• Published 31st Oct 2016
  • 2,448 Views, 15 Comments

Echo Vs. The Laser Pointer - Flash_Magnus



Chaos ensues at Canterlot Castle between Echo, Night Wing and a laser pointer.

  • ...
5
 15
 2,448

In which Echo and Night Wing cause mayhem

Echo Vs. The Laser Pointer

----------

The light of the moon dashed into the room through the slit in the blinds, casting the shadows of a pair of bat ponies who was in the room.

"Ugh! I've almost had it with that mare, Night Blade! Almost!" Night Wing growled while stomping around in a circle in the office.”

Night Blade only blinked his eyes in response, "Uh, sir? Who are you talking about and, and might I suggest that you stop stomping around before you make a deep circle into the floor... or fall through the floor for that matter."

Night Wing stopped, turned to him and sighed.

"I'm talking about Echo."

Night Blade tapped his chin with a hoof. "So it is her then. You know, she has been going on a pranking spree lately targeting unsuspecting ponies or other night guards. I guess I should be lucky she hasn't gotten to me... yet."

"Consider yourself lucky then," Night Wing grumbled. "Out of all the ponies she was pranking on, she decides to prank on me more for some reason."

"Maybe she has a crush on you?" Night Blade winked, "Maybe it could be a match made in heaven between the mischievous mare and our grumpy Commanding Officer."

"More like a match made in hell." Night Wing facehoofed. "While we're only a few years apart. She acts way too silly... but, at the same time, she's really good at her job so I have to love her for that at least."

"So... I have to ask then. What did she do to you this time to make you even angrier than usual?"

Night Wing went red in the face, "Well... it went like this." He turned and looked towards the window as he recalled what had occurred only an hour prior. It still stung him as if it were a hornet embedded into his coat, one that he could not remove and continued to sting at his pride. He had been on his way to the bathrooms, and that was where his torture had begun.

----------

"GET OUT OF MY FUCKING WAY!" Night Wing shouted, bowling over two ponies who couldn't get out of the way fast enough to get into the bathroom and slamming the door closed.

Slamming his butt onto the toilet seat, Night Wing groaned, "Why must you do this to me Taco Bell! I love your food and you do this to me?!"

Pop! Pop! Pop! PPPPPOP!!! Pop! Pop!

"SKREEEEE-AHHHH!" Night Wing screeched like a filly, flying from the toilet and flopping onto the floor a few feet away.

Quickly turning around and clutching his chest with a hoof to calm his rapidly beating heart, a suspicious item or what was left of it landed softly at his hooves.

Night Wing poked at it curiously, "What the... firecrackers? Echo actually put firecrackers in my toilet? How the fuck did that actually even light up in the first place?" Night Wing sighed, "Dammit, Echo."

Night Wing looked over at the 'mess' now covering his floor causing his muzzle to scrunch up in disgust. "Great now I have to clean this and take a shower afterwards..." As he was getting up, a paper smacked him in the face. Grabbing it and opening it up. Night Wing stared at it. "So this is the reason why she did it? I've had it with you, Echo! I will get my revenge! I swear on Luna's big moonbutt!"

"I would like to see you try~!" A mare's voice giggled.

Night Wing jumped up in alarm, "Who was that?! Answer me!!"

----------

Suddenly he was drawn out of his little story telling by Night Blade stomping a hoof in laughter.

"Dammit, Night Blade! Stop laughing at me! I thought you were one of my better guards."

Night Blade wiped his eyes with a hoof, "I'm sorry, sir. It's just that, what she did sounds so familiar to me."

"Then you must know the meaning behind this paper then," Night Wing said while taking out the paper in question and held it out for Night Blade to read.

---


"You decided it would be fun to play a prank on your Commanding Officer. You enter his private restroom when no pony is looking, and...

- Loosen the bolts on some pipes. When the sink is turned on, the restroom will flood.

- Put a firecracker in the toilet. That's sure to cause some chaos.

- Break into the locked medicine cabinet and replace his high blood pressure medication with sugar pills.

-Manipulate the power wattage on his razor, so he'll get an electric shock the next time he shaves.

---

Soon the realization of what had happened dawned on Night Blade.

"So she circled the firecracker one?" Night Blade grinned, "I know where this comes from."

"Oh? And where exactly?"

"Uh... Fallout Equestria 3 on the Haystation 3." Night Blade smiled sheepishly.

