• Published 28th Jun 2016
  • 2,103 Views, 42 Comments

A Flurry of Darkness - Alyssa Hartwick



Flurry Heart has allways felt ...alone. Sure she had "friends"...but the only reason they hung out with her was beacuse as fate would have it she was a princess. Except for her one true freind, "Mr. Shade". For Nothing Goes better than Cold and Dark.

  • ...
5
 42
 2,103

A Plan Forged and Lullabys

As Sombra continued to walk the vast halls of the crystal castle, he thought of the events leading up to him meeting Flurry for the first time.

_-()-_

As he was yanking his face from the cold metal door, a loud pop resounded throughout the room. His face now free, but he was now tumbling backward until his back hit a water crystal.

He sat there watching as little birdies flew around his head. He shook his head to regain his senses once more. Slowly he stood up, his legs still sore from both running, and freeing himself from…the door!

He looked up at the metal door, now dented with a handsome imprint, if he could say so himself. He trotted up to the door, expectant, he didn’t know what to expect. Guards? The elements of harmony? The princesses? A DRAGON?!

He paused in front of the door, pondering whether or not he should go through. But he thought about how it might lead him to freedom. And Freedom was definitely worth the risk!

He slowly pushed open the unhappy metal door with his forehoof, to be met by a large looming stone staircase to which, for all he could see, only led up. He sighed as he felt his legs screaming at him not to go up the accursed stairs. He knew no matter how much his legs begged with him, he was going to do it.

So, with this in mind, he began his trek.

_-( 125 steps later)-_

He should have listened to his legs. His hooves were cramping and his legs were now pleading to Celestia of all ponies to save them from this fate. But he kept crawling...

Even though it sucked.

Sombra looked up once more Expecting to see more stone stairs. He was surprised. He saw a metal door. He sighed in relief as he crawled his way to freedom. Using his magic, he opened the door to be met by a beautiful sight.

Light! Real natural sunlight!

He never thought he would be so happy to see it.

He crawled out into the hallway, overjoyed that he had escaped his prison.He was still sad that he had left his friend, Wilson behind. But it was to late. The lava had already claimed the poor rock.

Sombra shook the thought from his head, as he remembered the brief time where is mind broke and begun talking to the rock. But he knew, deep down, he would never forget him.

The king of shadows slowly got off the floor even though his legs still protested.He looked and saw nothing but crystal halls. He knew his walk wasn’t nearly over yet but before he could even take a step...

“FLURRY!” A feminine voice called out.

Sombra turned his head toward the voice. He looked in horror, as he watched an alicorn Twilight Sparkle running towards him.He quickly ducked into the stairway before he could be spotted. He watched as Twilight ran through the hall way in a panic.

Sombra felt so confused at the moment as so many questions ran through his brain.

Why is she an alicorn?” “How is she an alicorn?” “Why is she panicked?” “And why is she looking for sompony named Flurry?

So many questions went through his head, as he stepped back into the hallway. He looked left and right before he began to walk once more though the crystal halls.

_-()-_

He had been walking for a straight hour. He had been ducking behind pillars and doors to avoid the random ponies that were running around like chickens after a rain storm.

And all of them were calling out the same name.

Flurry Heart?” Sombra spoke aloud

He had no clue who they were looking for, and why they were looking for them, and at this point, he was getting annoyed by hearing that name every 5 minutes.

Suddenly, a fiery pain shot through his body. He immediately collapsed on the floor, as he griped his head from the unbearable pain. He felt as if his horn was splitting in two.

His eyes glowed an even darker green than usual, as the purple magic that flowed from his eyes, thrashing violently into the air. He didn’t know what was happening, and all he felt was a searing pain explode through his body.

Then the world went black.

_-()-_

Sombra opened his eyes. The world appeared way too bright as he closed them once more. He tried to move but a sore ache echoed through his body as he stirred once more.

With his eyes still shut, he sat up.

He slowly opened his eyes as he used a hoof to shade away some of the light. Before long, his eyes began to adjust to the brightness. His heart dropped at what he saw.

Ponies. Ponies everywhere

He felt panic grip him. He backed up against the wall, closing his eyes as he waited to be noticed by the many ponies around him.

He sat there for five minutes, waiting to be captured. Yet nothing happened. He opened his eyes in confusion. He looked around as he watched the ponies walking through the halls or talking to one another.

Slowly, he slid down, off of the wall and on to his hooves. Still weary, he began to walk forward into the middle of the hallway. As he walked, he looked at the ponies around him. Not one looked back.

He stepped in front of ponies. The acted as if he wasn’t there. He waved his hooves in front of them. He did everything he could. And yet they didn’t see him.

This was strange to him.

Cautiously, he began walking once more. As he walked the halls, he watched as ponies lived their lives. How could they not see him? Fear him? How could they not see the king of shadows himself, as he graced them with his presence?

These thoughts clouded his mind as he walked through the halls. As he walked he soon found himself alone once more. He noticed a room. Two guard ponies stood there at full attention at the doorway.

He scoffed.

He walked up to the guards and stuck out his tongue. Then he proceeded to wave is hindquarters in another guard’s face. This went on for a good two minutes before he grew bored.

