• Published 17th Jul 2016
  • 1,343 Views, 50 Comments

Untouchable - Magenta Gleam



A visitor to Equestria quickly realizes that he has a curse cast upon him. Is there a cure or will he die as untouchable as he lived?

  • ...
13
 50
 1,343

Chapter 10

Eric’s P.O.V.

Sanguine and I followed Twilight further into Ponyville, their hooves clopping loudly in the late night air as we passed building and after building. The light coming from a mostly cloud covered moon was weak and the darkness obscured much that I would normally see, though the gas lanterns did illuminate some features of the town. The home were mostly basic wooden structures not unlike you would see in a small country town back on Earth, that’s not to say there weren’t any exceptions. Through the darkness I could still see the basic outlines of many of the more obscured buildings, one looked almost like an amusement park ride and another was… was that a cupcake on top of the building?

I shook my head and looked to the mares I was travelling with, Sanguine was smiling and trotting on calmly beside me with her ever present smile and Twilight was a short distance in front of us.

A short distance later we arrived at our destination, a tree? A rather thick tree at that. It was bigger around than most houses we had passed and in the darkness I could almost point out a balcony and several windows.

“You live here Twilight?” Sanguine asked.

“Yes I do Sanguine, welcome to the Golden Oaks Library.” She replied while sweeping her hoof over the tree/building we stood in front of.

“Oooh! You live in a giant tree house! I’ve always wanted to play in a tree house but when I was a foal nopony would help me build one.” Sanguine explained, her voice getting louder with elation.

“Well I prefer to call it a treebrary, but you’ll understand when we get inside.”

Twilight cantered over to the door and opened it with a quick spell before motioning for us to enter.

“Now I need you to be quiet, my assistant Spike is likely already asleep and he can be quite the little grump when you wake him up.” Twilight cautioned.

We quietly entered the tree and Twilight used her magic again to light a few gas lamps there were framing the walls. As the room was lit up I froze in surprise, the nearly the entire room was lined with bookshelf after bookshelf filled to the brim with tomes of all lengths. To one side there was a small kitchenette and the other held a staircase leading up to what I believe is the loft and a bathroom while a door sat between two of the bookshelves. Likely the entrance to the offered basement room.

I was stuck there, frozen, my mind taking in all the details of this impossible abode.

“H-How?” I asked, my stupor still in full force.

“Magic.” Twilight explained, badly.

“Okay.” Sanguine accepted cheerily before bouncing further into the impossible dwelling.

It was too much, I stood there and screamed for a moment over the absolute absurdity of it. To my continued surprise a small figure ran down the stairs and jumped at me, it’s purple claws reaching out to grab me. Luckily before it could reach me Twilight’s horn had begun to glow, wrapping the tiny creature in a purple field of magic.

“Twilight! Why did you stop me? There’s a monster in the library, don’t you see it?” A small voice come from the purple… thing.

“Spike, this is not a monster!” Twilight very nearly shouted at the angered purple thing as the green growths on its head and back twitched. “His name is Eric and he is a guest in this house, do you understand?”

“Are you sure Twilight? I mean he looks so strange, he must be a monster.” The creature named Spike asked.

“Yes Spike. Eric, why don’t you say something?”

“Buh- Uhh, umm hi?” I stammered out.

“Woah, it can talk! So what are you creature? And why are you here.” Spike asked me, his eyes narrowed in suspicion.

“I-I’m a human, and Twilight brought me here. Said it was a mission for the princess.” I answered slowly and carefully, worried about the reactions of fiercely loyal creature. But I also needed to know something so I asked. “Sorry to ask, but what are you?”

He puffed up his chest before replying. “I’m a fierce fire-breathing dragon and number one assistant to Princess Twilight Sparkle!” He said confidently before continuing. “Well if Twilight says you’re safe I’ll take her at her word, welcome to Ponyville.”

