• Published 11th Jul 2012
  • 2,786 Views, 97 Comments

Cardcaptor Twilight - Yukito

  • ...
7
 97
 2,786

End of the Hunt

Trixie looked around at the familiar garden she was in. It had been a while since she had last visited this place… The shop that grants wishes, if you can pay the correct price. It was at this shop that Trixie Lulamoon had purchased a magical manepin that would make ponies love her shows… and her price, was to set out on a journey to capture the Clow Cards.

As Trixie walked through the garden, she admired the beautiful cherry blossoms in bloom around her. It was the wrong time of year, but then, this shop may not have even existed inside her world at all.

“Good afternoon,” said the young boy sitting outside the shop. He wasn’t wearing the same black clothes he always wore. Instead, he wore a loose-fitting kimono, that made him seem the exact opposite of his neat and tidy appearance from before. He held in his hand the same pipe that Yuko used the last time Trixie had visited.

Great,’ Trixie thought to herself, ‘Another smoker…

“Trixie, it’s good to see you again,” Watanuki said, picking up a cup of tea beside him and bringing it to his lips.

“Sorry, but Trixie hasn’t stopped by to chat.” Trixie looked around, trying to find the shop’s owner. “Where’s Yuko?”

“… She’s… not here,” Watanuki said, lowering his cup and bringing his pipe to his mouth.

“She’s out?” Trixie asked, but received no answer. “Well, whatever. Trixie simply came to return the key that Yuko gave her, since the hunt is over.” Trixie used her magic to pull the key out of her cape, and tilted her head as she looked at it. “How odd. It looks duller than it did before. Oh, and here’s the compass, too.” Trixie used her magic to pull her compass out of her cape, and placed it down gently by Watanuki.

Watanuki put down his pipe, and reached his hand forward, taking hold of the key and bringing it towards himself. “The key powered by dimensions… By Yuko’s magic… Thank you. Oh? You’re not wearing that manepin that Yuko gave you…”

Trixie shifted about uncomfortably. “Well… as it turns out, Trixie won’t be needing it after all.”

“Is that so?” Watanuki asked. “I’m sorry we couldn’t help you, even after you went through so much trouble.”

“Trixie didn’t say you didn’t help her,” Trixie responded, a slight blush crossing her face. “Trixie… found something better, that’s all.”

“Oh? What did you find?”

“… Ponies that she can turn to… Ponies that she can trust… That’s what Trixie found.”

“Companions, then,” Watanuki summarised.

“Friends, yes,” Trixie confirmed. “It’s strange. Compared to what they think, the opinions of the rest of the Country seem so… insignificant.”

“I’m happy for you,” Watanuki said with a smile. “Say, would you like to stay and drink for a bit? It’s early, but I have a good bottle of saké in the kitchen.”

Trixie shook her head. “No thanks. Trixie only came by to drop off the key and the compass, she has no intention of dragging this out.”

“Suit yourself. But, you never know when a meeting with someone, will be your last…” Watanuki brought his pipe back up to his lips, and released a puff of smoke. “You should cherish each and every moment while you still can, so that you have no regrets later.”

Trixie considered that for a moment, and then looked up at the sky above her. “… Oh, what the hay. Twilight will just have to wait a little longer. And besides, Trixie could use a drink right now.”

“That’s the spirit,” Watanuki said as he rose to his feet. “Mokona’s asleep, so I’ll have to fetch it myself. Could you wait here for a moment?”

“Sure…” Trixie watched as Watanuki left, and then looked down at the pipe that he had left behind. Yuko’s pipe. She looked around the store for a bit, and noticed that it was rather quiet. There was no sign of those twins anywhere. Or of the mysterious shopkeeper who had set her on her quest in the first place. “… Sorry for your loss,” Trixie muttered as she took a seat on the ledge, beside Yuko’s pipe.


Twilight closed her book and placed it on the pile to her left. Without skipping a beat, she pulled the next book out from the large pile to her right, opened it up, and started to read. “Finally,” she said quietly to herself. “Finally, I can catch up on all the reading I missed out on.”

“If that’s how ya felt, ya shoulda just let Trishie have the Clow Cardsh!”

Twilight raised an eyebrow, and turned around to find Trixie standing behind her, grinning as she shook side-to-side on the spot. “Trixie! Where have you been?!”

“Sssshut up, mum! Trishie can go out ash late ashe wantsh!”

Twilight covered her nose as a horrid smell came from Trixie’s breath. “Are you… drunk?!”

“No! Your drunk is face! Er, I mean, your drunk is… drunk… Yesh…” Trixie hiccupped, and then giggled as she sat down in front of Twilight. “By the way, your town is shtupid! You poniesh don’t lock yer windows or doors, it wash sho easy to get in here!”