He then looked into the room. It was dark.

As he stepped inside he felt as precious darkness etched its way back into him. A feeling he hadn’t felt in years. Suddenly he heard a sound.

“Buwaba!” The small voice cooed again.

He looked to the center of the room. What he saw perplexed him.

A crib, a baby crib.

He walked over to it, why was a crib being guarded? As he looked in the crib, a small bundle was gently moving. And above the bundle, a small plaque read the name “Flurry Heart”. He instantly put two and two together.

A princess....” Sombra said in awe as he looked at the squirming little figure. He gently used his magic to try and unwrap the little tike. But She beat him to it.

Sombra jumped in shock at the sight. “What in darkness’s name!” He called out in horror.

A small white alicorn with purple and pink hair laid wide awake. It had comically large wings and its eyes were that of a monster. Well, that’s what Sombra thought.

The small filly made little noises as it wiggled around in its crib. Sombra had an evil idea. He crept up towards the crib, as he turned his body into shadow. Slowly he crept up the crib.

RAWR!” He called out attempting to scare the filly. The filly stared at him for a second. But the only response he got was a giggle, as the filly reached up towards him.

He stared at the little filly. An evil plan began to form in his mind. He smiled a sharp toothed grin at the filly. She sat there giggling up at the strange black blob.

Sleep now little Flurry..."

He began to sing, as his plan began to forge in his mind.

Let your dreams take wing..."

He sang as he moved around the crib.

One day when your big and strong,”

You will make me King!”

The baby gurgled sleepily up at the blobby figure.

Good night little princess, soon we will rule Equestria.”

He sang as he left the room.

_-(back at the cave of crystals)-_

I've been exiled, persecuted and left alone with no defense!

He sang as he walked through the maze of crystals.

And when I think of what they did to me..."

I GET A LITTLE TENSE!

He sung as he used his magic to decimate a fire crystal, its flame's lighting up the room in a hellish red glow.

But I dream a dream so hellish, so that I don’t feel so obsessed,

It soothes my inner demons, and helps me get some rest!"

The sound of Cadence’s dying gasp, her daughters power in my grasp, her husband’s mournful cry!

He sang as he turned to shadows, his smoke like body absorbing all the light in the room.

THAT’S!"

MY!"

LULLABY!

He sang, as the only thing lighting the room was his glowing green eyes.

_-(Present day)-_

Sombra sighed in relief. He had finally found Flurry’s room. Using his magic, he lifted the filly off of his back. After he tucked her in he began to walk out.

“Wait” a small voice called out.

Sombra stopped and turned back toward the bed. “Yes young one?” he asked her.

“Can you sing me a lullaby...

Can I do what?” he asked once more.

“Can you sing me a lullaby…

Little one I don’t know what your- “He began

“Can you please sing me a lullaby!” she squeaked out.

He looked at her with a small smile. But it quickly faded.

Flurry was sitting up in her bed holding her plush bear tightly as tears began to stream down her face.

Shhhhhh little one, what’s wrong?” he said calmly as he sat down next to the bed.

“Mommy used to sing me a lullaby before I go to bed but….” She began to choke on her sobs.

But what young one?” he asked as worry etched into his brow.

“SHE’S NEVER HERE, AND WHEN SHE IS, SHE’S TOO TIRED AND DOESN'T SPEND ANY TIME WITH ME ANYMORE!” She shouted through the sobs.

Shhh, Shhh. It’s alright little one” He said as he jumped up on the bed and proceeded to hug her.

She cried into his chest. They sat like that for a few minutes.

He sang. “Dear little Flurry, Dear little Flurry La, La, La, La!

Flurry giggled at that.

I used to wonder what friendship could be! Dear little Flurry!

Until you shared its magic with me!” He sang loudly.

Flurry laughed and cried at the same time. And Sombra laughed as well.

Eventually they stopped laughing. Flurry yawned.

Sombra smiled and hopped off the bed, before tucking her in.

He turned to leave once again, before a small voice piped up once again.

“What about my lullaby?” She said, with big eyes and a small smile.

Sombra groaned with a smile.

Fine...then I'll sing you a lullaby.” He said.

And sing he did.

Author's Note:

I dont own "Lullaby" from lion king 2 Nor do i own Mlp or its theme song:derpytongue2:

Da best Cliff hanger ever if you ask me:pinkiecrazy:

Also sory for hiatus :fluttercry: Buts i is back with da floof:pinkiecrazy:

Comments ( 10 )

7539582 Thx:twilightsmile:







Spread the word :trollestia: Spread my story:trollestia:

7539586 sure but if you wish you can spread the word of me new finally published story:trollestia:

This sounds really, really fucking cool. I'm gonna read this tonight... if I don't fall asleep.

7836324

Oh wow you read it!:pinkiegasp:

thank you :pinkiehappy::heart:

Will you continue this?

Good concept for a story

will you be continuing this story? I hope so tho its unlikely since you haven't logged on in a while, but this story is great and I hope if you ever log on again you continue this!

Ótima, isso é promissor

Login or register to comment