• Published 17th Jul 2016
  • 1,343 Views, 50 Comments

Untouchable - Magenta Gleam



A visitor to Equestria quickly realizes that he has a curse cast upon him. Is there a cure or will he die as untouchable as he lived?

  • ...
13
 50
 1,343

Chapter 15

Eric’s P.O.V.

I stood in place, barely a muscle moving as I watched the five mares enter the room. Each of them glared at me as they approached. All at once the started to speak, their voices loudly speak over each other as they accused me of being a monster to the princess. She immediately raised a hoof and one by one they fell silent, waiting for the silent ruler to begin speaking.

“Now that you are quiet my little ponies I must tell you something that you need to hear before this goes any further.” She stopped speaking for a moment, locking eyes with each of the ponies one at a time. “You are wrong!” She said, her voice only slightly raised but with a well of strength that shook the will of everyone in the room. “I have had the pleasure of speaking with this human here for only but a few minutes, but he appears to have the manners and speech of a fine gentlestallion.”

“What? How can you say that? Just look at him princess.” Rainbow Dash yelled while pointing a hoof in my direction. “He is obviously some kind of monster. He is probably controlling you and everypony else who has sided with him.”

The small group of friends all agreed with the cyan pegasus as she accused me once again of being some random beast.

“Tell me this everypony, have any of you even given him a chance to talk? Or have you attacked him based only on the way he looks?” Celestia said, while glaring at them. “Now you can act like caring ponies or you can leave, right now!”

As she said those last words they all shrunk back, all except for the chromatically maned pegasus. Once again she flew at me, attempting to attack me. The moment she came close she was immediately flung back, crashing against Rarity and they both crashed down onto the floor.

“You see Princess, if he wasn’t a monster why would he do that?” Rainbow Dash yelled.

“While I disagree with Rainbow Dash and the others that barrier is quite troubling. Eric, do you have any control whatsoever over the magic that protects you?” Celestia asked, her eyes seemingly boring into my soul.

“N-No your highness. I have n-no control over it, but it-it’s always there. Even when I’m asleep.” I stammered under the powerful gaze.

“Eric, I would like to apologise to you for the manner in which these ponies have treated you. As a sapient being in Equestria you have rights and anypony who would assault you in such a manner is a lesser pony than I believed them to be.” Celestia said to me with a strained smile.

At these words the whole group behind Rainbow Dash cowered, knowing they had messed up. I smiled at her kind words though. Maybe finally they would stop attacking me.

“Thank you Princess, Eric was really worried about meeting you after all the trouble we have had.” Sanguine said with a big smile on her face.

“It’s no problem my little pony.” Celestia said to her before turning back to me. “Now Eric, there is something I would like to ask you.”

“W-What is it your highness?” I asked, stammering again.

“Would you like to get rid of that barrier? I have an idea of how that may be accomplished.” She said warmly.

“Yes! Yes please! This thing is making me feel so alone, even with everyone I’ve been travelling with it hurts every time I think about it.” I nearly shouted my assent.

“When Rainbow Dash attacked you I noted a few peculiarities with your barrier, you see it’s not only using it’s own source of magic from within you but a secondary source that it actually siphons from every physical force or magic used against you. That will make it tricky to remove, our only option would be to overwhelm the barrier to shut it off. Then we can seal it from coming back. Sadly neither I, nor my sister are strong enough to do so. But there is a magic strong enough and luckily for you it is right here.”

“What is it princess?” I asked, confused that she isn’t strong enough to do it herself.

“The Elements of Harmony that the girls here control are powerful enough to overcome your shield. And they will lend their power to this!” She added the last part in a near shout at the girls who had shrunken back but still held glares pointed at me.

“A-Are you sure Princess? These girls seem to hate me.”

“They will do as ordered Eric. Isn’t that right girls?”

“You know I will Celestia” Twilight called out quickly, walking up close to me.

The other group all nodded fearfully, walking up to surround me in a circle. With a flash of magic Twilight brought out a large box that she set on the floor before opening. Inside at a collection of jewellery, each made from gold with a different color of gem inside. First Twilight lifted out a crown with a bright pink star set on top of it, she set it on her head before moving to the rest of them. Five necklaces were lifted out of the box and hung around the neck of the five mares who stood around me, faces mixed between fear directed at Celestia and angry glares pointed at me.

All at once the gems in their necklaces and Twilight’s crown began to glow. Twilight’s eyes turned pure white and they all lifted from the floor. All at once they all seemed to pulse, each time stronger than before until a loud crash filled the air. Twilight remained in place but the rest fell, their necklaces blasting them back against the walls and falling off unclasped. When they landed the gold melted away leaving several plainly cut gems.

“Wha-What happened?” Twilight said as she floated down to the ground. With shock he levitated the five gems over to herself.

“I had hoped this hadn’t happened Twilight.” Celestia sighed before looking at her. “It would appear that your friends have broken the harmony of your friendship by rejecting Eric. The reason that they have always worked before is because your friendships always held strong no matter the situation, but their rejection was so profound that it has severed your emotional bonds. This is the same thing that happened to me after banishing Luna and the reason I was never able to use them again. “ She looked at me, her eyes seemed like nothing but deep wells of sadness. “I’m sorry Eric, I really am.”

Spike and Sanguine walked up to Twilight and held her as she started to cry. She looked over to me. “I-I’m sorry too. I really wanted to help you but I failed. I understand if you don’t want to me my friend anymore.” She said, her face pointed to the floor as tears leaked quickly down her face.

“It’s ok Twilight, I wasn’t really expect anything from coming here anyway. Sure I got my hopes up for a sec but ohh well. And of course we will be friends, you were the first friend I made here.” I said to the depressed mare, pushing a smile onto my face.

While we talked Sanguine walked over to the Elements of Harmony. “So what's with these stones anyway? They don-” She was cut off as she picked up the pink stone of kindness. Bright light flashed, blinding everyone in the room. When everyone's eyes clear we all gasped, around Sanguine’s neck hung a gold necklace with a pink heart in the centre, just like her cutiemark.

When Spike grabbed the red stone of loyalty it happened again, the young drake was wearing a necklace with a red flame hanging from it. Everyone in the room froze, not sure what had just happened.

“Uhh, I d-didn’t mean to do that.” Spike said.

Author's Note:

Well I couldn't get one out earlier so I hope this and the one I'll upload at the normal time makes up for it.

Enjoy everypony.