“And I’m Sanguine Soul!” The bubbly unicorn said while bouncing forward to hug the tiny drake. “It’s so nice to meet such a friendly little baby dragon. I’ve never met a dragon before.”

“Uhh hi.” He said, a small blush coming to his cheeks from the sudden contact. “Ni-Nice to meet you Sanguine.”

I stood there smiling at the adorable exchange happening in front of me and noticed Twilight watching us, a matching smile on her face. When she noticed my attention ours eyes meet for a moment before she dropped her eyes back to the unicorn and drake, her face breaking out in a large blush.

I wonder what she is thinking about this time?


Twilight’s P.O.V.

They are all getting along so well. I must admit I was a bit worried about Spike meeting them so soon, especially Eric. He can be so loyal to me sometimes that he doesn’t realise he is being rude. Ohh I’m so happy that they are talking so easily. Especially if Eric is going to be spending much time here. My thoughts ground to a halt for a moment. Why do I want him around so much? Well he is my friend, of course I want him around and if he can make friends with Spike then that will make it so much easier to do the same with the girls.

I look up with a smile and see Eric looking at me, a matching smile on his face. In panic I looked away as my face heated up.

Gah! Why do I keep blushing? He’s just a friend Twilight! I thought while mentally slapping myself, banishing the strange thoughts coming into my head.

Before he could say anything I called out to our little group. “Okay everypony, we’ve all had a big day. Now we have a lot to do tomorrow so we should all get some sleep.”

With a small amount of grumbling I watched as Spike walked back up the stairs.

“Sanguine, you can follow me. The bed is always made up so there shouldn’t be any problems there. Eric, you can either sleep on the couch or in the basement like I said before. That’s up to you.” I said indicating to both the door in the back wall, and the couch in the centre of the large library/lounge.

“I think I’ll take the couch.” Eric said, walking over to the piece of furniture and taking off his hooded top and pants before laying down and pulling a blanket down that was slung over the backrest.

I blushed again watching him remove some of his clothes.

Why am I affected by this? I and almost everypony else rarely wear clothes, why is it different when he takes them off?

I shook my head to remove these thoughts again before leading Sanguine up the stairs, a quick flourish of my magic turning off the lanterns in the previous room and lighting the loft we climbed the stairs into.

Spike was curled up in a small basket by the side of my bed and Sanguine climbed into the other one. I climbed up into my own bed, my telekinesis lifting the purple blankets with my cutie mark on them, and bringing them back down to cover me.

I smiled at the familiar feel of my soft bed and warm covers as I drifted off to sleep, my dreams full of a tall bipedal figure dressed in black.


Eric’s P.O.V.

I was awoken by a sudden crash, falling off the couch as a small figure slammed into the back of it.

Why does this keep happening? I thought while pulling myself up from the floor.

Pushing myself up onto my feet I went to look at what so rudely woke me up from such a lovely dream.

Something purple, I think.

My curiosity soon paid off as I walked around to the back of the couch and saw a cyan pegasus with an intensely chromatic mane and tail laying on the floor, her eyes seeming spinning in their sockets. I watched as she attempted to shake off her crash landing.

“Hi!” I said to the small pegasus mare.

“Huh?” She said before her eyes stopped spinning. She blinked, freezing for a moment before shooting forward, powerful beats of her wings pushed her towards me until my barrier flickered to life. The mare was blasted back, but before she hit the wall she righted herself in the air. Another beat of her wings and she was slamming into my shield again. “Monster! What have you done with Twilight? I swear to Celestia if you’ve hurt her, it will be the last thing you ever bucking do!” She screamed before being blasted back again, turning to dive bomb me once again.

I stood there, unable to move as she slammed into my shield once again, my thoughts first turning to how I was lucky I was alive from how fast she was moving. But then I really thought about it; nothing was able to touch me, no creature, no magic, nothing. In that moment I had never felt more alone in my life. My legs buckled underneath me and I cried, my tears washed down my face as the screaming pegasus continued to attack me.

What did I do to deserve this?