• Published 12th Sep 2017
  • 6,118 Views, 203 Comments

CYOA: Bronytale - Amereep



An interactive story influenced by 'Undertale'. You're human and appear in Equestria for 24 hours. You can make friends if you wish, but you'll be stuck in Equestria and start becoming a pony if you do.

  • ...
13
 203
 6,118

PreviousChapters Next
---

You accept her friendship.

*Snap*

You hear a strange sound and look around to find where it came from.

"What's wrong?"

You turn around, but you still can't find what made that sound.

"When did you get that?"

Twilight points at your rear-end and you look down to see a long bushy tail of pony's attached at the lower part of you spine.

You realize you just agree to Twilight about being friends with her. Your blood suddenly turns cold at the permanent fate you have with this world and start panicking because of it.

"Hey, hey, what wrong?" she tries calming you down by stroking you with soothing voice.

You settle your nerves by taking deep breaths.

You tell her about being stuck in this world from accepting her friendship and how it's going to turn yourself into a pony.

"That's a silly thought for you to think of. Somepony is probably just pulling a prank on you."

You inform her it wasn't your thinking, but the words of a mushroom.

"A mushroom told you?" she thinks for a moment, ".........something about this smells fishy."

"Why don't you go see Princess Celestia," the mare pats you with a confident look on her face, "She'll help get you back home and to your normal self again. You can trust her."

This seems like the only choice you've got now. You must see her if you want to get back home in one piece.

"She lives in Canterlot Castle, the city up on the side of the mountain. You'll have no problem finding it."

"Go on," she gently pushes you out the door, "you can make it by sundown if you get going now."

You start heading for the front door of this structure.

"I hope you'll make it back home." she encourages you and you feel determined that you will.

You open the doors and take in the fresh air. Looking around, you see ponies of various types walking around. Mares, stallions, pegasi, unicorns, fillies, and the average ponies your most common with.

You begin to notice that a lot of them are starting to stare at you. Your appearance must be new to them and a lot more are looking and talking amongst themselves. You decide that its probably best to go to a less populated area for the remainder of your time here in this world and head out into the fields; looking up at the mountain with the castle as your next destination.


You walk beside a white fence that spreads for acres in this open field you're in. Your new tail swishes to your pacing, it acts almost naturally for you.

You look up at the sun, it's getting to the point where the sun will be at its highest.

You grab you stomach as it starts to growl. You've been travelling around this world and you haven't had anything to eat since you got here.

Your options are limited. You don't really have any form of currency on you, none that these ponies use at least. There must be something you could forage around here.

"I told you that we'd meet again, human."

That voice, you recognize it.

"Down near the post."

Looking down, you see Mooshy staring at you with those red iris eyes.

"Oh, look at that. You've gone and grown a tail since we last met."

"It would appear that you accidentally gained a friend around here, such a shame for you."

You tell the fungus that you still plan on getting back with the help of Celestia.

"I would't bother trying if I were you. Celestia is a princess, royalty, upper-class. She wouldn't have time to help. Besides, if she could help, then she would've helped all of those other humans that are now ponies."

Doubt about this journey starts to invade your mind.

"But maybe there's still a chance of returning. You're not a complete pony yet, so perhaps you can get lucky and still return home when your time is up. Just make sure you don't make anymore friends for the remainder of your time here."

That's another possible solution, but are you willing to go on an assumption?

"Until next time, human." Mooshy disappears into the dirt after his goodbye.

You hear a growl from your belly and return searching for some food.

You spot something dangling on the other side of the fence; a juicy red orb dangling from a tree branch. It was an apple tree, a whole bunch of them actually and all filled with tasty apples.

It's in eye sight and the white wooden barricade blocks you from reaching it. Getting over it would be no problem, but the fact that it's here gives the impression that the trees are on private property.

You tap your fingers on the structure and look about. You're not seeing anyone or pony that seem to be a concern, just a group of fillies carrying a picnic basket. They're galloping towards a mountain that's out of the vicinity, so you could probably get an apple or two without alerting the owners; they wouldn't notice if a few apples were gone.