Night Wing blinked. "Okay then... maybe I should play that game sometime.... I guess. Anyway, I'm getting my revenge on her and I know just how I'm going to do it too.

"How?"

"With this!" Night Wing dramatically flipped open a box with a wing before taking out a certain item, turning it on and pointing it at a wall.

"A laser pointer?" Night Blade tilted his head.

"Not just any laser pointer.. THE! laser pointer. Most ponies fall for its hypnotic red dot to follow it everywhere and I know for sure that Echo won't be any different and follow it."

Night Blade chuckled, "Yep, I can totally see her falling for it. Mind if I watch the chaos unfold, sir?"

Night Wing grinned, "Sure. Let the chaos begin!"

Click!

----------

Clop, clop, clop, clop cl- "Oh sweet luna, Echo! If you're going to clop then go do that in your bedroom." A passing night guard grumbled.

Echo stopped in place and raised an eyebrow. "But... I was only saying it every time my hooves hit the floor... I also knew that!" And quickly trotted the rest of the way to the door that led to Princess Luna's bed chambers that was already guarded by two guards.

Stopping in front of one, Echo spoke, "Hey, Lunar Night! Your shift is over. It's time for me to start."

Lunar Night let out a sigh of relief. "Thanks, Echo. This job can be tiring but, I do enjoy it nonetheless." And with a grin he walked away.

Taking his spot and standing at attention, spear in hoof, Echo started to think about random stuff to let the time pass.

"Well, another night another bit I suppose. I can't complain though, I love my job and I get to prank that commanding officer of mines, Night Wing!" Echo giggled. "Of course I do it so often towards him since he's such a grump it's amusing. Ponies have even told me to just 'kiss and fuck him already' eh, I do have to admit that he is quite sexy... maybe... just maybe it can work. Maybe playing that game to give me the latest prank idea will score me a date!"

...

...

"Wait, what is that?"

Echo stopped her mind talk as a red dot slowly made its way towards her, stopping two feet away.

"It's the evil red dot I've heard ponies talking about! Why did I have to start work now! I want to chase it!"

Echo looked over to the other guard, "Do you see it?"

The other guard looked at the dot with a raised eyebrow as his only response.

The dot started moving back and forth in an arch, taunting her as if it was ready for a fight.

Echo started to sweat. "Crap... just how much trouble would I be in if I left my post to chase it?"

Suddenly, while the laser was pointed to the floor, the red dot shot up a foot at an angle before moving away.

Echo's jaw dropped. "Did it just give me the equivalent of a pony giving 'the hoof?' Oh, it is on!"

Echo set her spear against the wall and looked at the other guard. "It's not too busy anyway so cover me will you?" And ran off after the dot.

The other guard watched her leave and snorted.

"I better get her pay for tonight then."

----------

Echo continued her chase after the dot, it would not escape the finest night guard pony in Canterlot!

Running through the halls and bumping into a few ponies resulting in a few 'sorry!' or 'but the dot is so hypnotic that I must chase it!' Echo lost sight of it and slid to a stop.

"How could I have lost sight of it that fast...? Ah-ha! There you are!"

The dot reappeared and moved it's way into the kitchen.

"You won't escape me now!" And ran off after it.

----------

"Ah... finally, after so many hours of baking, I was finally able to finish this special moon pie cake for Princess Luna!" The cook shouted with glee, clapping his hooves. "Now to put on the finishing touches before I bring it out to the dining room."

As the cook started to do just that, his right ear turned towards the door hearing a set of hoofsteps quickly approaching.

"Now who could that-"

CRASH!

SLAM!

Echo busted through the doors and crashed into the cook sending both to the floor in a pile of hooves and armor.

Getting back up, Echo shook her head and saw the dot leaving. "I'm coming for you..."

"MY MOON PIE CAKE!!! NOOOOO!"

Echo turned around and saw the cook in tears at his masterpiece on the floor and smiled sheepishly. "Eh... heh heh, sorry about that. Maybe I can help you bake another one sometime? Gotta go now though!" And quickly left.

The cook sniffled.

"I wonder if they won't notice that it fell on the floor...?"

----------

"We welcome you today to the first ever 'Celestia's Cake Tasting'!" Princess Celestia shouted to the gathered nobles and her sister in the large dining room that had a large table filled end to end in various types of cake.

Princess Luna sorted, "How original. Please do get fat sister, it would be very amusing."

