• Published 8th Apr 2018
  • 1,702 Views, 27 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic - sonicdash123



Join Twilight and her friends on a journey in the dueling universe of Equestria.

  • ...
9
 27
 1,702

Semi-Finals Round Two - Shining Armor vs Twilight Sparkle

Twilight paced around worried as she waited for Charming Thunder to come. Charming Thunder then entered the room and she rushed on over to him with a tight hug. "I was worried about you during your duel," Twilight said; relieved. "I thought you would never lose."

"Thank Celestia I had Slifer in my deck," Charming Thunder said. "Otherwise, I would lose against Danny again."

"You dueled him before?"

"Before he had that Winged Dragon. The question is; are you ready to face your brother?"

"I am nervous at first, but I know I am ready for whatever comes at my way!" Twilight had the look of confidence and had bravery in her. "I will win this duel for sure."

"Then I wish you luck, Twilight."

"Thanks." Twilight walked past Charming Thunder as he walked the other direction to his seat where the audience watches.


Twilight walked up the steps to the duel field as she saw her brother standing at the other side waiting for his opponent. The crowd cheered as Twilight took her position. "I hope you are prepared, little sis," Shining Armor said as he activated his duel disk.

"I know I am, BBBFF," Twilight said as she activated her duel disk as well.

"Duel!"

Twilight Sparkle: LP 4000. Shining Armor: LP 4000

"I'll go first," Twilight said. "Draw! I summon Breaker, the Magical Knight!" A red knight appeared on the field. [ATK 1600. LV 4] "Now since I summoned it, it gains a spell counter and has 300 more attack points for each counter on it." [ATK 1900] "I then set a card and end my turn."

"My turn! Draw! I summon Trident Warrior in defense mode!" A bearded human with a trident appeared on the field. [DEF 1200. LV 4] "Next, I activate his special ability. You see, since he was normal summoned to the field, I can special summon a level three Warrior type monster. And I choose to special summon Marauding Captain in defense mode." A lone armored captain appeared on the field in a guarding pose. [DEF 400. LV 3] "I set two cards and end my turn. Your move."

"My turn! Draw! I remove a counter on my magical warrior to destroy a face down spell or trap card!" The warrior charged at the face down card and slashed at it. "With the counter gone, it loses its gained attack points." [ATK 1600] "I then tribute it to summon one of my companions; Dark Magician Girl!" A magician woman popped out of a spell circle and twirled her wand. She then winked and posed. [ATK 2000. LV 5] "Dark Magician Girl, attack his Marauding Captain! Dark Burning Attack!" The girl twirled her wand and aimed it at the captain to fire a blast of magic at it. "I end my turn."

"It's my turn! I draw! I activate a spell from my hand; Swords of Revealing Light!" Three glowing swords appeared over Shining Armor. "You cannot attack for three turns. I set a monster and end my turn."

"My turn! Draw! I summon Skilled Dark Magician!" A human in black robes holding a staff appeared on the field. [ATK 1900. LV 4] "I then activate a spell; Mystical Space Typhoon! I destroy your Swords of Revealing Light!" A typhoon appeared and destroyed the three glowing swords. "Since I activated a spell, my Skilled Dark Magician gains a spell counter. Next, I activate another spell; Monster Reborn! I bring back one monster from the graveyard. I choose to bring back Breaker, the Magical Knight." A red knight appeared on the field. "This also lets my Skilled Dark Magician to gain another Spell counter. Dark Magician Girl, attack his face down monster! Dark Burning Attack!"

"Not so fast, little sis. I activate my face down; Waboku! I take no damage and my monsters cannot be destroyed by battle." The magician's attack stopped as the trap activated.

"I end my turn."

"It's my turn! Draw! I summon Marauding Captain in defense mode!" An armored captain appeared on the field. [DEF 400. LV 3] "I activate his effect. I can special summon a level four or lower Warrior type monster to the field from my hand. Come on out, King's Knight!" An armored king with a sword and shield appeared on the field. [ATK 1600. LV 4] "I end my turn."

"My turn! I draw! I activate a spell; Swords of Revealing Light! Three glowing swords appeared over Twilight. "This also lets my Skilled Dark Magician gain his final spell counter. So, I tribute my magician to special summon Dark Magician! A spell circle appeared and a staff flew out as a magician popped out. The magician caught his staff and twirled it. [ATK 2500. LV 7] "Dark Magician, attack his Marauding Captain! Dark Magic Attack!" The magician aimed his staff and fired a dark attack at the captain. "I set a card and end my turn."

"It's my turn! Draw! Let's see if you can survive this card. I tribute three monsters to summon something for you."

"Three monsters!? Then that means..."

"Legendary gods of Egypt, please hear my call! In the name of every Pharaoh that came before, I now beseech thee! Awaken, mighty Obelisk, and rid the sacred palace of this darkness. I summon Obelisk the Tormentor!" A giant blue monster appeared on the field. [ATK 4000. LV 10]

"Where on earth did you get that card?"

"A certain griffon gave it me. She said that I was worthy to use it. Since your swords is in play, I end my turn." One of the glowing swords disappeared.

"I need to find a way to destroy him or I'm done for. My turn! Draw! I summon Defender, the Magical Knight in defense mode!" A blue knight appeared on the field. [DEF 2000. LV 4] "Since it was summoned, it gains a spell counter. I end my turn."

"It's my turn. I draw! I set a card and end my turn." The second sword disappeared in an instant.

"My turn! Draw! I activate an equip spell; Magic Formula! I equip it on my Dark Magician and it gains 700 attack points." [ATK 3200] "It may not be enough to stop your Obelisk, but it will have to do for now. I end my turn."

"My turn! Draw! I set a card and end my turn!" The final sword disappeared completely leaving Twilight's monsters wide open for an attack.

"My turn! Draw! I summon Magician's Valkyria!" A blue magician holding a staff appeared on the field. [ATK 1600. LV 4] "When I have it on the field, you can only target her for an attack instead of my other Spellcaster type monsters. I end my turn."

"That won't save you from the Egyptian God's wrath. My turn. Draw! Obelisk, attack her Valkyria! Fist of Fury!" The giant blue monster punched the blue magician causing it to explode.

"AHHH!" [Twilight Sparkle: LP 4000 -> 1600]

"I end my turn. Make it your last."

"I will not lose! My turn! D-Draw! Yes! First, I activate a spell card; The Eye of Timaeus! I target my Dark Magician Girl and use it to fusion summon Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight!" The magician's outfit changed to armor and a dragon appeared for her to mount on. [ATK 2600. LV 7] "I then activate its special ability! I send one card from my hand to the graveyard to target your Obelisk on the field and destroy it!"

"NO!" The giant blue monster got destroyed by the dragon's fire breath.

"Now Dark Magician, attack him directly! Dark Magic Attack!" The magician aimed its staff at Shining Armor and fired a blast at him.

"AHHH!" [Shining Armor: LP 4000 -> 800]

"Now end this duel Dragon Knight with an attack directly." The dragon breathed some fire towards Shining Armor.

"GAAAAAHHHH!" [Shining Armor: LP 800 -> 0] The crowd cheered to the victor as Twilight approached Shining Armor. "How is this possible!? I was worthy of using Obelisk the Tormentor. Maybe I just got too cocky."

"At least you had fun, right BBBFF?"

"Yeah. I guess you can say that." Twilight turned to the crowd and saw Charming Thunder cheering for her so she waved to the crowd.