• Published 24th Jul 2018
  • 909 Views, 15 Comments

Keep Calm and....Wait a Minute - Bookpony579



Fluttershy and Sunset are tasked with trying to reform the spirit of chaos.

  • ...
3
 15
 909

Chapter 4

When Sunset and Fluttershy returned, they found Discord lying on the couch eating paper again. The only difference was...

"Are you sure this isn't overdoing it? You said to make myself at home while you were gone, but I wouldn't want to overstep my bounds." Discord asked as he took a bite.

The two girls looked at each other. Then they looked around the living room. Furniture that had previously been on the floor was now either on the ceiling (including the couch Discord was on) or floating around. The throw rug had been turned into a puddle filled with singing fish and the lamp was now doing a waltz with the vacuum cleaner.

Fluttershy was just thankful her parents were out of town and not here to see this.

"Oh...of course not!" Fluttershy quickly reassured him " If this makes you comfortable, the please, feel free."

"Yeah!" Sunset nervously spoke up. "Though a little warning would have been nice...."

"Why you girls are just so understanding!" Discord gushed. "Not like your nasty, closed minded friends."

"Hey. Our friends aren't nasty!" Sunset argued.

"Which just goes to show how understand you are!" Discord laid an arm around Sunset's shoulders. "As one ex-villain to another I must say, you really are getting through to me Sunrise."

"Sunset."

"Whatever. You really understand what I'm going through. I'm starting to think Celestia and Luna were right about picking you two for this. You've both done such a good job that I am seriously considering being reformed." As he said this, another Discord head appeared on the back of his and blew a raspberry at Angel.

"Sunset! FLuttershy!" A voice shouted from outside.

Fluttershy gasped. "That sounds like Twilight!"


FLuttershy and Sunset found Twilight and Spike on the sidewalk, gaping at the house.

"Girls! Are you okay!?" She asked, looking at the state of the house. The trees were now giant lollipops, the grass was sandpaper and the stone walkway was now made of rubber stones.

"We're fine!" Sunset quickly reassured them

"What are you doing here?" Fluttershy asked.

"We've come to get you away from Discord! He's just terrible and, from the looks of it, completely out of control!" Twilight explained.

Fluttershy shook her head. "Oh, but you're wrong! We're making great progress!"

Twilight and Spike both stared at her. "Seriously!?" They gestured to the state of the house.

Sunset stepped forward. "I know how it looks, but's fine. We're just earning his trust by giving him a little space to be himself! After all, you can't expect the spirit of Chaos to stop causing chaos completely right?" She gave a hopeful grin. "Besides....we'll find a more permanent spot for it later."

"Hate to break it to ya," Spike spoke. "but he used that "space to be himself" to tear out all the reforming spells from the library!"

"'Reforming spells'?" Sunset asked.

Fluttershy put a hand to her chin in thought. "That does explain the paper eating..."

"He ate them?!" Twilight groaned.

"But we aren't gonna need a spell." Fluttershy assured them. "He's already really considering being reformed! He said so."

"And you believed him?" Spike asked skeptically.

"If we're going to be his friends, we have to start by giving him the benefit of the doubt!" Sunset reasoned. "Besides...you didn't need a reformation spell on me, right?" She raised an eyebrow.

Twilight looked away in guilt.

"Tell you what." Fluttershy continued. "Bring all the girls over for a dinner party this evening, and I'll bet his manners will have really improved by then. We'll even get him to put the furniture back on the floor!"

Twilight sighed, knowing they weren't about to give up on this. "Alright...dinner it is."


Later that evening, the five mages stood in front of Fluttershy's newly restored house.

"Ugh!" Rainbow groaned "I can't believe we're having a dinner party with Discord!"

"At least I didn't bother wearing my best dress." Rarity said while wearing a still stunning purple and pink dress.

"Sunset and Fluttershy think the best way to reform him is to give him a chance. After all, it worked for Sunset didn't it?"

There were mutters of reluctant agreement.

"Yeah.." Pinkie spoke up. "But Sunset only stole one of the most powerful magical artifacts of all time and turned into an evil demon that tried to brainwash everyone and Discord is an ancient Spirit of Chaos that tried to spread disharmony to all of Equestria. So...kinda hard to compare the two."

"I mean...they both made horrible decisions, but that doesn't mean they don't deserve a second chance. Right?"

As id on cue, the door opened, revealing DIscord wearing a waiter's uniform.