“It’s evening,” Twilight pointed out. “The library’s still open. And it’s warm out today, so I had my windows open because the air conditioner doesn’t work.”

“Fool!” Trixie shouted. “Thish ish why Trishie shoulda been made mashter of the Clow Cardsh! What’s with you gettin’ a second chance, anyways?”

Twilight groaned, and put a hoof to her face. “Trixie, please… I wasn’t trying to upstage you or anything, I just-”

“What’sh for dinner?” Trixie asked, cutting Twilight off. “Trishie thinksh we should have shomethin’ special. Ooh! Let’s go get kebabsh!”

“… What’s a kebab?”

Trixie shrugged. “Trishie doesh not know, but she suddenly wantsh one.” Trixie fell down onto the table beside her. “Twilight, you’re upshide down. Stop it, Twilight. Twilight. Stop.”

Twilight had no idea what to think at this point. She got up and approached Trixie, then sat down in front of her. “Trixie, be honest with me. Are you upset, because I became the master of the Clow Cards, and you didn’t?”

Trixie suddenly started laughing, catching Twilight completely off guard. “Are you an imbecile, Twilight Shparkle?! Of courshe Trishie is a lil’ annoyed, but you’re her friend now! That meansh that Trishie ish happy for you, and wantsh ta celebrate an’ all that crap!”

Trixie jumped up and pulled Twilight into a great and powerful hug. Twilight squirmed a little bit, but Trixie’s grip was strong. “Then, why did you go out and get wasted?”

“Trishie wash jush havin’ shome fun with a friend! She wash jush gonna have one, she swears, but damn that wash good shaké!”

Twilight was relieved to hear that Trixie wasn’t upset or angry with her, but she still felt uncomfortable being so close to the drunk showmare. “So, we’re still good, then?”

“Absholutely! Now, give Trishie a kish!”

“What?!” Twilight’s face turned bright red, and she put even more effort into trying to break out of Trixie’s hold as the showmare started to bring her face closer to her’s. “T-Trixie, wait! I-I’m not, I don’t, j-just hold on!” To her surprise, Trixie did stop… but only so that she could fall asleep and drop her head onto Twilight’s shoulder. Her loud snores filled the room, and Twilight took a moment to calm down. “Phew, that was close… I guess I’d better let her sleep it off, and then talk to her in the morning.”

Twilight tried to free herself from Trixie’s hold, but that only prompted the sleeping mare to squeeze even tighter around Twilight’s body, making escape utterly impossible. “… Oh, horseapples.”

Comments ( 10 )

Twilight, stop.

Hugs? Hugs. The second best way to end a fic, the first being kissing.

And since this fic is marked as complete, might as well tell you my whole feelings. This has got to be one of the best crossovers I've ever read! I don't read clamp, but you written it so well that I was still able to understand what was going on, so kudos to you :twilightsmile:. All in all I really liked this story, keep up the great work you magnificent bastard you!

An excellent end and crossover with CCS. :scootangel: Another wonderful tale by you, Yukito. :yay::moustache:

Well, sheet o' paper. At least Cardcaptor Sakura ended with the Ship Tease actually being resolved.

2520893

Li and Sakura are distant cousins.

Li might not be from Clow's direct line (never explored). But he does come from the eastern part of his family tree, that's for certain. So iunno, his ancestor in the line within clow's generation is clow reed's cousin [made up name here].

OOOOOr clow had children before sakura and toya. and made a line in Li's clan of which Li is a direct descendant of Clow too because he's head heir of the clan.

While sakura is a direct descendant (literally his daughter) because her father is clow himself.


regardless they are related by family.

2979742

My main dislike of this idea that clow A GODDAMN HUMAN BEING has a pony descendant is because...

fan logic=retard logic.

You don't have to directly connect key characters together for no good reason. Twilight can just merely be the next worthy successor to the clow cards.

Why? Sakura uses the power of the stars to empower the new clow cards and become the new master of the clow,

Twilight goddamn sparkle HAS A STAR THEME IN HER WHOLE CHARACTER CONCEPTION! STARS BEING A SIGN OF FATE AND DESTINY. THAT STARS SHINE SMALL LIGHTS BUT ALSO THE STARS CAN SHINE AS BRIGHT AS THE SUN.

I mean jesus. Learn something called themes and concepts and symbolism!

5335083 I don't really remember it's been a while ago that I post that comment.

2531849 Tomoyo is Sakura's (the main character) best friend. In the show she tags along with Sakura and gives Sakura cute outfits to capture cards, she also records on a camera Sakura getting cards. She is also really rich, and really nice.

Login or register to comment