• Published 30th Jul 2016
  • 1,237 Views, 7 Comments

Luna the Lifeguard - Michael Hudson



Luna comes to the Ponyville Pool to see if she can make friends, and help those she can, even in such an unorthodox position for a princess.

  • ...
7
 7
 1,237

Luna the Lifeguard

Luna took in a sharp breath as she peaked her head out of the door to the changing rooms. Outside the well lit, indoor pool, were roughly fifteen colts and fillies, running about, shouting, and trying to burn energy as they waited to get in. For a moment, the princess wondered if it was the idea of getting to swim so late at night, or if it was for her, but shrugged it off. No matter which is was, she was happy to see them.

Her eyes swiveled to the side, where she saw a couple parents, brothers, and sisters, some in swimsuits, while others were clearly there to simply make sure their little ones were safe. Her eyes caught Rarity’s, and the mare gave her a thumbs up. That should have helped calm Luna, but instead, the butterflies in her stomach only got worse, and she ducked back in, taking long, deep breaths as she tried to ready herself again.

“Come on, Lulu, you can do this. I know you haven’t seen many ponies since Nightmare Night, but you have no excuse now. Twilight got you the pool for the night, those ponies are waiting to see their princess, and you have nothing to fear. Just walk out there with a smile, and everything should be fine.”

With those words ringing to herself, she stepped out, her bosom jiggling in the tight, red one piece. Thunderlane looked up from his phone, and his eyes almost popped out of his skull as the white cross on her bosom rippled, and Luna thought she saw a trickle of red come out of one or two of the older colts who understood what they were seeing. It was… nice, having the attention, and feeling their eyes on her, but she knew to ignore it. This was simply her uniform that Rarity had so kindly made, and she would do her duty.

The one piece squeaked slightly as she came to the edge of the pool, and tried to force a natural smile onto her face. The grin of a madmare that slipped onto her face was enough to make Rarity smack herself, and the fashionista only cringed more as Luna’s voice boomed through the room. “Welcome, every-

Luna froze, watching as everyone winced. She hadn’t meant to use the Royal Canterlot Voice, but with all the butterflies in her stomach… Wait, you can use this Luna. Do not give up yet! She cleared her throat, and continued with, “Pony. Night swim is now open!

The younger ponies let out a cheer, and she smiled as they jumped into the water. She herself began to lower herself into the water, so as to be closer to them, and to enjoy the heated pool herself. It felt nice against Luna’s hooves as she slinked in, the sounds of rowdy ponies meeting her twitching ears. She would never have heard such things while in the castle, or even in Canterlot. Things were too prim, to prope-

Her thought was abruptly cut off as Rumble flapped his wings and arms, all in an attempt to get Button back for a flick of water that had been sent his way. The torrent of water slammed against Luna like a brick wall, and she moved back from the force. Her mane was now flat, and covered her eyes. Still, she could hear the gasps, and right in front of her, Luna could hear Rumble say, “Oh, princess, I’m so sorry. Please don’t be-”

Just a little, to be playful. An aura coated her hand, and she cut Rumble off as she gently pushed forward, and swept him, and two other colts, into a smile tidal wave. A shrill scream from Diamond Tiara pierced through the air as the wave crashed down, and Luna stared as the mist cleared from the splash zone. Within it, Button looked like he had just been smacked, with stars going around his face while Diamond Tiara breached the water, and put her hands to her lips. The other two colts, Rumble and Snips, looked at each other, and smiled.

“Everyone against Luna!”

Luna blinked for a few moments as the younger ponies registered the command, and soon the parents and siblings on the side were paling as their family members cheered the same. Luna herself only fully registered it when Sweetie Belle threw a ball of water into her face with her magic. The princess blinked at that, before smiling.

The next hour would be filled with fillies and colts being pulled around by shifts in the ‘currents’ of the pool, tidal waves, and geyser explosions from the princess. To honor them, they came up with some fascinating strategies to Luna. Some were good, like the unicorns getting together and managing beat one of her waves, while others were less so. In fact, the war ended as Scootaloo almost dropped Snails onto the tile after he missed her. Luckily, a shrill whistle and a levitation spell was all that was needed to avoid the disaster.

While she was checking each filly and colt though, her eyes kept glancing back to the benches, and to a brown and white colt that was sitting on the bench. She knew he didn’t want to be there, as he kept fidgeting, and watching her. For others, Luna may have glanced over, but for him, she knew she had to remedy this, especially since she was his favorite princess.