Celestia only glared. "You would love that wouldn't you? Anyways, lets get to tasting!"

But before anypony could eagerly take even one slice...

CRASH!

"Coming through!"

All anypony got to see was a red laser moving over the cakes and a certain bat pony jumping onto the table and plowing through the cakes before leaving out another door and leaving the dining room in a mess and everypony covered in cake.

All eyes filled with hatred shifted towards Luna.

Luna shifted her eyes awkwardly. "What?"

Celestia shook her head in disapproval, "That was one of your bat ponies, Luna. Care to explain?"

Luna facehoofed as the shame overtook her. "Yeah... that was Echo alright. I'll get to the bottom of this. Sorry about this everypony." And walked out to get cleaned and find some answers. Echo would be very displeased at the wrath that her Princess was about to bring upon her.... or would she?

----------

Grabbing a nearby towel as she walked by to clean herself as much as possible and leaving a trail of caked hoof prints on the floor at the same time, Echo noticed the dot move into the stallion's barracks.

"Hmm... they wouldn't expect a mare to go in there, or it could be empty at the same time? Nah, I'm catching this dot if it's the last thing I do."

Poking her head inside, Echo noticed that it was mostly empty until a stallion came out of the shower room drying himself off before going into the room herself.

"Hey uh, Lunar Night?"

"Oh, hey there, Echo. Why are you in here?"

"Are you aware that you have a red dot aimed in between your eyes?"

"Red ...dot?" Lunar went crossed eyed and noticed it before his eyes shrank to pinpricks.

"Oh no...."

"What?"

"Oh no oh no oh no!" Lunar started trotting in place. "Some sniper pony is out to get me!"

Echo facehoofed. "Why would somepony be out to get you?"

Lunar stopped and tapped his chin, "Hmm... I don't know to be honest."

"Well, don't you worry because that red dot is harmless and I aim to catch it. Now hold still because this won't hurt... much."

"What do you me-"

SLAM

----------

"What is the damage report, Sky Night?" Princess Luna said while looking at the video screens displaying the camera's all throughout the castle.

Looking over the papers, he sighed, "Well, Your Highness, there's at least five thousand bits worth of damage to various furniture, angry nobles who were denied cake and angry maids who had to clean up pointless messes all because of a prank. Could get worse."

"I thought as much. Any idea on who is behind this laser pointer prank?"

"We believe it was Night Wing, Your Highness from what some ponies told me."

"Him...? He's the last pony I expect to do something like that for being a very serious commanding officer. Very well, I'll go find him and Echo and get this sorted out before more damage to the castle can happen. Thank you." And left out the room.

----------

As Echo chased the dot out into the garden she noticed it slowly move up a the trunk of a tree and stop.

Licking her lips and smirking, she raised up onto her hind hooves, spreading her wings out for balance and pointed a forehoof dramatically at the dot.

"Evil red dot! I have finally cornered you at last! You made me chase you around the castle causing who-knows-how-much in damage that I'm too lazy to figure out how many bits that is, but no more! I'll have you now!"

The red dot didn't move.

Falling back onto all fours, Echo swished her tail in anticipation and smirked, "You're mine."

Launching towards the tree and her prize, the dot suddenly moved, not giving Echo a chance to react and flew straight into it head first and falling comically to the ground.

Sitting back up and rubbing her head with a hoof as mangoes swirled around, Echo finally realized it. "Huh? So I fell for that prank? Heh, good one. Wait, there's only one pony who could have done something like that and that is...."

----------

Back up in the balcony

----------

Click!

Night Wing howled with laughter, wiping his eyes with a hoof. "Oh, I haven't had that much fun in forever! Did you see all of the chaos?"

Night Blade grinned, "It was a pretty damn funny sight to see, sir."

Night Wing looked over the balcony and downwards. "That'll teach you to keep pranking your commanding officer! AHAHAHAHA!!!"

----------

Down below....

----------

....

....

"NIGHT WING!!!!!!!!!"

----------

The sweat flowed from Luna’s brow. Her fury was unmasked and she seemed to bring the full force of the moon with her as she moved towards him. And it was at that moment Night Wing knew, he fucked up while Night Blade 'mysteriously' left his room to avoid what would happen.

----------

1 hour later

----------

"Just what was that?!" Luna shouted at both Echo and Night Wing who stood in her bed chambers.

Night Wing shakily pointed a hoof at Echo. "Well, she was pranking me too much that I decided to get back at her."

