• Published 17th Jul 2016
  • 1,343 Views, 50 Comments

Untouchable - Magenta Gleam



A visitor to Equestria quickly realizes that he has a curse cast upon him. Is there a cure or will he die as untouchable as he lived?

  • ...
13
 50
 1,343

Chapter 2

Eric’s P.O.V.

I awoke with a start as gold light pierced it’s way through my eyelids and a loud scream filled my ears. After opening my eyes I noticed I was still in the same damn forest with the tree I somehow cut down and there was pain rippling it’s way down my arm. I looked around and in the light of the burning tree stump -really don’t want to know how i did that- I could see a small purple figure leaning against the trunk of a nearby tree.

Is that where the scream came from? It can’t be, it sounded like a girl screaming. I thought while looking over the creature.

It looked like some weird tiny purple horse with long dark purple hair, feathery wings and a sharp looking horn. I slowly walked over to it, worried that it was hurt. You never know how an injured animal will react and I wasn’t going to give it a chance to attack me with that damn horn.

I tried to touch it but when I was only an inch from touching the strange creature a gold barrier appeared around my hand and as I pushed against it pressure began building against my skin. After only a few seconds the pressure built up until it was too painful and retracted my arm before I hurt myself any more.

The moment I moved away the barrier of light disappeared and the pain dissipated until the only pain left was the rippling in my left arm and a small stress headache working it’s way through my brain.

Well what the hell am I meant to do now? Do I wait for this unicorn… pegacorn… umm unigasus… whatever. Do I wait for it to wake up or do I keep walking and look for some people? That’s if there are any damn people, for all I know I could be the only thinking thing in this place.

Lost in thought I didn’t notice the creature had begun to stir.

“Did anypony catch the number of that carriage?” It said in a distinctly female voice.

“Holy shit! Did you just fucking talk?” I replied, panic starting to set in again while watching the figure right itself on its quadrupedal frame before shaking its head.

“Of course I can talk, why would I be able to talk? Everypony knows how to-. Uhhhh.” It was cut off in its speech as it looked up at you, shock evident as every muscle in its small body tensed up.

“Look weird talking pegacorn horse thingy, just tell me where I can find some other people so I can find something to eat and a bed that isn’t made of dirt.” I said, my panic turning into annoyance.

“Hey! I’m not a horse, I’m a pony! And don’t call me a pegacorn, my name is Twilight Sparkle, alicorn princess of Equestria.” she -yeah pretty sure she was female- retorted angrily as a purple aura swarmed around her horn.

“Whatever pony, pegacorn, alicorn, Twerklight Sprinkles, just tell me where I can find others like me and I’ll leave.”

As I said this I realised it may have not been the best idea I had ever had as her abnormally large eye started to twitch and the aura around her horn grew. Once I had finished talking a beam flew out of it aiming right for my face.

Oh shit, I’m going to fucking die! Some stupid colorful pony is going to kill me!

In shock I just stood there as the beam flew at me waiting for my death, but when it reached within an inch the beam just stopped. The golden barrier from before appeared and the beam just crashed against it and disappeared.

“What? How did you do that? How did you stop my magic you monster?” The tiny horse said with fear in her voice.

“I don’t know… wait, what the hell? Did you just say magic? Magic doesn’t exist.” I scoffed.

“Of course it does, I just used magic on you and you used magic to stop my spell. Now how did you do it? I’ve never seen a shield that powerful or one that wraps around the body so perfectly. No nevermind, I’ve been ordered here on a mission and seeing as I’ve never seen anything like you before around it must have been you and your weird magic that destroyed part of the forest.” She said as the aura projected from her horn came back and immediately the gold light surrounded your body again. “Why can’t I lift you? You’re coming back with me to Princess Celestia so drop your shield.”

“Yeah, no way. Piss off tiny horse girl, if you aren’t going to help me then just go away.” I growled at her and swing my left arm out at a tree next to me trying to emphasise my point, but as I was about to hit the tree the gold light flashed again.

A loud boom sounded out next to me nearly deafening me as the tree I tried to punch just exploded, like literally the entire thing just disintegrated into million of woodchips. The force knocked me and the tiny horse to the ground before showering us in shards of the tree.

“Ahhhh!” Cried the purple pony. “Ok, please don’t hurt me!”

She curled up on herself and started to cry, tears quickly streaked down through the purple fur and I ran over to try to comfort her. She tried to shrink away from me with a terrified gasp.

“Hey, hey, I’m sorry about that. I got angry and I don’t mean to do that. Honestly I have no idea what I’m doing or where this magic is coming from. I’m not going to hurt you so please stop crying.” I babbled out as I tried to pat her but the barrier from before stopped me again.

She looked up at me with wide bloodshot eyes and her entire body shaking with fear.

“P-Pl-Please don’t, and I’m sorry for calling you a mon-monster. I-I’ve never seen anypony like you before and that usually means that it’s a monster.” She explained with her voice shaking.

Calming myself, I sit down on the ground next to her, “look I’m really sorry about that, so how about we start over? My name is Eric Hayse and I’m a human, what was your name again?”

“Twi-Twilight Sparkle. It-It’s nice to meet you Eric. You said you’re a human? But there has never been a human in Equestria. How did you get here? What do you eat? What country do you come from? Do you have princesses? What kind of ponies do you have there? Wait, you said there is no such thing as magic. Does that mean your world doesn’t have any magic?” Twilight rattled on question after question as you tried to stop her by covering her mouth.

When the gold barrier appeared she shrunk back in fear.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to do that. Don’t worry I won’t hurt you.” I said trying to calm the panicked mare. “Look I’ll answer your questions later. I need to sleep, I feel like I haven’t slept in days.”

“O-Ok, Mr Hayes. I’ll let you sleep but tomorrow you have to let me take you to meet the Princess. You’ll be safe to sleep here these woods are very peaceful this time of year.” Twilight said with a small smile on her face.


Twilight’s P.O.V.

I looked over the human laying against the edge of the tree with his eyes closed, a small smile on my face trying to cover up the fear and panic I felt in my chest.

What’s with that magic? Nothing I did worked on him and when he hit that tree -I shuddered- I can’t believe he just blew it into pieces. Should I trust him? I saw his teeth and he had canines! What if he eats ponies? I have to watch him, just to make sure he doesn’t hurt anypony. But what if he does? None of my spells worked and when I tried to touch him I was blasted back.

I watched over the ‘human’ as he fell asleep, his chest rising and falling as he lay against the trunk of a tree.

This is going to be a long night. I thought knowing that I couldn’t risk falling asleep.

Author's Note:

2 Chapters in 2 days. This is a new record for me.

I hope you guys enjoy this and if there are any mistakes that need to be fixed please let me know as I am only doing spellchecks before I post each chapter.