• Published 11th Jul 2012
  • 2,786 Views, 97 Comments

Cardcaptor Twilight - Yukito

  • ...
7
 97
 2,786

The Fly

Luna’s eye was as vigilant as ever as she kept watch over the city of Canterlot. Every night, she would relieve her sister of her duties, to allow her some rest. She would start by patrolling the skies of the city, looking out for any wrongdoers, and then make her way back to the Palace, where the night court would open to the public.

Luna’s watch was disturbed when she felt a strong surge of magical energy, followed by a loud screech that pierced the night sky. Luna turned around to see a huge flash of light coming from behind the Palace, and readied herself and her guards. “Guards! Ready thy spears!”

The flash of light soon turned into a giant white bird, whose glow lit up the entire city. It flew over the city, startling many onlookers, but didn’t appear to have any hostile intent. Luna examined it closely, and saw that it was merely passing by. That is, until she felt another surge of energy. At that point, the bird’s eyes started to glow red, and it let out another loud screech.

The vibrations caused by the bird’s cry caused many onlookers to fall down in pain, and caused a few of the weaker buildings to collapse. The bird descended, and started to attack some of the buildings, causing the Canterlot civilians to retreat.

“Guards! Subdue that bird at once!” Luna shouted, leading her guards towards the suddenly aggressive bird. Luna’s horn lit up and she speeded towards the bird, but she didn’t go unnoticed, and with another loud screech, Luna and her troops were sent flying back, before the bird ascended and made its escape, flying off into the distance.

“Princess! Are you alright!?” one of the guards asked.

“I’m fine! Quick! Follow that bird!” Luna ordered. Two of her guards followed the bird’s general direction, but a few minutes later, they returned to report that they had lost track of it. “How do you lose track of something so huge!?”

The guards had no answer, and Luna simply sighed as she looked down at the recently attacked city and its frightened locals. “This is bad. We have to stop that thing before it strikes again.”


My faithful student,

It has been a while since I have last written to you, and I wish that I could write to you under better circumstances, but unfortunately, this letter is to inform you of a recent attack on Canterlot. The culprit was a mysterious bird, the likes of which my sister and I have never seen.

The attack happened late last night. The bird appeared out of nowhere, and caused a fair bit of destruction in the town square. My sister and her guards attempted to subdue it, but it unfortunately managed to escape, and was last seen heading in the direction of Detrot.

We still don’t know where this strange bird will move to next, or what level of destruction it may cause in the future, so please alert those in Ponyville, and prepare an evacuation procedure in case it heads your way.

Princess Celestia

Spike, who had returned to Ponyville two days ago (three days after the Thunder incident), finished reading the letter to Twilight, and then turned to face her. “Wow, sounds rough. I mean, strange things have been happening all over Equestria lately, but this defiantly takes the cake.”

Twilight pulled the letter from Spike with her magic, and read over it quickly. “Spike, can I ask you to go around Ponyville and tell everypony about this? And make sure the Pegasi set up a watch around the town.”

Spike saluted and made his way towards the door. “No problem, Twilight! Just leave it to me!”

Twilight waited a few moments after Spike left the house, and then made her way to her room upstairs. She saw Kero reading one of her Daring Do books. “Hey, Kero, I think we may have a problem on our hooves.”

Kero looked up from his book and turned to face Twilight. “Oh? What’s up?” Twilight showed him the letter, and her gave it a quick read over. “Hmmm…I don’t think this is a Clow Card…”

“Really? Why’s that?”

“Well…” Kero turned to face the Clow Cards that Twilight had collected so far. “As you probably know by now, each card has their own personality. Shadow was a prankster, whereas Wood and Windy were gentle spirits. And then Rain was playful, and Dash is competitive, and always looking for a race.” Twilight nodded, and shuddered when she remembered Dash, and what she had to go through to finally capture it.

“Well, the only card I can think of that’s a giant bird is Fly, but…Fly is like Windy and Wood; very gentle. It’s true it would fight back in self-defence, but it would never harm anypony, or cause too much destruction around it.”

“So…You think it’s just another giant bird that just came out of nowhere?”

Kero thought for a second, and then shook his head. “Well, only one way to know for sure…Twilight, let’s go to Detrot!”