Soarin fell out of his chair as Luna climbed out of the water in front of him, and she ignored him scrambling for a towel as she walked to the bench. Big Mac thanked his lucky skin that he was red as the one piece on her shone in the light, and she leaned over to look her little admirer in the eyes. “Hi there, Pipsqueak. Why aren’t you coming in?”

The small colt squeezed his hands as he looked down. “I would, princess, but you see…” He sighed, and she saw his body shake for a moment as a pulse of sadness ran through her own body. Luna reached forward, and gently cupped the side of his face.

“You don’t know how to swim, do you?”

“N-no, princess.”

“Would you like to learn?”

He stopped, before looking up at her, his eyes shining in the fluorescent light. “Y-you would teach me, princess?”

Luna nodded, unable to stop her smile from widening as she saw how happy he was. “But only if you stop calling me Princess, and just call me Luna, please.”

Pipsqueak hopped down from the bench, before saluting her. “Aye, aye, princ- L-Luna.”

She smiled, and reached down to let him take her hand. The two slowly walked away, earning Big Mac a smack from his sis as he accidentally swung his head in time with Luna’s ass, before getting to the edge of the water. Luna slid in first, humming to herself as she felt the water kiss her skin again. She then turned to Pipsqueak, and held out her arms. “First, you need to get in the water, so just imagine you were going to hug me, and jump in.”

Pipsqueak sat down on the side of the pool, shaking as his hooves touched water. He then pulled them back and wrapped his arms around his body. “I-I’m scared.”

Luna tilted her head, before chuckling slightly. “Really? And here I thought my brave pirate captain wasn’t afraid of anything?”

“I-I’m not, but…” He looked at the water and swallowed hard.

Luna let her magic gently stroke the side of his face as she spread her arms out more. “Come on, Pipsqueak. You should know your princess would never let you down. You trust her, right?”

He sucked in his lips, before shutting his eyes and throwing himself forward. Immediately, he was caught between two, dark pillows of softness, and sighed as he felt Luna’s arms wrap around him. “Now, was that so hard?”

He shook his head, smiling as he pushed himself away from her swimsuit, and began to sink. Before he could panic though, Luna made sure her presence was still known to him, and kept him in place with her arms. “Careful. I still need to teach you how to at least float before you can do that.”

He nodded, and the stallions on the bench watched as Luna guided him towards more open water. They weren’t really noticing that fact though. No, their attention was more on the fact that the little colt got to stay right against her breast, and could hear her telling him to stay there so he had something he could hold onto. Rainbow noticed Thunderlane get up, and smacked him to the ground before he could claim not to swim.

Luna didn’t notice, too captivated by the colt she was now talking to, teaching, and caring for. A tear appeared at the edge of her eyes, but she blinked it away before he could notice. Instead, he continued to be so happy, with her, just like the others had been while they had their little game. She felt her body shuddering as a warmth passed through her, and this time couldn’t stop as a set of tears trailed down her cheeks.

Luna glanced away for a moment as Pipsqueak rested against her chest, being able to float while he did so, though he was still not quite comfortable with a deadcolt’s float yet. Of course, her having told him the name had not helped. Now though, she looked to where she knew Canterlot, and mouthed a few words, thanking her sister for giving her this idea. She then looked to her moon, and made a promise to herself to seek more opportunities out like this.

She would not be alone again, and these fillies and colts had made sure she knew such a dream was more than possible, it was easy. She simply had to open up, like tonight.

Author's Note:

If you like what I do, please consider supporting me on patreon, or consider getting more of this sort of thing commissioned.

Comments ( 7 )

This could use a bit more editing, as I did notice several errors I don't have the energy right now to point out...

But it was a beautiful, moving, and powerful story all the same.

Cute story, loved that moment with Luna teaching Pip how to swim. I always like to see mother and son like moments in fan fiction between them.:twilightsmile:

It does have some cute moments, but it is a little unfocused. I think it would be better if it put more detail and attention was paid to one of the ideas involved: either Luna's sexuality and her attractiveness, with the reactions of the older ponies as a result; or the innocent playfulness she shares with the foals and teaching Pipsqueak how to swim. As it is, it seems more like a part of a larger story.

7438921 Yeah, have to agree with you there unfortunately. If this story were longer that issue might have been less noticable or something.

No, there attention was more on the fact that the little colt got to stay right against her breast, and could hear her telling him to stay there so he had something he could hold onto.


'their' attention, you mean.;) Still, cute chapter.^^

In the description it's They're* not their.

This story was so good and funny! I hope there's going to be a sequel!

Login or register to comment