• Published 17th Jul 2016
  • 1,343 Views, 50 Comments

Untouchable - Magenta Gleam



A visitor to Equestria quickly realizes that he has a curse cast upon him. Is there a cure or will he die as untouchable as he lived?

  • ...
13
 50
 1,343

Chapter 1

Eric’s P.O.V.

As I regained consciousness all I could feel was pain, crushing pain from every part of my body all at once. I just lay there on the ground taking one laboured breath after the next as the pain slowly receded until it was only a dull ache in my extremities.

Slowly opening my eyes I saw I was no longer in front of my apartment. Looking around I could see that I was in a circular crater of dirt with trees looking up from the edges.

I panicked, my breath coming fast and my heart beating hard in my chest. Curling back up into a ball I tried to get my breathing back under control.

Where am I? This isn’t my home. I don’t want to be here. I screamed inside my mind.

Eventually my memories rushed back to me, the voice in the void told me that I was in his world and I would make friends here. This line of thought calmed me a little so I could stop shaking and my breathing slowed, no longer drawing pain from my chest.

I stood back up and looked to the sky, seeing the bright blues starting to get darker and a hint of orange telling me the light would not last long.

I need to find somewhere to sleep. I definitely didn’t want to be walking through a dark forest with night approaching.

I climbed the edge of the crater and entered the treeline, hoping I would find some shelter before night could hit.

Moment by moment the light got further away and within 10 minutes I found myself stumbling through the darkness, roots tripping me and branches catching at my clothes before a bright gold flash blinded me.

I clutched at my eyes and pain drilled into my brain but before I could see anything the light had receded and I was again surrounded by nothing but darkness.

What the hell was that? I thought, my brain still swimming and exhaustion starting to pull at my limbs.

I was never the most fit person. Honestly walking to the shops around the corner every few days was the extent of my physical fitness regime and now I felt like I had walked for hours. Hell I didn’t even know what direction I was going or if I was just stumbling around in circles.

As I walked through the ever present darkness I could feel myself getting more frustrated and when I tripped over the next root I fell face first into the tree it belonged to. In that moment I lost it, my anger over my situation taking over my actions. Swinging my left arm back I punched the tree with all the force I could muster.

CRACK

As I was about to hit the tree a blade of golden energy formed around my fist and sliced through the thick trunk and the upper half was flung off into the tree next to it. Blinded once more I covered my eyes as panic again rushed through my body.

“How the hell? Did I fucking do that?” I swore as my vision slowly came back.

Looking around through the dark blobs in my sight I could finally see again. Whatever I had done had lit the trunk of the tree I destroyed on fire and it was lighting the small area around me. I looked up and could see that a thick layer of foliage was blocking the sky from sight and there was nothing but grass and trees surrounding me on all sides.

All of a sudden exhaustion rushed through my body and a pain shot up my left arm, like a fire had been lit inside the extremity. I could feel the muscles scream out in pain and I repeated them in kind with my mouth.

“AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!”

With pain rushing through my body I slumped against the trunk of a tree as my vision swam and dark started to crawl in at the edges. Slowly the dark crawled in further and within moments I was asleep, the last thing I saw before unconsciousness took over was a purple light and a strange purple creature coming out from between the trees.


Twilight’s P.O.V.

“Here you go Twilight” said the small purple dragon as walked out of the libraries small kitchen and handed a cup of tea to me in his claw.

“Thank you Spike, I think that’s all I need from you tonight. You can go now” I replied with a smile on my face while bringing the cup to my face with my magic before blowing air over the warm brew.

I watched him walk off - probably to go read some more of his comics - before returning to the book in front of me. Even after becoming the princess of friendship it was no time to stop focusing on my magic studies and Starswirl’s Treatise on Teleportation were just begging for me to read them.

Shifting the massive volumes all over my desk I gathered the parchment and quills I would need for my notes before a loud whoosh sound emanated from the direction Spike had walked off to.

Seconds later the dragon rushed into the room with a rolled up parchment in his claws, a familiar gold seal attached to the centre.

“Twilight, it’s from the princess!” Spike excitedly, yet redundantly exclaimed.

Grasping it in my levitation field I pulled it and the young dragon over to me before he let go and fell to the ground.

After reading the content I gasped, “Spike! The princess has a mission. I need you to stay here and inform the girls that I will be near Fillydelphia for the next few days.”

“Why do I have to stay here? You and the girls always leave me behind.” he complained.

“Because Spike, you’re a baby dragon and this is an important mission.”

“Fine,” Spike grumbled while walking away dejectedly and slammed the door behind him.

“Yes, a mission from the princess!” I said as I hopped around the main room of the Golden Oaks Library, quickly forgetting the bad mood of the young dragon.

Gathering power around my horn I levitated over a set of saddlebags, several inkwells, a large stack of parchment, a box of quills and several books before casting a teleportation spell.

Next moment I appeared next to the Ponyville train station and looked over the tracks headed north-east, but I wasn’t stopping there.

Unleashing more power from my horn I teleported over and over again, hopping hundreds of metres at a time. Smiling at myself I looked back at the texts I had just read earlier.

The most difficult of all teleport spells is the ‘Multiple Teleport’ or telehop as I like to call it. Only moments after starting and finishing and teleport you siphon off the remaining energy of your teleport and use it as well as a small amount of extra energy to teleport again. Repeating this process you can teleport much longer distances and with much less magic than a single long distance teleport. While this may seem like a good idea for those with a smaller well of magic it is also much more dangerous. With a single teleport it is easy to visualise your destination but with teleport you must be much faster with every single teleport, therefore it is easy to accidentally teleport yourself into the ground, sky or into objects such as trees. Only though with the best concentration should ever attempt this potentially dangerous branch of teleportation magic.

Within moments I found myself facing the forest containing the town of Hollow Shades and the location of my mission but could no longer use my -squee- advanced teleportation techniques. So I walked quickly along a dirt path that the books I once read said lead through the forest for ponies to travel safely.

I’m not sure how long I had been walking but it seemed like hours of the same scenery passing me by, tree, tree, rock, dirt, flower, tree, ohh and guess what another tree. The monotony settled over my mind until suddenly.

CRACK

I jumped as the large sound echoed through the forest before I caught my wits and I ran off the path to where I had heard the sound coming from. My legs hurt from the fast pace and earlier long walk.

I really need to work on my physical fitness, even with my earth pony magic it won't do me any good if I don’t work out.

Amidst my thoughts I didn’t notice I had walked into a tiny clearing, a tree stump stood in the centre on fire as the rest of the tree lay against a pair of trees a few metres away. Investigating the strange tree stump I noticed that it had been cut perfectly flat and the flames were eating away at it from about 2 inches and spread in a wave from there.

I was so focused on the tree that I didn’t see or hear anything else until I heard a pained groan from behind me. In shock I jumped back and prepared a combat spell in my horn, the sight of the strange creature now in front of me nearly had me unleashing my spell at it before I noticed the look of extreme pain across it’s weirdly shaped face.

Letting go of my magic I walked over slowly, careful not to wake it should it try to attack me. When I am only a foot away I attempted to touch the strange fabrics it was wrapped in, but when I was an inch away a bright golden light hit me and I was flung back into a tree behind me. My vision swam for a few seconds before darkness took over and unconsciousness overcame my mind.

Author's Note:

Honestly surprised I was able to get this out. I hope it's ok.

Please if you find anything that needs to be fixed just comment and I'll fix it at the first opportunity.