• Published 8th Apr 2018
  • 1,705 Views, 27 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Magic - sonicdash123



Join Twilight and her friends on a journey in the dueling universe of Equestria.

  • ...
9
 27
 1,705

The Mark of the Dragon - Charming Thunder vs Princess Cadence

Charming Thunder arrived at the Crystal Empire castle and checked in with Princess Cadence about the situation with splitting up to every location in Equestria. She then realized that it was excellent thinking and then said, "I think that it is time." Charming Thunder had a look of confusion.

"Time for what, sis?"

"For your Crystal Trial. Since you are part Crystal Pony, you must be put to the test to see if you are capable of protecting the kingdom." Cadence got up from sitting on her throne and walked past Charming Thunder.

"My mother talked you into this did she?"

"Yes, she did. Now please follow me." Charming Thunder then followed Cadence outside and towards the location of the Crystal Heart. She then magically made a duel disk appear on her arm and placed her deck into the slot. Charming thunder was shocked to see what is going on. He then did the same thing and readied himself for anything. "Shall we begin?"

"Duel!"

Charming Thunder: LP 4000. Princess Cadence: LP 4000

"I will go first," Cadence said. "Draw! I discard a card from my hand to special summon Quickdraw Synchron in defense mode." A lone shady metal cowboy with a gun in his hand appeared. [DEF 1400. LV 5] "Now since I have him on the field, he is treated as any kind of Synchron tuner monster. I then activate the effect of Quillbolt Hedgehog in my graveyard. Since I control a tuner monster, I can special summon it from the graveyard. Come on out, little guy!" A little orange hedgehog appeared next to the cowboy. "I then tune my Quickdraw Synchron and my Quilbolt Hedgehog to Synchro Summon! The spirits merge to form the arrow that pierces the sky! Synchro Summon! Ready your bow, Junk Archer!" An orange warrior with a bow appeared. [ATK 2300. LV 7]

"A Synchro Summon in one turn?" Charming Thunder asked.

"I then end my turn. Make your first move, bro."

"You haven't changed one bit, sis. My turn! Draw! I summon Maiden with Eyes of Blue." A young maiden with blue eyes appeared. [ATK 0. LV 1] "I then set a card and end my turn."

"My turn! Draw! I activate the effect of Junk Archer. I select one monster on your side of the field and banish it until the End Phase of my turn."

"I also activate the effect of my Maiden with Eyes of Blue. Since she is targeted by an effect, I can special summon a Blue-Eyes White Dragon to the field from my deck." A portal opened and a white dragon flew out of it with a roar. [ATK 3000. LV 8] The warrior still fires an arrow and makes the young maiden disappear in an instant.

"Aww drat. I end my turn with two face downs." The maiden reappears next to the dragon

"My turn! Draw! Blue-Eyes, lay waste to your enemy! Attack Junk Archer with White Lightning!"

"Not so fast! I activate my face down; Scrap-Iron Scarecrow! It negates your attack and goes back down." A scarecrow appeared and the dragon's attack hits it instead of the warrior.

"Clever girl. I then tune my Maiden with Eyes of Blue and my Blue-Eyes White Dragon to Synchro summon. Avatar of the ancients! Let their rage power this new form! With your first breath and last hope, take flight and roar to the heavens! Synchro Summon! Azure Eyes Silver Dragon!" A silver with azure colored eyes roared at its opponent and appeared on the field. [DEF 3000. LV 9] "Now since it was special summoned, neither of us can target Dragon type monsters I control with card effects and cannot be destroyed by card effects until the end of the next turn. I then end my turn with a face down."

"My turn! Draw!" Cadence then looked at the card she drew and then at Charming Thunder. "I was never honest with you, brother." A mark began to glow on her arm as Charming Thunder barely covered his eyes.

"What is this?"

"I summon Unknown Synchron!" An orb with a red eye appeared. [ATK 0. LV 1] "I then tune it and my Junk Archer to Synchro summon something special for you. The hopes of the world coalesce into a single star! Synchro Summon! Take flight, Stardust Dragon!" A lone white dragon flew out of a portal and roared as tiny stars sparkled. [ATK 2500. LV 8] "I end my turn."

"Just like that, huh? My turn! Draw! I activate my face down; Dragon's Rage. If you have monsters with defense points less than my dragon type monsters, you take battle damage as well as long as this is face up. I then set a card and end my turn."

"Impressive, but not enough. My turn! Draw! I activate my face down card; Shooting Star! Since I control a Stardust monster, I can target one card on the field and destroy it. Say goodbye to your Azure-Eyes."

"What?" The dragon spreads its wings and flapped a gust of stars towards the azure dragon and destroys it.

"Now, Stardust Dragon! Attack! Cosmic Flare!" The dragon fires some cosmic breath at Charming Thunder.

"I activate my face down; Defense Draw. I take no battle damage and draw a card instead." Charming Thunder draws a card from his deck.

"Very well. I end my turn."

