• Published 8th Feb 2018
  • 614 Views, 6 Comments

The Day of Love - Rose Quill

  • ...
1
 6
 614

Bonus

She just sat there, head against her locker.

Another year with no card, no flowers, not even a cheap candy bar from the vending machine. She’d even accept gum at this point.

Not that she needed such a sentimental bit of nonsense. She was just fine without it, as she had been last year. And the year before. And the one before that.

She considered for a moment that maybe she really did want it. She sighed and opened her locker and was shocked to find inside, hanging from a string that had been slipped into the slot at the top, a card.

She took the red envelope into her hands and looked at the front. It merely had her name, written in what was clearly a feminine hand.

Carefully, she opened the envelope. She had been victim to a glitterbomb once before and was not going to look like that again, valentine or no valentine.

But no burst of glitter belched forth, just a simple card. It bore no image, no words save the handwritten note within, in the same hand.

I heard that you don’t get these at this time of year, and I thought that I should fix that. Especially with what you did recently. I’ve been there.

No one should spend Valentine’s Day alone. Why don’t you come and join us tonight?

S

Trixie blinked back a tear or two, turning to lean against the locker as she reread the words.

Her first card, given freely, without the teacher making you include everyone in the class.

“So, what do you say? You in?” asked a voice from in front of her.

She looked up to find Sunset Shimmer leaning against a doorway, a soft smile on her face. Behind her were the six friends you always found her with, along with two other faces. The one with the green hair waved nervously while the other adjusted a pigtail with a soft smile.

Standing, she smiled.

“I suppose I can take a night off from practicing my tricks.”

Comments ( 2 )

11445081
Please stop pointing out typos in the comments. I have mentioned several times that I would prefer a DM instead of clogging the comments section with lengthy quotes and comments on my bad grammar and/or typos

11445367
Sorry, just wanted to help.

Login or register to comment