• Published 8th Apr 2018
  • 1,705 Views, 27 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic - sonicdash123



Join Twilight and her friends on a journey in the dueling universe of Equestria.

  • ...
9
 27
 1,705

An Old Rivalry - Rainbow Dash vs Lightning Dust (Umbrum)

Arriving at night time in Cloudsdale, Rainbow flew around the town looking for anything suspicious in the town. She then noticed some fillies hiding in a house and decided to approach them. "What's going on, little ones?" she asked. The fillies only closed the curtains in fear as Rainbow's eyes widened. She then continued her investigation until she came across smoke from the weather factory in the sky. She flew towards the factory to investigate. When she got there, she saw a familiar turquoise pegasus with a strange yellow aura surrounding her. She turned to see Rainbow and grinned.

"So you came after all, Rainbow Dash," the pegasus said.

"What is this, Umbrum? Another one of your tricks? Nobody tricks Rainbow Dash and gets away with it."

"As usual, puny pegasus. You are gratefully mistaken. You recognize this pony after all, don't you?"

"I remember Lightning Dust as my rival. She tried to make Scootaloo to do some dangerous stunt."

"And that you let her get caught by the rocket scooter and making her your lifelong rival."

"Lightning would never join the Umbrum like how she worked with Radiant one time."

"Come then. Let us settle this once and for all!" A wall of purple flames appeared and surrounded them making a shape of a monkey as Lightning activated her duel disk while Rainbow did the same.

"Let's Duel!!"

Rainbow Dash: LP 4000. Lightning Dust: LP 4000

"I'll go first," Rainbow said. "Draw! I activate a continuous spell; Black Whirlwind! Whenever I normal summon a Blackwing monster, I can add another one to my hand with less attack. I then summon Blackwing - Shura the Blue Flame!" A blue feathered bird appeared on the field. [ATK 1800. LV 4] "My spell then goes off as I add a monster with less attack to my hand. I then special summon Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind." A purple and green bird appeared. [ATK 1300. LV 3] "I then tune my Blackwings to Synchro summon. Darkened gales, become the wings which will soar to the heavens! Synchro Summon! Blackwing Armor Master!" A black armored humanoid bird appeared. [ATK 2500. LV 7] "I set two cards and end my turn."

"A Synchro summon on the first turn, eh?" Lightning said. "Clever. My turn! Draw! I summon Berserk Gorilla." A rampaging gorilla appeared. [ATK 2000. LV 4] "I activate Terraforming. It allows me to search the deck for a field spell and add it to my hand. I then activate the field spell; Mausoleum of the Emperor." The field then began to change into a mausoleum. "Next, I activate Burden of the Mighty! Every single one of your monster's attack points are lost by its level times hundred." [ATK 1800]

"Aww man."

"Now, my gorilla. Attack her Blackwing!" The gorilla leaps in the air and slams at the armored bird.

"You forget that my monster cannot be destroyed by battle and I take no battle damage involving this card."

"Darn! I'll set a card and end my turn then. Consider yourself lucky."

"My turn! I draw! I activate Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy your face up continuous spell." A typhoon destroys Lightning's spell card. "Blackwing Armor Master, attack her gorilla! Black Hurricane!" The armored humanoid flies towards the gorilla and punches it to destroy it.

"Grr!" [Lightning Dust: 4000 -> 3500] "Lucky shot."

"I'll end my turn."

"My turn! Draw!" Lightning grinned as she gazed at Rainbow. "I activate my field spell's effect. By paying 2000 life points, I can normal summon a monster that requires two monsters for a tribute summon." [Lightning Dust: 3500 -> 1500]

"Say what now?"

"Get ready to meet my ace card!" A giant heart appears in the sky as some pure darkness and souls from the air were absorbed into it. Rainbow was shocked to see what was coming. "I sacrifice the souls of these spirits! Advent, Earthbound Immortal Cusillu!" A burst of purple flame erupted and a giant monkey with yellow pattern lines rose from the purple flames on the field. [ATK 2800. LV 10]

"I've never seen a monster this giant!" Lightning laughed maniacally.

"Like it?"

"No. Whose souls did you take?"

"The souls of the innocent of this town of Cloudsdale." Rainbow gasped as Lightning continued her explanation. "You see, every Earthbound Immortal requires a sacrifice or two."

"I am going to make you pay for taking those souls!"

"Try and stop me! Cause you will now feel the power of this monster! Cusillu, attack her directly!" The giant monkey raises its clenched hand and slams down at Rainbow.

"GAHHH!!!" [Rainbow: 4000 -> 1200] Rainbow Dash was down on the ground and she then slowly got up after she felt that aggressive attack.

"I will end my turn with just that. Make your move. Cause it will be your last." Rainbow felt pain on her arm as she got up to look at it. She then lets go of her arm to reveal a glowing mark on it. "What the hey?!" Rainbow was surprised as well and then looked at Lightning.

"You will return those souls back to Cloudsdale! My turn! Draw! I activate Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy your field spell!"

"What?!" A typhoon appeared to destroy the field spell and the Earthbound Immortal got destroyed in the process.

"I then summon Blackwing - Jin the Rain Shadow!" A lone ninja bird appeared. [ATK 600. LV 1] "Then, I tune my two Blackwings to Synchro summon a monster just for you. The black whirlwind turns into wings to fly to the sky! Synchro Summon! Soar to power, Black-Winged Dragon!" A whirlwind of black feathers appeared and then disappeared to reveal a black feathered dragon. [ATK 2800. LV 8]

"This can't be!"

"Now, Black-Winged Dragon! Attack her and end this duel! Shadow Squall Blast!" The feathered dragon's wings glowed red as it charges its fire breath and then fires a blast at Lightning.

"NOOOOOO!!!!!" [Lightning Dust: 1500 -> 0] The Umbrum in the form of Lightning Dust vanished into thin air as the duel ended. Rainbow sat down and took a breather before she heard a crowd cheering at the town of Cloudsdale. She sighed and smiled as she got up and limped back to town to check on the pegasi of Cloudsdale to see if they are alright.

"It's up to the others now." Rainbow then looked at her arm with the mark. "What was that about?"

Author's Note:

This may have been a quick duel I wrote in case you guess were wondering. I will try to make the other duels longer like last time. Promise. :twilightsheepish:

Comments ( 10 )

I see EarthBound Immortals time call the Crimson Dragon

I managed to fully read this.

What's in store for Spike in this? Would he get to duel too? Or is he sadly left out and excluded due to not being a "chosen one"?
Wished he does get to duel against the 7 umbrum there honestly..

Whats in store for Princess Luna too? Would she be a Signer too since Cadance is one as well?

10761269 I have never thought of that.

10761528
Were my other comments ok too?

10761676
Where did that comment came from?
It appears to be from 2012?

10761528
What do you think might happen for Spike?

10763051
Ok then.

What deck(s) might Spike use anyway?

10763051
Wonder how is the fic going?

Login or register to comment