• Published 30th Apr 2018
  • 3,413 Views, 341 Comments

Advent of the Black Strain - the7Saviors



We finally escaped, but where in Tartarus are we now? Well, wherever we are, we need to get back to Equestria and find out what happened to Celestia. We need to find out what happened to our home while we've been gone.

Comments ( 28 )

"Trust me, Sweetie Belle," she said with a bitter smile, "when Sombra's done with me, you'll wish I was dead and gone. Now then... goodbye Sweetie Belle, and good luck to you and the others."

Good luck to you Chrysalis:pinkiesad2:.

"Tell Shining Armor and Cadence, that I'm sorry... for everything."

:applecry:

The future looks more and more hopeless with each chapters. I don't even think Twilight and the gangs are strong enough to challenge Sombra and his army. Then, again, I never play Prototype, so I don't know if there are any level-up powers aside from the ones they already possess.

S E Q U E L C O N F I R M E D

I... don't think i'm currently able to judge this story. It gets a high rank, sure... but the ending just leaves you wanting more. It's like dried fruit, in a way. It's delicious, and good for you, but by the time you've finished, you realize that you just ate several whole fruit and are still hungry.

9200608
I will take that as a acompliment, and also apologize, but there's so much more I can do with this story now with the direction I've taken it, and personally I feel it's best I took some time to sort through some of the finer details of the plot and come back when I have more than a few vague ideas. The scale of the story in the next book I think demands it what with all the different viewpoints that are going to be taking place.

I want to like this but you lost me. A shame really you are good at making bad/dark/grimm situations but now only a miracle the level of a Deus ex Machina will make things better that like the six reconnect somehow with their elements as I really only see that possible if they had at least left that one town intact or at least not so messed up to show that in a way they were still themselves if a bit messed up, the future is bleak indeed.

The tests had already been done with changeling cells. As it turned out, changelings made the perfect hostā€”far more effective than even griffons did.

And yet i get the distinct impression that they'll be far less powerful than a pony host could be... or any free-thinking infected for that matter as they are gonna be far less flexible in their thinking :moustache:

"With as much as you've done for us, I don't see how more ponies haven't figured it out yet," she replied with a weak chuckle, "AJ and Scoots didn't realize it until I told them directly."

I am pretty sure you mean AB not AJ :unsuresweetie:

9200617
I'll be looking forward to it. For now, maybe i need something to clear my palate. (Can you tell that I haven't had lunch yet?)

Hoo boy...
For an epilogue, that's one hell of a cliffhanger!
But, I'm definitely looking forward to what comes next!

Can't wait to see what you come up with next!
This arc was great, establishing some more details about the mane 6, setting up their next adventures, and fleshing out the resistance. All done with great pacing.

This really seems like a rather abrupt ending. It feels like the story was just starting and now it's coming to a sudden end. I honestly do not find that a very satisfying way to wrap up a story.

The problem was that Sombra's team of scientist had found the wrench Chrysalis had thrown into the cogs of Sombra's viral machine and removed it.

Oh, well shit.

The victims in question this time around, however... would be Chrysalis and her changelings.

OH. No WONDER she's in "oh shit" mode.

"I trust you were able to make it here without incident, Miss Belle?"

So THAT'S where she is.

"Tell Shining Armor and Cadence, that I'm sorry... for everything."

:(


Man, this ending feels really abrupt. How many more fics are you planning on being in this series?

well all the shits.
now i find myself hoping twilight finds out in some way she can rewright that controle gene sombra will be putting into them all. and restore their lost memories some how. but thats just me hoping for the absolute best that will likely not happen.

twenty bits on Murphy screwing with the control gene on one of the changelings, rendering them unresponsive to Sombra's orders.

Well looky what we have have here! A rare gem. Usually when a game is involved in these type of stories or situations. They turn into a mess. But this is well put together. I'm no writer what so ever. But if was I have some ideas. I'm just a reader. Read alot of stories. But please. Take your time on the next story. Maybe it's just me, but it feels rushed. Maybe that's what you wanted to get to the good stuff.

Hum.
This is well written and interesting story in its own right , to give credit where it's due , but I won't be reading any further because ... well , since the midway point , I actually started caring and liking Svanhild more than the actual protagonists , if that make sense. She was this story Heller in a way , I suppose (except that I actually cared about her more than Heller , go figure)
I am used to morally "challenged" characters , but I guess I am still too heroic , deep down :twilightsheepish:

Another win.
You're on a roll.

Where do I find part three? He says it will be out before 2019, so can anybody provide a link?

9386065
Nope that is a promise I sadly have not kept as of yet. I need a bit more time to work things out, and other stories and work have me busy, but I haven't abandoned the story here.

9386196
Omg you'd better. I want to know what happened to our beloved town.

9605313
I still plan to continue the story, though I'm gonna wait until I finish one of my other stories before I do. I'm kind of at capacity right now. :twilightsheepish:

Could Chrysalis and the other not hide in Griffonia or somewhere? She know that Sombra is going to turn her into a puppet, try to hide and maybe put fire to the castle, or poison him.

Waiting for the sequel

9605320
Well I'd like to know the title name of the next part. Nothing else.

Alrighty, I figured there was gonna be a part 3 to this. I'll just wait patiently for it. This was certainly a ride though. One I thoroughly enjoyed. Can't wait for the next installment. Till then guess I'll just no life all your other fics I'm not caught up with in the meantime lol.

9677543
It's taken some time to respond, but if you want to know the title for the next part in the story, it's The Dissonant Infection, and it's the next story on my list to start writing in the near future.

9747473
and who dies in this one?

That was great, but that's not the best way to end the story, the adventure literally just started and than the end came. Well than I'm gonna read the next one.

Login or register to comment