You hop over the fence and head towards one of the trees. You see the apples looming overhead; they're to high for you to grab down here, so you jump on the trunk and start climbing up it.

Targeting the apple of your choice, you stretch out to get it, but fail.

You crawled on the branch to get closer and snatch it. You take a bite out of the juicy fruit and it refreshes you.

You take a few more bites, and hear something barking. Peering through the leaves, you see a brown and white collie chasing after some squirrels down below. They climb up the tree and the dog barks at them from the ground.

The canine suddenly loses interest and seems like it just picked up something with its nose. The dog sniffs the ground and gets closer. It sniffs the tree you're in and begins to bark at you. You try to shoo it away, but it only makes it go more wild.

"Winona? Winona?"

You hear the voice of a mare and see an orange pony wearing a brown country hat.

You hug your tail to keep it from swaying in the air.

She looks at her dog and up the tree, "Something up there, girl?"

The dog jumps at you and spins around.

You keep as calm and quite as you can possibly get. There's nothing to fear, she can't climb up here when she has hooves. As long as you stay up here she won't be any the wiser.

The tree suddenly vibrates. You look down and see the mare kicking her hind legs at the tree with a powerful force. She gives another blow at the tree and you flail your arms. You latch your hands on the branch to keep you from falling, but you drop the apple.

The fruit hits the ground and the mare picks it up. She sees your teeth marks and looks up sternly; responding with you digging your nails into the wood. She winds up a kick and sends a violent vibration through the tree.

You slip off the branch and go falling to the floor. You spin around and see a mare scowling down at you.

"So you have a hankering for mah apples, huh?"

You make a agitated laugh to her while Winona playfully tugs on your cloths.


You ram your shoulder into the apple tree and it hardly shakes.

"Come on," the orange mare, "put your back into it."

You do as she suggests and ram at it again. You bounce back in pain from the damage you inflicted upon yourself.

After an awkward conversation with the farmer, Applejack, you are forced to work on her farm by harvesting apples. You're having a hard time picking apples the pony way, but you have a long day ahead and climbing up every tree to pick all of the apples the human way will take forever. Applejack is doing her share, but she's been constantly consulting you on how to harvest them.

You rub your brushed side and Winona jumps on you, asking for attention. You try to shake her off, but she keeps trying to get you to play with her.

"You really have a way with dogs, don't ya partner." Applejack says to you. She then looks at her pet "Come here, girl. Come on."

Winona looks at her and runs at the orange mare.

The country mare chuckles and scratches the dog's ears "She's always been an affectionate thing since I first met her. Why I recall when I first brought her home and asked granny that I could keep her. She was reluctance at first, but she soon warmed up to her in no time flat. Isn't that right, you cute wittle puppy-wuppy." She baby talks her dog and start to give it belly rubs.

Winona's ears raised and she looks over to see a yellow filly caring a picnic basket in the distance. She barks and runs to her, with Applejack following after her.

You watch them approach her and a nervous expression appears on the filly's face. They start talking but you can't hear what they're saying.

You return to the apple tree and charge at it once more. You hardly even shook it.

You begin tapping your head on the bark.

"Come on, tell me!!!"

You hear Applejack yelling at the little filly.

"But I told ya 'that's what happened.'" said the yellow filly

"I know when yer lying, Apple Bloom. Why I bet they could even see that yer lying." she points right at you.

"Na-huh!" the little filly said, practically admitting she was. Perhaps you could teach her how to make a convincing lie?

"Alright. HEY PARTNER!"

You look to see the mare calling you over.

"I need yer help at settling something with mah sister. I know she's lying, but she says 'she ain't. Help me out here, then I'll cut your punishment short."

You agree full heartedly at that offer, anything but picking apples. You look at her sister and recall seeing her earlier. She was among the group of fillies you saw prior to crossing over that white fence. She looks worried and hugs her picnic basket.

She does look guilty of something. All you have to do is spot the contradiction.




Applejack seeks the truth

"Now tell 'em what you told me." said the older sister to the younger.

"I told Applejack that I've been hanging with my friends all noon."

"We decided to have a picnic."

"But Applejack thinks that I may have left the farm."

"I never stepped a hoof off it."

PreviousChapters Next