• Published 24th Oct 2016
  • 2,565 Views, 147 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Of Shadows - nyxOs



Abandoned in the oppressive swamps of Mulisiana, Steel Ranger Scribe Quillwright desperately fights to return home.

Comments ( 20 )

Oh awesome! You updated! Thanks!

11328707
My pleasure! I held off publishing until I was well underway with the next chapter, so hopefully the turnaround will be a lot faster than usual between 11 and 12 :twilightsheepish:

11329961
This is, indeed, an account of events that Quillwright is recording (albeit much more detailed than what she's actually writing). You may see a little hint in the footnote of some chapters >ω<

Caught up :0

Lovely little post-nuclear tale here! I don't tend to read too many FE stories these days, bht this one has been delightful. Love the horrible, vile little (and giant) bugs you've forced into my cranium.

11332687
Thanks, I'm so happy to hear you've enjoyed it! Sorry about the bugs, but they're just too much fun to write! Hehe

11332723
Oh don't worry, the bugs have been brilliant, I just worry for the people ive talked to about them since.

Can anyone remind me of the plot and who are the characters again please?

11333502
I wrote you a brief summary of the first ten chapters!

The main character is Quillwright, a pegasus serving with the Steel Rangers as a Scribe. She and a small group, led by her partner Orange Kyanite, are sent south of Equestria to a swampy region called Mulisiana via airship to locate Stable 56, an abandoned Stable that contains a factory for producing medical supplies. Inside they discover the deepest level is sealed, and before they can enter they are attacked by an armored unicorn and automated defenses.

Quillwright is severely wounded, losing one of her wings to an explosion, and wakes to find her surviving allies have left without her. Venturing into the wild, she recruits a half-ghoul unicorn named Willow Wisp to help guide her north to the Equestrian border. Along the way, the two encounter a cannibalistic tribe and put a pair of spirits to rest in an old plantation, eventually arriving at the city of Divide. This settlement sits on both sides of a pre-war canal now known as the Rift, which spans the width of Mulisiana.

Crossing to the northern side is currently closed due to increased military activity from the Chosen of Gaia, an anti-magic cult that originated from the region's Steel Ranger contingent stationed in the city of Mareami, and has since grown into a considerable army. In Divide, Quillwright learns that her allies' airship was shot down and landed in the canal, headed towards the region's first capital, the abandoned city of Brayton Rouge. She re-hires Willow Wisp to take her there, though the guide has since taken another customer, a zebra named Zero, and must first escort him through a fog-covered forest known as the Sunken Valley to find a hotel.

11333923
Thank you very much for the summary ^-^. The only part that was surprisingly new information about the chosen of gaia. I don't remember them being an anti magic cult nor being spawned from that region's steel rangers

Not long into our trip, I took some time to exercise my wing. First, I extended the appendage as far as I could, spreading every individual feather. Slowly, I rotated my whole wing at its base, rolling in a clockwise motion, then reversed it. After that I pulled the wing back in, then repeated the whole procedure. This went on for half an hour, and by the time I finished my back and wing muscles were sore. Hopefully the next tandem flight I took would be somewhat easier if I made these stretches a regular activity.

I hope she gets a cool cyborg wing

“You think the Cogs would want to control it, if they want the biofuel VimVam made?”

The cogs?

“Haywire’s a spirit we summoned and bound to a synthetic body,” Zero clarified. “You aren’t in danger from it, at least not physically.”

Scary but makes sense

Why did they want to destroy the biofuel again?

11333955
"Cog" is an acronym that some use when discussing the Chosen of Gaia (CoG).

11333992
The Chosen of Gaia's power armor runs off of this biofuel, so their opponents take any chance they can to limit the reserves that the Cogs could find and use.

11334064
When I think of the Cog. I think about the Coalition of Ordered Governments

Great cliffhanger. Wonder if Cadence is a synth, life-extended, or simply unrelated to pre-war Cadence.

11342124
Thanks, can't wait to show you the answer!

Just got caught up again. Awesome update. Looking forward to reading more. :twilightsmile:

11450068
Thank you again, I'm glad you're enjoying the story c:

Login or register to comment