• Published 12th Sep 2017
  • 6,117 Views, 203 Comments

CYOA: Bronytale - Amereep



An interactive story influenced by 'Undertale'. You're human and appear in Equestria for 24 hours. You can make friends if you wish, but you'll be stuck in Equestria and start becoming a pony if you do.

  • ...
13
 203
 6,117

PreviousChapters Next
---

You gallop to the locket, but halfway, you suddenly stop. You look at Discord and see him struggling in pain.

You tell yourself that helping him is wrong.

You advise yourself that he wouldn't do the same for you.

You warn yourself that he's just going to take the locket away once freed.

You keep informing your heart all of this with every possible, reasonable, and logically reasoning you can think of.

But it refused.

Despite all the trouble he's put you through, you just can't stand seeing his suffering.

You instead run up to the chandelier and begin to try and push it off him.

"Why?" Discord says glancing over at you, "Why are you helping me? Why aren't you taking the locket?"

"I believe you already know the reason why, Discord." You look over to Celestia from hearing those words and she's giving a proud smile at the scene. "It's time to stop. You can't change them from who they are."

He growls with frustration and vanishes with the chandelier. A flash appears above and you see that the decorative ornament is safely attached to the ceiling. Another flash catches your eye and you look over to see Discord standing fine and intact as if he was never flattened by the lights that hang above you. You get the feeling that this was all planned by him so he could test you on something.

Discord glares at the Princess, "I can't tell what's more annoying; the human's lack of cooperation or the repugnant look you're giving."

Celestia just keeps that smile of hers on.

"You know..." he said with a huff, "I don't care anymore." He flies off to the corner of the room and a gigantic Mooshy appears for him to sit on and pout.

"It appears that I'm the one that's going to have to apologize on his behalf." spoke the alicorn princess, "In truth, this is partially my fault as well."

"I'm not sure what Discord told you, but humans are a bit of a myth in Equestria. We're aware that they walk on two legs, that they have fingers, and that they wear cloths; but many of the facts on how humans live was a mystery to us. We make up speculations on what your kind is like; do they have a leader, do they use magic, do they have a faith? Discord and I were talking the other day and we had a conversation similar to this at what your kinds true nature may be, but it ended on a sour note. We both had our interpretations and were both positive that we were right, but we didn't have any proof to back it up, so we left it be. Or so I thought..." she glances over to Discord, "Would you care to continue?"

He sighs, "I believed that you humans were bent on selfishness and indifference, so I made up a little game for you that could exploit it."

"I knew you would want to return home and considered that you might gain some friends here as well; that's where I could prove my point. I made certain that you would follow my expectations by stating you would be stuck here if you made a friends. The greed of wanting to go home would be shown from pushing away others that only wanted nothing more than to be pals; which would be a sign of apathy."

"I always did have in mind of sending you back when your day was up, but to keep safe, I threw in the idea that you'd turn into a pony as a form of punishment. Unfortunately, you decided to still obtain one and I had to discipline you, followed by a personal scolding afterwards."

"It was a foolproof plan, but once you got word that Celestia could help you, I improvised by saying that you could still go home with only having a tail, but you had to keep gaining friends. Why couldn't you just follow the rules?"

"They sound a lot like you, Discord." Celestia said chuckling which only made him grumble, "When I got Twilight's letter, I assumed that he was behind this and waited for your arrival. Even after all you've done, he still didn't believe that I was right. So, I just sat back and let nature take its course. In time, you eventually showed him that I was right about you humans all along."

"You're social by nature, sympathetic with others and forming bonds in which you would even sacrifice yourselves to keep others safe and happy."

"In simple terms, you're creatures of companionship and empathy. A true symbol of harmony in this land."

You reflect on the actions since you came here. The little activities that you've experienced with those ponies you've met helped form a bond between you and them. Your bond with them was so strong, that you've forgotten what your main goal was at times. Even if you did remember, you still chose to be friends with them rather than to just brush them away for the desire of going home.

Celestia looks over to the pouting creature in the corner, "You should feel flattered, Discord. They were more concerned for you than getting back home. I believe you may have unintentionally gained a friend."

"..............I guess my game wasn't a total bust." Discord said sounding a little optimistic then he did a moment ago.

"Well then, I think it's about time for me to start raising the sun."

"That also means 'it's about time that you return to your world' as well." Discord says looking at you.

"Discord, after everything that's happened, don't you think that our friend deserves something?"

He begins rubbing his chin, "......ah! I know what to give." Discord swings his tail around to show the golden heart locket.

*Snap*

At the sound of his fingers, the heart suddenly gained legs and starts running towards you, dragging the chain behind it.

"I fibbed earlier about this locket being able to send you home, but I want you to have it anyways for all the trouble I've caused."

The locket jumps and swings the chain around your head. The feet disappear and you admire the gold heart locket hanging around your neck.

"Actually, I was thinking of something more 'permanent'." Celestia suggested.

Discord looks at her puzzled, but got the idea after a few silent gestures. "I see," he had a bittersweet smile on you, "I believe she's giving you a choice on your final destination. Okay human....... no..... I mean pal, I'll turn you back to the way you originally looked. However, I'll give you a choice on whether you want to go back home or not."

You gave a surprised look at his offer.

"You can choose to go back to your world or you can stay here in Equestria." the Princess clarified for you.

This'll be the toughest decision you'll face since coming here.

This place has been great; you've gained friends, had a lot of fun, and had a great adventure coming to this point. You're going to miss it if you leave, but you also don't belong here. You're living a life at home and have things to get back to there. You're used to your world, staying here would be like being reborn as there's so many things that you'll need to learn in order to properly cope with being here. Food, shelter, currency are all going to be taken away from you, and that's not mentioning that you'll be living in a society that's structured around ponies. This world is not meant for humans at all.

.............................perhaps. ..............................perhaps, there's another choice.

GO HOME

STAY HERE

DON'T CHANGE A THING

PreviousChapters Next