• Published 8th Jul 2017
  • 5,034 Views, 21 Comments

Chaos Missionary - Protoform66



We all know the Displace fics right? Well I noticed a lack of Skull Kid in these and decided to change that! So basic rundown... he went to a convention and bought two masks from the Merchant and landed him in stone with Discord.

  • ...
8
 21
 5,034

Chapter 3: Mask Origins!!!

This involves plot from the Majora's Mask Manga, if you haven't read it, I would suggest you do. The Manga is so much more detailed than the games could be. I do not know which version would be correct, but I like the story I picked for the Mask's origin :3 Enjoy!

“And that’s how Earth came to be.” I said finally finishing as much as Earth history could remember, minus the blood and gore, but kept the battles still alive.

“Fascinating, and everything is done without magic?” Twilight asks with about 50 or so parchments of notes.

“Yeah and a lot of things here relate to myths in my world, like manticores and hydras.”

Most of the group fell asleep, minus Pinkie who was eating popcorn while listening to my knowledge.

“And there’s an entire city that parties all night?!” Pinkie shouts.

“Yep the most exciting things happen after dark, and the music starts blaring.”

Pinkie had stars in her eyes, thinking how much party planning goes into this, and how much cake has to be made for an entire city. Then she started to think ‘What would Pinkie do… Oh wait that’s me!’

She then looked at the bag I carried. She grinned thinking it would be fun to see what neat stuff the Imp had. She looked in and saw a rainbow colored mask. She cringed at how scary it looked.

“Pinkie don’t touch that!”

This startles her and promptly awakens the group that sets of a chain reaction of squawks and growls from the animals inside the cabin.

“What the buck dude?!” a very pissed cyan pony shouts.

“My mane! My glorious mane!”

“Oh boy.”

“Everypony stop!”

Everyone including the animals froze as they se Fluttershy with an annoyed look. She then looked at me and I froze.

“You better have an explanation for scaring everypony.”

“Yeah that mask is cursed!”

Twilight gasps as she attempts to see the mask. I grab it and seal the bag.

“No one can touch it!”

“What’s so special about a weird mask?” Pinkie asks.

“Anything that comes across this mask will gain power beyond their imagination. But at the cost of one’s sanity.”

“So why do you have such a dangerous item?! The Princesses should have it!”

“They have no idea what this thing can do!

“Hold on there bub, what’s its story?” Rainbow asks.

“That’s… That’s a bit difficult to explain.”

GROAN

“It’s short!”

True the Mask was never explained of its origins or how it came to be. Ranging from being used in hexing tribes, to a demon sealed catalyst, or made from the armor of an ancient beast. I decided to tell the most interesting one of the ancient beast.

“I’ll tell you the version that makes more sense *ahem*.”

“A long time ago… The creature the Mask holds was originally a giant dragon-like creature who guarded an empty, timeless land -- a land neither living nor dead. The armor this dragon wore was highly sought after, as it was fabled to be capable of granting wishes and bestowing great power unto its owner.”

“Wow! That sounds awesome!”

“Does it sound awesome that he devoured anything that came after him?”

“Not so much.”

“Rainbow Dash. Continue Skully.”

“Thank you. Many brave and foolish warriors came to the land hoping to claim the armor for their own purposes, both good and evil, but Majora devoured them, mares and stallions alike.”

“Oh… Oh dear…”

“One day, an unnamed traveler comes to converse with Majora, rather than to claim his armor. In their dialog, this stranger sympathizes with Majora, pointing out his loneliness. Majora considers the traveler's analysis and using the desires of the devoured, develops a wish of his own; for time to pass, that he may rest at last and end his loneliness.”

“So even after devouring everything he wants to stop?”

“Imagine you were him. Living in a timeless world, with a precious treasure others want. No friends, family, or anyone else but yourself to talk to. And with no time, you never age, and you lose how long this has gone on for and just wish for it to end.”

Their ears go flat as they hear that. To them it sounded like how Luna was being imprisoned on the moon for a 1,000 years.

“The traveler then takes a drum from his bag and begins to play, telling Majora to dance. Majora then beings to dance furiously for three days and nights, and as he dances, time is born. On the fourth day, the dragon dies, as do all creatures for whom time passes, leaving behind only his armor, and the neither-dead-nor-living land is destroyed. The man then carves a mask from the creature's magic armor into what came to be known as Majora's Mask, hoping to seal its power forever.”

The girls then look over at the pack and then Skull Kid.

“This Mask, is the embodiment of the power that beast carried. It only knows how to cause destruction and mischief that would make Discord flinch in terror. His magic is chaotic but what this can do would mean the End of everything.”

“So how bad is that brutish mask’s powers?”

“Imagine the moon crashing towards the Earth in a matter of days. Just like the legend, the Mask will cause the end of the world in three days, unless someone can stop the wearer.”

“But why have such a dark item!?” Twilight shouts.

“Because I’m the only one that knows what it does. It’s happened once before. I don’t trust anypony to keep this away from prying eyes.

The mares gulp at the thought. A Mask with such power couldn’t be left alone by any being, especially if it’s that dangerous.

“Why did you put on such a mask?”

I decided to tell the story of how I met this Mask and almost destroyed everything. Technically it wasn’t lying but I’m Skull Kid now, the name I once had was lost.

“I was in despair, I thought I was abandoned by my only friends, The Four Giants, and was ridiculed for being an imp. No one wanted to associate themselves with me, so I caused trouble to get them to come back, but they threatened me when they reappeared. I then met two lost fairies that became my only friends. We played tricks on the locals, but I still wanted them to pay. I lost it and came upon a Mask Salesman. He had a wide collection of masks, this one spoke to me on getting revenge.”

I went on that is only for jokes, but it got out of hand as it used me like a puppet to only end the world. A young hero, like the lone traveler, was able to defeat the entity and drain its magic away. Through the power of using magic, he traveled through time, to stop the bad events he learned, or to treat the current ones. In the end the hero became my new friend and became friends with The Giants again. I never saw him again after that, he said he had to find an old friend from his previous adventures and went on to travel as far as he could go.

He mares were tearing up.

“Being a monster doesn’t ease the pain. It only increases it.” Twilight says, remembering Nightmare Moon.

“Yeah, but even now this Mask is still creepy on its own, so just to be safe, I keep it away from prying eyes that would want to use it for other purposes.”

“Enough with the scary tales! Let’s get you to Sugarcube Corner for a treat!” Pinkie shouts, hopping around.

“Yeah!” The group shouts before they head out.

Comments ( 18 )

Overused, almost generic plot point to toss a character into Equestria? Check.

Yup. This seems like a displaced fix, just off of that.

Can't wait for more!

it's good to know my story isn't the only one who uses a Zelda character.

so he doesnt have on majoras mask

8606675
No it's just the Skull Mask for show

8606950
He won't be anything if there isn't more to the story. :p

Please update... Please ;-;

That was unfortunately short.

Nobody can have the mask. NOBODY! Not even...Squidward's house!

(Thouse were the days.)

Skull Kid, nice! Free like.

So... you ever gonna update or am I gonna be met by dissapointment?
EDIT: Dissapointment it is.

Aww man you beat me too it lol I've had the first two chapters of a skull kid displaced ready for years, I just forgot about them.

make more please

Even I want more

May you please make more chapters?

Upgrade story please

Login or register to comment