• Published 17th Jul 2016
  • 1,343 Views, 50 Comments

Untouchable - Magenta Gleam



A visitor to Equestria quickly realizes that he has a curse cast upon him. Is there a cure or will he die as untouchable as he lived?

  • ...
13
 50
 1,343

Chapter 16

Celestia’s P.O.V.

The room was completely silent, so silent that were it to happen you could hear a pin drop. Five of the elements of harmony had rejected their bearers and almost immediately two of them had already found new ones. As a migraine threatened, I raised a hoof and rubbed the side of my head.

“S-So are we going to talk about this or just stare dumbly at each other?” The voice of Eric stammered from the group in front of me.

I looked up to see everypony around me -apart from the aforementioned human- was standing in place with a blank look on their faces. As a group they were looking at the two necklaces to have taken place on the necks of the young drake and mare. They themselves were looking down at their own necks, none the wiser of the eyes boring into them.

How did this happen? I picked the element bearers so carefully. They were never meant to separate until they started to die of old age. Nothing should have been able to come between them. Now I have no idea what to do.

I let the thoughts run through my head. Trying to create a new plan, but how am I supposed to know how to create the powerful bonds of friendship required to power the elements without years to plan? While these thoughts ran around in circles a loud banging came from the doors to my small meeting room and a voice came through them loud enough as if the bearer were already in the room with us.

“Sister! I saw the bearers running away from the castle and without Twilight. Is something the matter?” I heard Luna calling from beyond the door.

With a sigh I lit my horn and opened the door, letting her through. The moment she did however she launched herself into the pile of element stones.

“What has happened here? I have not seen the elements like this since we held them sister.”

“The friendship bond of Twilight and her friends has broken dear sister. But already two have take up the mantle to restore the bonds of harmony.”

“I see, that is both terrible and great news to hear. And sorry but I fear I am leaving out something here but what is that strange creature standing next to Twilight?” Luna said, pointing a hoof at Eric.

“Hello your majesty. I am Eric Hayes.” He said, holding a hand over his heart and bowing slightly.

“An interesting creature you are Eric, I am Princess Luna, Mistress of the Night. I have not heard such a strange name nor beheld such an interesting visage in many years. Pray tell, what species are you and from where do you hail?”

“I am what is known as a human and I come from a planet called Earth.” He replied.

“I have not heard of it nor the name human. How did you come to be hear?”

“I’m not really sure. I found an invisible voice outside of my door one day, fell over onto something and then found myself here.”

“You never told me this Eric!” Twilight said, her creepy knowledge face entering her face.

“Twilight, please calm down. I’m sure there will be plenty of time to discuss this at a later date.” I said, trying to defuse the excitable princess before she could upset Eric.

The lavender alicorn looked sheepishly at her hooves. “Sorry Celestia.”

“As it stands Luna these ponies -I looked at Spike- and dragon have all quickly become friends with Eric who has become afflicted with a strange magical barrier that not even my magic can break down. We believe that the elements of harmony are the only things that can restrain the power long enough for me to seal it. But with half of the elements without bearers I am worried if we will find others who exemplify the elements.” I explained to Luna.

Luna looked at me with excitement on her face. How that face still reminds me of when she was a little filly after all these years I don’t know. “How about I travel with them to find new ponies to carry the elements? I would love to get out of the castle and meet some of our subjects again. And Twilight and I are already friends after last Nightmare Night!”

I watched as my sister practically bounce with excitement.

“Are you sure about this Luna? I know you are worried about ponies reaction to you after the Nightmare.”

“Yes! How will everypony really accept me if they never see me sister?”

“Then you may, if Twilight and her friends wish for your company.” I told her.

Immediately Twilight and Spike ran over to Luna and hugged her, falling into a purple and blue pile.

“Well I think I have my answer. Princess Twilight, Spike, Luna and Sanguine, it is your mission to seek out the missing three element bearers and return here so that we may remove Eric’s magical barrier.”

All the ponies before me cried out in a happy affirmative and in that moment another of the gems on the floor lit up. A flash of blue blinded everyone and when it cleared another necklace had appeared on one of the assembled ponies. Around the neck of Luna hung a golden necklace, it’s blue gem in the shape of a crescent moon.

I smiled at our good fortune while looking over the assembled ponies as they once again had to pick their jaws up from the floor.

“Well my little ponies, it would appear that fortune smiles upon us this day. With four of the six elements found you must only find two more. While this will not be as simple as the rest have been I am sure you are all up to the task.” I said while smiling warmly at them. “Now go, you have your mission.”

Each of the new friends -apart from Eric- came up to me and hugged me before leaving. When they were gone I finally dropped, my stoic facade disappearing.

I really hope this goes well.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter.

I'll probably rewrite this at some point but for now I wanted to get past this stage.

Well this is officially the end of the first arc. I hope you all have enjoyed the story so far. :)

Comments ( 4 )

7474033 The blue gem is the element of laughter. (Yes it seems weird for Luna to have it but it will make sense.)

7474042 All good. :)
I've had to go back and check so many things while writing this story just to keep all the details constant.

Amazing chapter, I greatly enjoy reading this all the while feeling sorry for Eric. But hey! He got a Woona!

7474177
7474452
Thank you. It means a lot to hear that people enjoy my work.

Login or register to comment