Echo only bowed her head in shame.

"By causing thousands of bits worth of damage?" Luna gave Night Wing a hard glare causing him to shrink slightly under her gaze.

"Princess, I'm sorry that I caused that, really I am!" Night Wing sighed, "I'm screwed aren't I?"

Luna's glare turned into a small smirk. "Not really. I'm not actually that mad. At least I still have what it takes to scare other ponies. But, I do have something I want both of you to help me with."

Echo lifted her head with a curious look and asked, "And what is that?"

"I would like to have both of you with me to prank my sister. The laser pointer is quite amusing I believe and I know for sure that she would fall for it too. I have ideas to make it better."

Both Echo and Night Wing grinned before turning to Luna. "Consider it done then."

Luna smiled, "Good, now while I have maids cleaning up the mess. It would be a good idea for the both of you to help out also. Now, if you'll excuse me. I have other duties to attend to." And disappeared in a flash of light.

"Hey, Night Wing?"

"Yeah?"

"You got me good with that so great job on the idea."

Night Wing rubbed the back of his head and smiled. "Thanks, Echo. That means a lot I suppose."

"How about we celebrate this moment then with a mango cake?" Echo said while taking out a box.

Night Wing stared at it curiously. "This isn't another prank is it?"

"No."

"Oh good!" Night Wing clapped his hooves together like a little colt. "Mangoes are so addicting." And opened the box.

Pop! Pop! Pop! PPPPPPop!!!

"Fuuuuuuccckkkk!!!!" Night Wing shouted, jumping back. "You stuck firecrackers inside of the cake?! How the fuck did it even light up?!

Echo fell over in laughter. "Oh, your look was priceless! Eep!" Night Wing tackled her to the ground in anger.

Echo looked around nervously. "How about you buy me dinner first before you plow into me that hard?"

"Oh, I'm going to do more than that." Night Wing grinned, sticking his hoof into the cake and bringing it over.

Boop!

"You have been caked booped. I'll give you this one, Echo."

Both Echo and Night Wing started laughing while he was still on top of her before it was interrupted by Lunar coming inside sporting a bump on his head and a black eye.

"Just kiss and fuck already." Lunar grumbled and left.

Echo looked at him in surprise. "Wow... I didn't think I injured him that badly." Looking back up at Night Wing, Echo smiled sheepishly. "So... do you think there's a chance like that between us? The silly mare and grumpy commanding officer?"

Night Wing winked, "Maybe. It's worth a shot I suppose. Now come on. Let's get this mess cleaned up and after that is over, maybe I can take you out some place to eat."

The End

Author's Note:

Well! I hope you enjoyed this story! XD :trollestia: The reason behind this story was mentioned in the story description.

While I was able to get a fan of my page to edit this for me. If you happen to see any errors then just let me know.

----------

I did decided to add my two OC's Lunar Night and Night Blade into this story and while I based Lunar Night on myself. This is not a self-insert and not related to the other stories involving them both.

I'm making this story a really big deal since this is my first story that's not involved with Human-To-Pony in any way.

I... I really just hope there's no real big cringy moments in this story. Write a story about a pony pranking another with a laser pointer and well, you have to come up with scenes involving that. And with my weird sense of humor, I hope it wasn't cringe worthy.

But, that's for you the reader to decide.

----------

Oh! I hope all of you that read the story enjoyed the Fallout 3 prank reference XD If anypony for some reason don't know then see the screenshot I took - Here

Comments ( 15 )

Are you submitting this for the writing competition if so please put it in the 2016 competition folder

7685084

I was wondering about that but, I think I'll pass.

5/10 needs more Eventide.

7685328

I don't know her character well enough to even add her in this story :derpytongue2:

The last thing I need is messing that up.

I find the storry amazing just i feel like there could be more explanation during the chase and all the pranks that happend before but otherwise 9/10 because little detail but still awesome

8574441

Hmm... true! I could have.

But, thank you for liking it regardless :twilightsmile:

This was amusing.

8980246

I'm happy to know that you liked it :twilightsmile:

8982071
You’re welcome.

Do a sequel where they prank Celestia.

Literally had me like, :rainbowlaugh: the whole time. Please please pleeeease do a sequel.

10634602

Glad you enjoyed the story!

But, I don't really think I'll ever come back to this story to make a sequel since work takes up my time nowadays.

Login or register to comment