Twilight sighed and hung her head low. Somehow, she knew it would come to that. “Fine. I’ll go get Rarity…” It had been 5 days since the Thunder incident, and since then, Twilight always brought Rarity along whenever a Clow Card was causing trouble. At first, she considered leaving her behind whenever possible, but she knew that she’d regret it later if she did.


Twilight, Rarity, and Kero arrived in Detrot after a half-hour train ride. Detrot wasn’t much bigger than Ponyville, but was defiantly a lot more packed. That was because it was a popular tourist destination, since they were many historical landmarks close by.

Twilight looked silly walking down the streets in the new dress that Rarity had made for her, which was based on Rain, the newest card she had captured. Just like Rain, the dress was made to resemble a jester/clown outfit.

Kero found the dress amusing, but Rarity insisted that she looked great, and that it was sure to be all the rage soon.

“Come one, come all, and witness the amazing magic, of the Great and Powerful TRIXIE!”

The group flinched when they heard the all too familiar sound of Trixie’s voice. They turned to see a group of ponies walking towards a trailer, where, sure enough, Trixie was performing her magic for all to see.

“Oh no…You don’t think she knows about the Clow Card, do you?” Rarity asked.

Kero shook his head. “Looks like she’s just here to show off again…But, with that compass, who knows?”

The three moved closer, curios as to what kind of tricks Trixie was performing. She asked for a volunteer to hand over their camera, and hid it behind her cape. After a single flash, it was gone. She then called upon another volunteer to hand over their cap, which she revealed to be empty to the audience. She reached a hoof in, and within seconds, pulled out the first volunteer’s camera.

Twilight had to admit it wasn’t bad, but didn’t join in the cheering of the rest of the crowd. Kero just decided that he didn’t like Trixie, and so he was automatically impressed with everything that she did.

“Oh wow! That was simply amazing!” Rarity shouted, surprising both Twilight and Kero.

“Rarity? Are you ok?” Twilight asked.

“Never better. Why do you ask?”

Kero narrowed his eyes, and looked over at Trixie suspiciously. He felt something strange coming from her. A magical presence that originated from her, and loomed over the crowd. Kero leaned over and told Twilight about it.

Twilight looked over to Trixie, and could feel the same thing. She tried to pinpoint where it was coming from, when she heard a loud screech from the distance. “W-What the!?”

Everypony in the area turned to direction where the screech had come from. It was a farm area not too far from the village. Coming from that direction was a stampede of panicked ponies, screaming about a giant bird attacking the village.

“The Clow Card!?” Twilight asked Kero.

Kero entered his meditation state, and then snapped his eyes open. “Yes! There’s no doubt about it! This is the Fly card!”

The three immediately took off, running into the same direction where many ponies had just fled from.

Upon reaching the farm area, Twilight could see a giant bird sitting on the ground, flailing about, and knocking over many trees around it. “What’s it doing?” she asked.

“It looks like it’s suffering,” Rarity said, keeping her distance from all the dust that was flying about as a result of the giant bird slamming into wings onto the ground.

“In any case, we need to subdue it! Twilight, use Windy!” Kero said.

Twilight nodded, and took out her key. “Oh staff that hides the power of the dark, show your true form before me. I, Twilight, command you under our contract: Release!”

“Oh staff that hides that power of dimensions, show your true form before me. I, Trixie, command you under out contract: Release!”

The three turned around to see Trixie behind them, holding her staff with her magic, and grinning at them. “Sorry, but this one’s Trixie’s!”

“In your dreams!” Rarity shouted. “You may have gotten the last Clow Card, but I can assure you, this one will defiantly be Twilight’s!”

Twilight sighed, and walked up to Trixie. “Trixie, why do we have to compete? Can’t we work together?”

Trixie held her head up high, pointing her nose up. “Don’t be silly. Trixie must get the Clow Cards. And you shall not get in her way.”

“Watch out!” Kero shouted, alerting the three ponies to a tree that was flying their way.

“Shield!” Trixie erected a shield using her Shield card to protect three ponies and Kero. “This one’s most certainly dangerous, but…” Trixie examined it closely, keeping the shield up in case anymore trees or debris flew their way. “…Sparkle, don’t capture it just yet.”

Twilight looked at Trixie with a confused look. “Huh? Why not?”

