• Published 11th Jul 2012
  • 2,786 Views, 97 Comments

Cardcaptor Twilight - Yukito

  • ...
7
 97
 2,786

The Sweet

Trixie hummed a happy tune as she stirred the hot soup heating up on the stove in front of her, occasionally taking a taste test to make sure it was satisfactory. She giggled as she looked out the doorway to her right, seeing the owner of the house she was currently in, Fluttershy, lying on her back on her couch, a blanket draped over her body, and her many animal friends surrounding her to help her whilst she had a cold.

Trixie couldn’t believe how lucky she was that Fluttershy caught sick right before she was going to leave town. It gave an excuse to stay so that she could take care of the sick Pegasus. Of course, she had to make sure that Twilight and the others didn’t find out, otherwise, they’d butt in on her quality time with Fluttershy. It was bad enough sharing it with all of these animals, especially the rabbit that wouldn’t stop glaring at her, but the last thing she wanted was to have to be stuck with those annoying ponies and Rarity, who Trixie would admit was not so bad.

Of course, it was a cinch to keep them all distracted, when she had the Illusion card. Twilight was reading a pile of one thousand books that nopony else could see, Applejack was testing herself against the world’s most stubborn apple tree that was actually just a dead tree (or, it was dead now, at least), Pinkie Pie was throwing a part for the new pony that was actually just a stray dog from the streets, Rarity was flirting with a handsome stallion who was really just one of her ponnequins, and Rainbow Dash was on the train to Los Pegasus right about now, on her way to meet with Spitfire, who had supposedly sent her a VIP invitation to party with the Wonderbolts.

That reminds me… I hope Fluttershy gets better before that featherhead returns. I’d better buy a ticket soon, so that I can leave as soon as she’s well again.

Trixie decided to check on the patient whilst she waited for the soup to boil. When she walked into the room, the first thing she noticed was Fluttershy’s flushed face as she tried to put up a strong front, so as not to worry her animal friends. Trixie blushed, and then turned her gaze to the empty glass on the table next to Fluttershy’s head. “Y-You want a refill?”

“N-No. I’m okay. I-I don’t want t-to bother you…”

“It’s not bother at all,” Trixie said, lifting the glass with her magic and taking it with her into the kitchen. “Your friends are just too busy to come and help you, so the Great and Generous Trixie, thought that she’d offer some of her time to help you.”

Trixie placed the glass down, and poured some orange juice into it. She then searched through Fluttershy’s cabinets, and eventually found where the Pegasus kept her medicine. She set aside a couple of pills and the glass on a tray, and then moved over to where the soup was heating up. She decided to take another taste test…

“Hm?” Trixie looked at the spoon in her magic with a confused look. “What the what? Why is it so sweet?”

Trixie looked at the bag of sugar behind her. Sure, it had been sitting there since she started cooking, but she never used it. And it wasn’t open either. And… there wasn’t two there earlier. “Eh? Wait, wasn’t the other bag flour?”

She felt a presence to her right, and quickly turned to find a small light flying around in the air. Wherever it went, things were turning into sugar, cupcakes, candies, and other sweet foods. “W-What the? Hey, stop that!” Trixie quickly gave chase after the strange light, and tried to catch it, only to crash headfirst into the shelves that the light had ducked behind for shelter.

“Ow… You little!” Trixie used her magic to move the shelves, and found the light behind them. On closer inspection, the light appeared to be a pink fairy in a yellow dress. “Aha! Got you now!”

Trixie tried to catch the fairy again, but it quickly flew past her, and started to make its way towards the kitchen doorway. Trixie was quick on her hooves, though, and used a quick teleportation spell to block the fairy’s escape path, and then used her levitation spell to grab a bag of sugar beside her.

“Demon begone!” Trixie shouted as she threw a pinch of salt at the fairy, which flinched and flailed about in response. It then started glowing, and Trixie felt a familiar presence coming from it. “Wait… A Clow Card?!”

Trixie quickly pulled out her key from her nearby saddlebag, and summoned her wand. “The key that hides the power of dimensions, show your true form before me. I, Trixie, command you under our contract: Release!” With her wand in her hooves, Trixie reared up, and slammed it down onto the fairy. “Return to the guise you were meant to be in! Clow Card!”

The fairy turned into a blinding light, and was absorbed into card, which then floated down into Trixie’s hooves. Trixie read the name that appeared on it. “‘The Sweet’…” Trixie jumped back as, suddenly, all of the things that had been turned into sweets turned back into their true forms. “… So, this thing… makes things sweet?”

Trixie smelled something burning, and gasped as she realised that she had left her soup unattended. “No!” She ran over to the stove, and sure enough, her soup had been burned during her little kerfuffle with Sweet. Her ears flattened against the sides of her head, and she looked back into the other room, at the still-sick Fluttershy, as she wondered what she was going to do now.

Finally, with a sigh, Trixie realised that there was only one thing she could do: start again, and hope that Fluttershy could last long enough for her to remake the batch of soup from scratch.

“… Oh well. At least Trixie got a Clow Card out of all this.”

Author's Note:

I guess you could say that this chapter :coolphoto: was short but sweet:yay: