." The third figure replied. "You should have waited-"

"You mean like how Discord waited?" The first figure raised an eyebrow. "Or Sunset Shimmer? Or the Sirens? I know you have your doubts, but have I ever been wrong before?"

The second and third figures looked at each other, resigned.

"Very well then." The second figure nodded. "We will leave this in your hands."

"As always." The first figure smirked.

With a flash of moonlight and a swirl of leaves, the second and third figures left, leaving the first alone to her thoughts.


"Ugh!"

The girls turned to find Sunset kicking away a wrapper before joining them on the front steps.

"Is it me, or is the school more of a mess than usual?"

The group looked through the front door, noting the piling up litter on the ground mixed with dirt throughout the halls.

"Well maybe the school would be cleaner if somebody hadn't turned one of the classrooms into a black hole the janitor wouldn't still be missing." Twilight noted, glaring at a certain pink and rainbow haired duo.

The duo then proceeded to look away and whistle inconspicuously.

"So why did Celestia and Luna ask us to meet them out here again?" Aj asked.

"They said they were bringing an important visitor." Twilight explained. "They mentioned them being a part of a special mission."

"A visitor who's important and slow." Rainbow groaned.

"Ah', kind of glad they're late." AJ admitted. "We had some trouble with beavers building dams and flooding Sweet Apple Acres earlier. Thankfully, Fluttershy managed to set those varmints straight."

Fluttershy blushed as she petted Spike. "Oh, it was nothing. Also, Mr. Beaverton Beaverteeth wouldn't appreciate you calling him that."

AJ humphed.

Sunset looked up and down the road impatiently. "Why are they so late? It's not like Celestia."

"Maybe it's somebody who got in late?" Twilight assumed.

"Maybe it's somebody so terribly important, she still had many more terribly important things to do before she got here." Rarity guessed.

"Maybe it's somebody who got trapped in a time loop, and they had to solve a series of complicated and time consuming puzzels in order to get out!" Pinkie suggested.

Everyone just blinked at her.

Spike opened his eyes and gasped at what he saw. "Maybe the visitor has a deer antler, a goat leg, a bat wing, and a snake tail!"

Twilight waved it off. "Yeah, right. That's Discord."

"Why would Celestia and Luna bring someone like that?" Sunset asked.

"M-m-maybe you should ask... her!" Spike pointed to something down the road.

The girls turned and gasped.

A truck was heading towards the school and in the back of it, secured by various ropes and cords, was the statue of Discord himself.


As a pair of understandably nervous movers unloaded the Spirit of chaos on the lawn, Twilight approached the Principal and Vice Principal.

"With all due respect,............how could you bring Discord here?!" Twilight realized she was shouting before clearing her throughout. "Ma'am's."

Celestia nodded in understanding. "I'm fully aware that the last time Discord was here, he created serious havoc."

Sunset scoffed. "If by 'serious havoc' you mean causing chaos all across Equestria-"

"-and tricking us into hating each other and turning us into complete jerks-" Rainbow continued.

"-And making yummy delicious chocolate milk rain all over the place without a single cookie to dip it in. NOT. ONE!" Pinkie fumed.

Celestia cleared her through nervously. "Yes, I understand. But we have use for Discord's magic if it can be reformed to serve good instead of evil. This is why we've brought Discord here, because I believe that you are the people who can help him do just that."

"This will never work! This is a disaster! How will we ever control him?! We're doomed!" Spike panicked.

"Believe me, I'm with you all on this one." Luna grumbled.

Celestia glared at her sister before continuing. "Need I remind you that you are the mages who turned him back into stone like this in the first place?"

'Well...." Twilight began to think. "..we could always just use the Elements to turn him back into stone if he gets out of hand."

"And you all don't have to worry about him taking them like last time." Celestia nodded to Luna, who opened the jeweled box she was carrying. "We've cast a spell so Discord can't take them and hide them again."

"Why do you have to reform him now!?" Spike asked, still panicking.

"Because some Goddesses like to mess with us mortals for their own amusement." Luna said plainly, before receiving an elbow to the gut courtesy of Celestia.

"Uh, quick question?" Sunset spoke up. "If this is Element of Harmony business, then why am I here?"

Celestia smiled warmly at her ward. "Simple. I believe you and Fluttershy may know best how to begin reforming Discord."

"What!?" Everyone gasped.

"M-me...?!" Fluttershy meekly asked.

"I realize that this is a tall order, but I wouldn't ask if I weren't confident you two could get him to use magic obediently of his own free will." Celestia explained.

"And... you really think we'll know best how to do that?" Sunset asked.

Celestia smiled. "I do. Now, we have to go over details with the council. You may release Discord when ready."

With that, Celestia and Luna teleported away while the moves drove away at the speed of lightning, leaving the girls alone with the statue.

"Okay, girls," Twilight announced, putting on her crown. "guess it's time to get started. Let's just hope this releasing spell works."

"Ill just....support you from way over there!" Spike said before hiding behind some bushes.

"Okay, as a precaution, let's keep out Elements on at all times, okay?" She received five nods as the girls put on their respective necklace.

Sunset took a few steps back, giving the girls their space.

With that, the six teens held hands and started the spell, causing their Elements to start glowing. A rainbow began to flow through each of the gemstones before gathering at the Element of Magic and be blasted at Discord.

Just as before, the rainbow completely surrounded him, but this time the sound of stone breaking could be heard.

Quickly the rainbow faded....revealing a very much moving and free Discord.

Author's Note:

Alright...we all knew this was happening so here it is!

Honestly, i was hoping to get a Pinkie and Rarity story in before this one but I got stuck so here we are!