“Trixie isn’t sure, but…There’s something there.” Trixie lowered the shield, and pulled out another Clow Card from her saddlebag. “Sooth this tortured soul with a motherly image. Illusion!”

The card shot out a multicoloured image that, to any onlookers, appeared to just be a strange pattern. However, to the target, Fly, it was an image of a mother bird, comforting its youngling, and calming it down. Trixie made her way slowly over to Fly, and used her magic to locate the source of the strange feeling that she felt coming from it.

“…Here!” Trixie shouted and she reached a hoof towards one of Fly’s feather. It was different from the rest; it was just as white, but it had a strange red pattern on it, and it emitted a strong power that the others did not.

Fly thrashed about for a little as the feather was removed, but then slowly started to calm down again. Twilight took this chance to capture Fly. “Return to the guise you were meant to be in! Clow Card!”

Once Fly was in card form, Twilight extended her hoof to grab it. However, instead of making its way over to her like she was expecting it to, Fly instead made it way over to Trixie, who was just as surprised and confused as Rarity and Twilight.

“Wait, what!? But…I’m the one who caught it, right?” Twilight asked Kero.

Kero shook his head, and looked disappointed. “You sealed it, but Trixie’s the one who subdued it…Therefore, it rightfully belongs to her.”

“No way…” Rarity said, glaring at Trixie.

Trixie examined the Fly card with a smile on her face. “Hmmm…Fly…Trixie wonders what this does…” Trixie tapped her staff against Fly, and called out its name. Seconds later, wings extended from the tip of her staff. She looked at it with awe, and took a moment to think of how it worked. “Like this?” she asked, climbing onto her staff as if it were a witch’s broomstick.

She kicked off the ground, and shot up into the air. She let out a loud scream as she soared upwards, and tried to gain control. It wasn’t so hard; she was able to gain control over it fairly quickly, and was soon flying gracefully through the air, a huge smile on her face.

Her hat blew off her head and fell to the ground, causing Trixie to chase after it. She landed next to Twilight’s group, and found her hat resting on Twilight’s head. Twilight gave Trixie back her hat. “Having fun?” she asked, seeing the huge smile still plastered on Trixie’s face.

Rarity giggled and faced Twilight. “She looks like you do when there’s a sale on books online.”

Twilight blushed and laughed nervously. Trixie levitated her hat over to Rarity, asking her to hold onto it for a second. “Want to try it?” Trixie asked Twilight.

Twilight turned to Trixie, a look of surprise on her face. She looked over at the staff, and then back to Trixie, worry clear in her eyes. “Is it safe?”

Trixie rolled her eyes and reached over to pull Twilight closer. “Come on! What’s the worst that could happen?”

“If you don’t focus, the wings’ll disappear and you’ll come crashing down to the ground.”

Twilight and Trixie looked over at Kero with looks of horror on their faces. “W-WHAT!?” Trixie shouted, quickly getting off of her staff. “Why didn’t you say that earlier!?”

Kero turned around to hide his grin. “I was only kidding. You’re so gullible.”

Trixie glared at Kero, cursing him in her mind. Twilight cleared her throat, hoping no one had seen that she fell for it too. “Um, so, Trixie…What was wrong with Fly, anyway?”

Trixie regained her composure, and reached into her saddlebag. She pulled out the strange feather that she had found earlier, which immediately caught Kero’s attention. “It was this. Trixie’s not sure what it is, but it seems to hold some sort of great power…”

Kero examined the feather closely. It clearly wasn’t one of Fly’s feathers. In fact, he wasn’t sure what it was. But it was powerful, and was surely dangerous in the wrong hooves. He offered to take it off of Trixie’s hooves, but she refused, saying that this would make her performances 20% greater.

Trixie turned back to Twilight. “So, you want to try flying? It feels great!”

Twilight reluctantly nodded, and climbed onboard Trixie’s staff. At first, she was screaming and demanding to be let off, but after a minute of flying, she was enjoying herself just as much as Trixie. ‘No wonder Rainbow Dash likes flying so much! This is…Simple amazing!

Kero watched the two with a look of disgust. “Ugh, she’s the enemy…Why is Twilight being so friendly with her?”

Rarity laughed and blew some dust off of Trixie’s hat. “That’s just who Twilight is. She loves making friends with everypony…Especially when it’s somepony she has so much in common with.”