• Published 8th Apr 2018
  • 1,702 Views, 27 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic - sonicdash123



Join Twilight and her friends on a journey in the dueling universe of Equestria.

  • ...
9
 27
 1,702

The Bet

Charming Thunder strolled through the town of the Crystal Empire when he noticed Twilight and he decided to go to her. Twilight noticed him coming and smiled as he approached. "Guess it's you and me in the finals, huh?" Twilight said.

"Yup," Charming Thunder said. "Thank Celestia you survived the wrath of Obelisk the Tormentor."

"My brother said that he got that card from a griffon before the match ever started. I don't know who though." Charming Thunder turned to see Scootaloo and her two friends approaching. "Hey, Scootaloo. What's up?"

"We just wanted to wish you two luck in the finals tomorrow," Scootaloo said.

"Thanks," Charming Thunder said. "Who are your friends here?"

"I'm Sweetie Belle," Sweetie Belle said. "Rarity's sister."

"And I'm Applebloom," Applebloom said. "Applejack's sister."

"It is an honor to meet you, Charming."

"The honor is all mine," Charming Thunder said.

"Have you seen Rainbow Dash anywhere?" Scootaloo asked.

"I haven't," Twilight said. "She hasn't been herself ever since my duel with my brother."

"I'll find her for you guys," Charming Thunder said before he used his magic to teleport away from the group.


Later that night, Charming Thunder began his search in the bar. Quiet music was being played for the bar as he looked around for Rainbow. He then noticed that Rainbow Dash was hanging out at a bar with Applejack with a jealous look on her face. She took a sip of her drink and placed the empty cup on the counter. "Don't you think you had enough, Rainbow?" Applejack asked; worried. All Applejack ever had was one cup of apple cider that was on the menu of the bar.

"I just don't get why Charming, Danny, and Shining have the most rarest cards in all of Equestria," Rainbow said. "This makes me jealous of them."

"Doesn't give you a reason to come to the bar and have a few drinks. Look, I need to head back to go see Twilight. You just cool off about somepony like Charming." Applejack got up from her seat and walked out of the door. Rainbow walked to the door as Applejack took her leave.

“Applejack, he’s not like the princesses, you know,” Rainbow slammed the door and flew back to the counter. “When it comes down to it, he’s just an admirer to Twilight. I’m not afraid of him.” She tapped her hoof on the counter which made Charming Thunder enter the room with his teleportation magic. She then took a step back in fear. “No. It can’t be.”

“Not afraid of me, you say?” Charming Thunder asked.

“Stay back or I’ll take you down, I promise you!”

“Insolent mare! You think you owe more of a soul than I do?”

“She is the princess of friendship. You may have the right to speak to her, but I know she will win.”

“You think so? You really think so? Win? With all of her powerful...cards?”

Charming Thunder

Look at you, always loyal
Stinking drunk, so uncouth
Shall we two make a bet?
Devil take the hindmost

Rainbow Dash

Look at you, foul as sin
Handsome, but horrible
Call the stakes, deal me in
Devil take the hindmost

Charming Thunder/(Rainbow Dash)

Twilight will choose on that day
(Let her choose)
Will she win or lose
(Draw the line!)
If she loses, you lose as well
(I never lose)

Charming Thunder

You leave me be

Rainbow Dash

Fine!

Charming Thunder

Forever

Rainbow Dash

Fine!
And if she won’t?
If I win?

Charming Thunder

A copy of my Blue-Eyes

Charming Thunder offered his hoof to Rainbow Dash as she grinned about the offer. She then grabbed his hoof and shook it.

Rainbow Dash

Very well, let’s begin

Charming Thunder/Rainbow Dash

Devil take the hindmost

Charming Thunder/(Rainbow Dash)

(You think you have the odds)
Our old game
(You think you're in control)
It’s been changed
(You think you've fixed the dice)
Every throw
(Well, I will gladly roll)
Riskier

(I’ll bet against all odds)
All the rules
(I'll even double down)
Rearranged
Fate has redesigned most

(Fortune's on my side, I may have lost that match)
Cut the deck
(I lost against you)
Let us play

(I'll beat you even now)
You and I
(I’ll win that card)
Once again

In the end
(And when the game is done)
Either way

Charming Thunder/Rainbow Dash

Devil take the hindmost
Now Twilight will choose at last
Will she win or lose?

Rainbow Dash

Scootaloo will help me root for her

Charming Thunder

Are you sure?

Rainbow Dash

What?

Charming Thunder

Are you so sure?

Rainbow Dash

What are you talking about?

Charming Thunder

Such a child, strange to see
Talented, brave
Does she admire you or me?
Which one do you find most?

Rainbow Dash

You lie!

Charming Thunder/(Rainbow Dash)

And yet you doubt
(She would never)
Doubt your friends
(Or ever could)
Doubt Scootaloo
(Admire someone like you)
Everything
(You’re crazy)

So now we play
(So now I play)
For your life
(For my life)

Charming Thunder/Rainbow Dash

Devil take the hindmost

Charming Thunder/(Rainbow Dash)

Deal the cards!
(I call your bluff)
Let them fall
(The game is on)

Choose your hand
(And we will see)
Try your best
(Who wins out)

He or she who wins
(Once and for all)

Charming Thunder/Rainbow Dash

Wins it all
Devil take the hindmost

Charming Thunder’s horn glowed and used his magic to pin Rainbow Dash to the counter as he stepped closer to her face. “She wins, you will have a copy of my Blue-Eyes White Dragon,” Charming Thunder said. “She loses, you leave my business alone.”

Charming Thunder

Devil take the hindmost

Charming Thunder then released Rainbow and began to take his leave. Rainbow sat on the floor and placed a hoof on her forehead. “Dear Celestia,” Rainbow whispered. “What have I done? What would Danny think? The final round is tomorrow morning!” She then got up from the ground and rushed out of the bar with worry in her eyes.