"Good Evening ladies!"

He dropped his jaw and rolled out his tongue which kept rolling into a red carpet and he jumped up at the end.

"May I take your jewelry for safe keeping?" Discord asked slyly, reaching for Twilight's crown.

Twilight backed away just in time and looked at her friends.

"Hold onto your Elements girls....it's gonna be a crazy night."


Inside the decor was now tacky and bold (much to Pinkie's delight and Rarity's disgust) at the center of it was a large dining table where Fluttershy and Sunset were already seated.

"Welcome girls!" Fluttershy greeted. "Don't you like what Dicord's done for tonight?"

"Well..."

"It's certainly colorful..."

"Meh..."

"I love it!" Pinkie replied with her usual enthusiasm.

Sunset nodded. "As you all know, Fluttershy and I were tasked with teaching Discord with using his magic for good."

A gravy sailed around the table, as though the tablecloth were water.

"Gravy Pinkie Pie?" Sunset offered.

"Ooh!" Pinkie marveled as the boat topped some gravy on her mashed potatoes before sailing away.

"Kinda creepy if you ask me..." Rainbow said as she watched her napkin fly away like a bird.

"Rainbow, you're not giving him a chance." Fluttershy scolded.

Then, a teapot with wings flew over to Rainbow and poured scolding hot tea in her lap.

"Hey! Watch it!" Rainbow yelled as she jumped up.

Discord quietly chuckled before noticing the eyes on him. "So sorry! May I offer a nice, cold glass of water instead?" With that, a flying pitcher full of water flew over to Rainbow....and poured water all over her head.

Rainbow growled as she glared at Discord.

"Hey did that on purpose!"

"Oh come now!" Discord thew his hands up in self defense. "Everybody makes mistakes. Look!" He pointed to the center of the table. "Dancing forks!"

Indeed, all the forks had gathered and were dancing in sync....until Rainbow blasted some magic at them, causing the to jump away.

"Come on you two!" She looked at Sunset and Fluttershy. "He's just trying to distract us-OW!" She immediately found herself under attack from the floating forks, causing her to run around the room as they chased her.

"AAAAAHHHHHH!"

"Ah suppose that just another 'mistake'?" AJ questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Do I think you just made them mad."

"Something strange is going on...." Twilight surmised before getting hit with a roll the candelabra was throwing around.

"Discord?" Both Sunset and Fluttershy asked with worry.

"B-bad candle! Bad boy!" Discord scolded. "Honestly, it's so hard to find good help these days."

"That candle's only doing what you tell it to do!" Rarity accused.

"Now let's not jump to any conclusions..."Sunset said, trying to cool things down.

Rainbow returned, having lost the angry forks. "Can't you see what he's doing? He's playing innocent with you so you'll never agree to use the Elements of Harmony against him!"

He folded his arms. "Now that's just cruel."

"You see what I'm saying right?" Rainbow asked her friends.

Sunset and Fluttershy glared at her.

"You know what I see?" Sunset asked. "I see that Discord's far from perfect, but I also see none of you giving him a chance!"

Numerous complaints arose from the others.

"What's gotten into you?!" Rainbow demanded. "Why do you keep cutting him so much slack?"

This caused both girls to rise up and each put a hand on Discord. "Because that's what friends do." Fluttershy stated.

That statement caused Discord to blink in surprise. "We're friends?"

"Of course!" Sunset responded. "After all, you weren't the only one who had a hard time learning to be good." She gave a hard stare to the rest of her friends, who averted their gazes.

"Oh... Well, I've... never really had a friend before." Discord stammered.

"Well, now you do!" Fluttershy reassured him, causing him to smile.

*Creeeeeek!*

The sound of a window opening could be heard, and everyone turned and saw a frantic Angel climb though and hop on the table.

"Now is not a good time, Angel. We're having a dinner party." Fluttershy said as he started chittering away. "Huh? Oh no!" She gasped.

"What?" Twilight asked. "What's he saying!"

"There's something wrong at the school!"

"And we all know who's behind that now, don't we?!" Rainbow shot a look at Discord.

A halo appeared over his head. "Who? Me?" He asked innocently.

"Oh, give it a rest! What do you think of your "friend" now you two?"

Sunset and Fluttershy shared a worried glance before looking at Discord with doubt.

Author's Note:

Special thanks to Comickook for helping me with this chapter!