• Published 29th Jan 2018
  • 1,490 Views, 33 Comments

Spike the Squid Kid - Darth Severus



Spike always loved playing video games. His favorite was the game Splatoon and its sequel. One night before bed, he saw a shooting star while he was playing. He made a wish on the star. That was the day his life changed forever.

  • ...
11
 33
 1,490

Back to School: Part 1 (Homeroom & 1st Period)

It was Spike's first day at his new school in the Splatoon world, which didn't exist in the games, but there were a lot of things that weren't in the game that existed in this world. As he and his friends arrived, they saw Spike's sister in-law Cadence, who greeted them, "Spike, good to see you and your friends. Head over to the auditorium for your orientation, and then report to your homeroom."

Spike nodded, "Nice to see you too Cadence." before walking towards the auditorium with his friends. He had a feeling Celestia would be the principal, just like at his school before he made his wish.

As the last students arrived for orientation, Celestia walked up the stairs to the stage and stood at the podium, "Welcome to Barry Cuda Junior High everyone. My name is Principal Celestia. For those of you who are new to Inkopolis Square, you are attending the most prestigious school in the world. While you are here, you will be learning the basic subjects you learned while in grade school, as well as more complex tactics you can use in Ink Battles."

After orientation was over, Spike grabbed his schedule and saw that his homeroom was with Ms. Cherilee, and headed over to her classroom. When he saw Ember there too, he sat down next to her. Cherilee cleared her throat and said, "Now, at the beginning of the day, you are to report to your homeroom, this classroom, so I may take attendance. If you are not present at homeroom, we will first call your parents to see if you are home sick, and after that we will inform security at Deca Tower that you are not in class or home sick. Now, role call."

Spike addressed his homeroom teacher when she called his name, "Present."

Cherilee called out a phony name, "Anita Bath?"

At first, she didn't realize it was a prank, until a student called out, "You sure do!" and the class laughed.

Cherilee whistled sharply, hurting the students ears with the high pitch whistle, before walking to the back to see the student who called out. Spike noticed the student was Garble, who back in his world, was a year ahead of him. "Figures he's just as big a jerk here as he is at home."

Cherilee sternly told Garble, "Garble, the only reason you are in my homeroom is because you were held back a grade for poor behavior. If you keep this up, I will make sure you are held back again. This is your final warning, and you will be serving detention by cleaning the bathrooms for the rest of the week."

The other students chuckled, including Spike, amused by the fact that Garble had been held back a year. When Cherilee said he would be cleaning the bathrooms for the rest of the week, Spike thought to himself, "Maybe I should bring one of those spicy shrimp burritos mom bought for lunch this week."

After homeroom, the bell rang for first period, and Spike got up from his seat and looked at his schedule, seeing that his first class was Weapon Modding 101. "Weapon Modding? This should be interesting." before heading to the second floor for his first class.

As he arrived at his class, his teacher introduced herself to the class, "Good morning class. My name is Chocolate Harmony, and I'm you Weapon Modding teacher. Now, how many of you are familiar with Weapon Mods?" When none of the students raised their hand, she sighed, "Disappointing, but not surprising. We've got the school arena booked for class, so let's get going. Single file line please."

As they walked to the arena, Spike wondered, "I wonder what a weapon mod is... it sounds interesting."

When the class arrived at the arena, Chocolate Harmony asked, "I will need two volunteers who aren't afraid of being splatted. The respawn point is set up, so, who's ready?"

Spike quickly raised his hand and was chosen as the first volunteer, and the second volunteer was a girl he'd seen at school in the real world, Lyra.

When the two of them stepped up from the line the class was still in, Chocolate Harmony went and got two Splattershots and told them, "One of these Splattershots has a special mod in it. You two will have a one on one battle with these until the mod activates. Take your pick." before the two students picked up one of the Splattershots.

As the class backed away, Spike and Lyra started trying to Splat each other. Soon enough, Spike got behind Lyra and splatted her. "Woo-hoo! I- wait... what the-!?" before Lyra's Splattershot started beeping and quickly exploded in a burst of ink, not enough to splat Spike, but it still caught him off guard.

Chocolate Harmony smiled, "Very good you two." before addressing the rest of the class, "As you saw, Lyra's Splattershot had the Self Destruct Mod added to it. The Self Destruct Mod causes your weapon to self destruct when you've been splatted. If somebody on the opposite team is too close to the explosion, they will also be splatted. Now, on the first day of school, I always give students three different mods of their choice, so please form a line and come up to obtain your mods."

As the line moved, Spike decided to get a Self Destruct Mod, a Stealth Fighter Mod, and an Ink Saver Mod. "Thank you Ms. Harmony." before leaving the line.

As the bell rang, Spike looked at his schedule and saw his next class was history, which was the one subject he hated back home. He sighed and started heading to his next class.

Comments ( 7 )

Question, does bringing back this story may or may not have something to do to the fact that Nintendo released a trailer for Sploon 3? :twilightsmile:

10697575
Another question, will this story reach to the octo expansion arc up to final splatfest?

10698433
The Octo Expansion, no, but there are Octolings, Starlight is one. As for the final Splatfest, IDK yet, the ending will line up with the ending of Splatoon 2's hero Mode

Login or register to comment