• Published 9th Oct 2018
  • 1,281 Views, 34 Comments

My Little Mage: The Play of Shadows - Foxhelm



An old journal, an enthusiastic Twilight, a millennia old riddle, what could possibly go wrong... A My Little Mages AU retelling of Shadow Play

  • ...
4
 34
 1,281

Crashes’ Chaotic Chase

Author's Note:

Happy Nightmare Night Everypony, here's a treat from me.

Flash Sentry had gotten back to his barracks quarters, after hearing all about the Nightstalker and meeting his namesake. He looked down at his leg, surprised that it was healed so fast, “Never underestimate Dr. Red Heart.” he said to himself. He then got a knock on the door.

“Mail call, sir.” a soldier said as he handed Flash a letter. On the return address was Rainbow Dash’s PO Box for her cloud house. Flash took the letter and opened. The note was short but far from sweet.

‘Dear Crash,
You are a boot.
Sincerely,
Crash”

At the same time, Rainbow has found a similar letter from Flash Sentry in her PO Box.

At the same time, both squeezed and crumbled the note in their left hands and shouted, “CRASH!” in ire. Within minutes the two were standing opposites of each other on Magiville’s main street, each ‘s hand looking as if it was to draw their weapon. The two stepped towards each over and everyone and everything was silent, save Vinyl Scratch who put on a vinyl record that played a tune that made the scene scream an Appelsossian or Dodge Junction set spaghetti western. The two walked to be about an arms’ length from each other. “HOW COULD YOU?! I thought we were starting to respect each other!” the two shouted at each other, there was a pause. “What did I do?!” the asked each other simultaneously. “Stop that!” There was a minute of silence. “You called me a boot!” they accused each other. They paused as they were confused about what the other was accusing them of. “What?” they asked. “Stop that!” the both said tired of the echo.

Flash raised his hand which was him asking Rainbow to let him go first, Rainbow reluctantly agreed with a frowning pouting nod. “Why would I call you a boot? And didn't you write this note?” he asked as he showed Rainbow the note that he received.

Rainbow took the note and read it to herself, “No, I didn’t write this. Didn't YOU write THIS note?” as she showed the note she received.

Flash took the note and read it to himself, “No.” he answered as Vinyl stopped playing the record avoiding scratching it. As everything was just silent and slowly about to go about their normal business. “But if you didn't write my note and I didn't write yours, then who…” Flash asked, his question trailing off.

Rainbow’s eyes then widen as she made the realization, “DISCORD!” she shouted as she drew her bow.

If the lord of the Chaos was more orderly his laughter would not have betrayed his hiding spot in the bushes to Rainbow’s ears. Rainbow turned and saw the avatar’s tail and silently pointed it out to Flash. Flash then drew his sword with a nod. “We are SO wasting him, aren't we?” he whispered.

“10 for the stomach. 50 for the head.” Rainbow whispered in turn as she made an arrow a prepared to fire.

At that second Discord emerged from the bush and saw blood in the eyes of the two Crashes. “Well look at the moon, I’m late for tea with Fluttershy.” the chaos master said before he bolted, only for Flash and Rainbow to be in pursuit, the ‘Yakety-Sax’ being heard, as Pinkie was following the group playing the song on her new yovidaphone.

This went on for about thirty seconds, as they were all just in front of Fluttershy’s cottage before Flash turned and saw Pinkie following him and Rainbow, playing the ‘Yakety-Sax’ on her yovisaphone. “HOLD IT!” he shouted. Everyone then froze in place and Pinkie stopped playing the ‘Yakety-Sax’. Flash turned his focus to Pinkie and Rainbow, “Why is Pinkie following us with a yovidaphone?” he asked not beating around the bush.

“Why wouldn't I be following you with a yovidaphone?” Pinkie countered utterly confused as to why someone wouldn’t do what she was doing.

“It's Pinkie Pie. Don't question it.” Rainbow informed Flash after she facepalmed herself.

“Shall we continue with our chase scene?” Discord asked only for Pinkie to start to play the Yakety-Sax again as evil grins formed on Rainbow’s and Flash’s faces. As the situation dawn on him, “I just had to remind them?” he asked no before he ran to the cottage door only for it to be locked, “FLUTTERSHY! HELP ME!” he cried as he pounded on the door.

Fluttershy, Rarity and Applejack looked out from the cottage window.“Sorry Discord, but you need to learn to let sleeping dogs lie, especially the dogs of war.” the three then left the window, “One lump of sugar or two, Rarity?” Fluttershy asked.

“No lumps today, a girl has to keep an eye on her figure.”

“Applejack?”

“Sorry, but Ah need something with a little more kick, yah got any coffee?”

Outside Discord gave a nervous chuckle before he bolted renewing the chase. As Discord continued to run from Flash and Rainbow narrowly dodge Flash’s Requiem Blaster bolts and Rainbow’s arrow, it was observed in front of the Castle of Friendship by Twilight, Starlight, Sunburst, and Spike. Pinkie playing ‘Yakety-Sax’ on her yovidaphone all the while. Starlight, Twilight, and Spike shrugged their shoulders as Sunburst was stupefied and horrified. “Shouldn't we be concerned?” the wizard asked.

Spike opened up his comic book, “Nah, Discord does something like this every other week or so. You should have seen that time he rearranged all the books in the castle library.” The dragon chuckled at that fallout.

Twilight glared at Spike for a second but then returned her attention to the chase scene played in front of them, “The yovidaphone is new though.”

Comments ( 4 )

I have to say, this is a rather amusing short epilogue scene. :-D The humor and characterizations were quite well done.

Oooh! I can't believe I missed this. :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh: The scene at Fluttershy's cottage totally added to the humor.

Login or register to comment