"My turn! Draw! I summon Alexandrite Dragon." A dragon made of jewels roars and appears on the field. [ATK 2000. LV 4] "I then activate Lightning Vortex. By discarding a card in my hand, I destroy all monsters on your side of the field."

"I was hoping you would pull that trick. I activate the effect of Stardust Dragon. By tributing it, I can negate the card that destroys cards on the field." The dragon vanished as Charming Thunder's card was negated.

"Nice, but not enough for what is coming."

"What?"

"I activate Monster Reborn to bring back a monster from the graveyard. And I choose the card I discarded; Tune Warrior." A red warrior with antennas on its head appeared. [ATK 1600. LV 3] "I then tune my warrior and dragon for something special. The ruler's shouts echo throughout! Hammer of victory, shatter the very earth! Synchro Summon! Flap your wings, Exploder Dragonwing!" The ground began to crack and then explode when a dragon flew out with a roar. [ATK 2400. LV 7] "Now, my dragon. While there is an opening, attack!" The dragon charged its breath and blew fire out of its mouth.

"You forget about my face down; Scrap-Iron Scarecrow!" A scarecrow appeared and the fire blast hits the scarecrow.

"Damn. I forgot about that! I will activate an equip spell then; Dragon's Treasure. I equip it on my dragon and it gains 300 attack and defense points." [ATK 2700. DEF 1900] "I will end my turn."

"Since you ended your turn, I activate the effect of Stardust Dragon from my graveyard. I special summon it back to the field since I used its effect earlier." The dragon magically appears in front of Cadence. "My turn now! Draw! I set a card to end my turn."

"Just like that? My turn! Draw! I summon Kaibaman." A human male with a dragon helmet appeared. "I then use his ability to tribute him and special summon a Blue-Eyes from my hand." A white dragon flew down from the sky and roared at Cadence's dragon. "I then activate a spell from my hand; Mystical Space Typhoon. And I choose your Scrap-Iron Scarecrow that is face down."

"You forget about the effect of my Stardust. I tribute it and negate that card." The dragon vanishes and negates Charming Thunder's card.

"Which leaves you defenseless for one attack! Blue-Eyes! White Lightning!" The white dragon charges up an attack and fires.

"My face down Scrap-Iron Scarecrow activates!" The dragon's attack hits the scarecrow in front of Cadence instead.

"Now, Exploder Dragonwing! Attack directly!" The volcano like dragon charges up its fire breath and fires at Cadence.

"Gah!" [Cadence: LP 4000 -> 1300]

"I then activate Monster Reincarnation. By discarding a card, I can select a monster in my graveyard and add it to my hand. And I choose my Kaibaman. I end my turn."

"Very clever getting me to tribute my Stardust, but it still comes back." The dragon appears in front of Cadence. "My turn! Draw! I end my turn with a facedown." The top of Charming Thunder's deck began to glow as he felt pain on his arm. A mark then appears on his arm. Cadence was shocked to see what was happening.

"It's my turn! Draw!" Charming Thunder smiled as he thought of a way to end this duel. "I summon Red Nova!" A tiny fairy with pinkish red wings appeared. [ATK 0. LV 1]

"A tuner monster?!"

"Oh yes! I tune my Exploder and Nova! The pulse of the ruler roars through the heavens and earth! Synchro Summon! My friend's very soul! Red Dragon Archfiend!" A black dragon flew out of the ground and roared at Cadence's dragon. [ATK 3000. LV 8] "Blue-Eyes, attack. White Lightning!"

"I activate Scrap-Iron Scarecrow and negate that attack." A scarecrow stopped the white dragon's attack one last time as Cadence knew that this duel was about to end.

"It's not enough! Red Dragon Archfiend, attack Stardust Dragon! Scorching Crimson Flare!" The black dragon's hand charged up for an attack and scratched the white dragon in its face. "I then activate Call of the Haunted to bring back my Exploder Dragonwing." A tombstone appeared and a dragon emerged from it. [ATK 2400. LV 7] "Now, end this duel, Exploder!" The dragon fired its breath at Cadence.

"AHHH!!!!" [Cadence: LP 1300 -> 0] Charming Thunder walked up to his sister and helped her up off the ground. "Perhaps an explanation is needed after all." Charming Thunder's arm was grabbed by Cadence and she began to explain everything to him. "This mark we bare is the Mark of the Dragon."

"Mark of the Dragon?"

"Yes. You were tested to prove yourself to bare it. There are six marks. The other four who bare it are unknown to us. They could be anywhere around Equestria."

"It could be anyone in Equestria. Even my friends?"

"Your friends have a destiny of their own; to face the six Umbrums around Equestria and find Rabia. When that time comes, you must face their leader."

"Me? But why hold this information from me?"

"I had to be sure if you were ready." Charming Thunder looked down towards the ground then looked at the Crystal Heart.

"So I have been destined to save the world after all." Charming Thunder took a step closer to look at his reflection on the Crystal Heart. He then nodded and turned to face his sister. "Count me in."