• Published 2nd May 2016
  • 25,946 Views, 2,093 Comments

Changeling Space Program - Kris Overstreet



The space race is on, and Chrysalis is determined to win it. With an earth pony test pilot and a hive full of brave-but-dim changelings, can she be the first pony on the moon? Inspired by Kerbal Space Program.

  • ...
20
 2,093
 25,946

PreviousChapters
Appendix: Who's What in CSP

NOTES ON DIFFERENCES BETWEEN CARTOON CANON AND THIS STORY:

The story begins near the end of winter after the Season 6 episode "A Hearth's Warming Tale."

As a general rule, any episodes which don't directly conflict with the story have happened in Changeling Space Program. This does not, sadly, include the Season 6 finale "To Where and Back Again," for a number of reasons.

None of the comics are canon, ESPECIALLY not the one where the Mane Six walks up a rope to the moon.

For purposes of Changeling Space Program, the following things are established information about changelings. The items listed here are listed because they probably conflict with cartoon canon.

* Queen Chrysalis is not the only queen the changelings have ever known. She definitely has not been locked for centuries inside a volcano. She was raised by the previous queen and, as per changeling tradition, betrayed and overthrew her own mother (after a couple of failed attempts).

* Chrysalis is the mother of some, but by no means all, of the members of her hive.

* Changelings are mildly empathic, being able to taste emotions almost exactly the same way they taste food. They do not have a hive mind of any kind.

* Changelings can derive nourishment of sorts from most positive emotions, but not negative ones. Love is by far their favorite food. Changelings can eat and drink in small amounts, but they only need to do this to generate various kinds of goo for building nests, cocoons, venom, etc. Most changelings can only hold a very small amount of food or drink inside their bodies- just enough to maintain their cover.

* Changeling drones specialize in their duties according to their talents. The best actors and liars become infiltrators, who hide among ponies, harvest love, and return it to the hive. The stronger and more active changelings become warriors and guards. Those changelings not particularly gifted in either battle or deception become support staff- hive builders, youngling teachers, bureaucrats, etc. (Intelligence is not a trait Chrysalis has in the past encouraged in her drones.)

* Changelings can absorb emotional energy both passively (just by being around strong emotion) or actively (magically draining their victims). Their favorite method is to kidnap ponies, take them to a safe place, put them in a cocoon, and inject an intoxicating venom which causes happy, love-filled dreams, which the changelings can then harvest. Ponies can be kept in pods for a considerable time, but not indefinitely; the usual benchmark used for release is, "When is somepony likely to start searching for this pony?"

* Changeling infiltrators bring collected love back to the hive and either give it to the queen or store it in a sort of magic-honey form in cocoons. The queen then redistributes this love to the rest of the hive. Changelings can go quite a long time without feeding, but not forever; a year without feeding can kill a changeling.

* The changeling hive is hidden in a cave with a very nondescript, smallish entrance at the foot of a mesa deep in the Badlands. The interior is vast and not a little bit creepy, but parts of it are beautiful.

* Changelings can fly with abilities comparable to pegasi. They can fire magic blasts or use telekinesis like unicorns do. It's possible they can perform more complex magic with training, but Chrysalis hasn't ordered such teaching. They can't teleport, and they don't get special talent spells comparable to cutie mark abilities (unless you count their racial ability to transform into anything).

* Changelings run the full gamut of possible personalities, but they default towards being good-natured, loyal to queen and hive, predatory on ponies in a nothing-personal-just-business sort of way, and apparently dim-witted due to relative lack of exposure to new ideas.


THE VARIOUS SPACE FLIGHT PROJECTS OF EQUUS: (not complete, subject to editing)

Equestria- Equestrian Space Agency

Changeling Hive - Changeling Space Program

Minotaurs - Minotaur Rocket Project (consolidates with CSP)

Crystal Empire - Crystal Empire Spaceflight Project (consolidates with ESA)

Griffons - Griffonstone Space Exploration (consolidates with CSP)

Dragons - Dragon Space Initiative (consolidates with CSP)

Prance and Germaney - Prancy-Germane Joint Space Initiative (eventually consolidates with ESA)

Stalliongrad - HossCosmos (consolidates with ESA)

Neighpon / Kirin - Moon Flying Lightly (translated)

Yakyakistan - Yak Moon Shot (consolidates with CSP)

Diamond Dogs - Project Stardust

PEOPLE, PLACES AND THINGS OF NOTE (alphabetical)

Not included: the Mane 6, the ruling princesses of Equestria, Spike, Shining Armor, Starlight Glimmer

AD ASTRA - Unicorn. Observer designated by the Canterlot Royal Astronomical Society to witness space launches and flights and to confirm achievement of milestones for the purpose of awarding prizes. Is particularly fond of speculative fiction.

AD INEXPLORATA - Pegasus. Professor of Astronomy, Celestia University, Manehattan. Member of the Canterlot Royal Astronomical Society.

ALEXANDER POPOFF - Yak, electronics scientist associated with the Yakyakistan space program.

BEANCOUNTER - Changeling drone, support. Chrysalis's chief clerk. He can alphabetize files and perform basic mathematical functions without even thinking, and usually does.

BEN FETLOCK - Earth pony. Attorney at law serving Horseton and the greater Hayseed Swamps area.

BRIEF ABSTRACT - Unicorn, born in Canterlot. Associate science editor for the Manehattan Times.

CALENDAR WHEEL - Chief of the tribal ponies of Tenochitlan.

CANTERLOT ROYAL ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY - The longest-standing organization of astronomical study on Equus. Through donations from an anonymous source they fund prizes for achieving notable firsts in space flight and offer exclusive short-term contracts for specific milestones. Twilight Sparkle is a junior associate member from her school days.

CAPE FRIENDSHIP - Rocket launch site for the Equestrian Space Agency. Sited on the northern peninsula of Horseshoe Bay, not far from Baltimare.

CARAPACE - See Heavy Frosting.

CARRIED INTEREST - Earth pony, native of Manehattan. A young accountant with tons of ambition.

CHERRY BERRY - Earth pony. Cutie mark talent: eating cherries. Not particularly good at growing them. Chief pilot and overall commander of the Changeling Space Program. CEO of Cherry's Rocket Parts and Odd Jobs, Inc.

CHRYSALIS - Queen of the changelings. Seeks global conquest, but doesn't want to risk being wiped out by potentially much more numerous and powerful ponies. Has delegated authority over the space program to "the pony" but still expects her own orders to be obeyed. #2 on CSP's flight roster.

CLEVERLY CLEARLY - Earth pony. One of the most influential (and prolific) children's book authors of the previous fifty years.

CLICKBUG - Occupant's replacement and subordinate at the changeling hive. Renowned for her lack of hygiene.

COOL DRINK - A cover identity used by Queen Chrysalis when she wishes to infiltrate high pony society. The cover identity lives near Appleoosa or Dodge Junction, depending on who's asking.

CRAWLEY - Changeling drone, warrior. Chief weather officer at Horseton Space Center and liaison with the Equestrian weather service.

DERPY HOOVES - The only pony willing to deliver mail to the only postbox in the Badlands.

DOUBLE FACE - Unicorn, former guard pony interested in nothing more than his own comfort. While he was prisoner of the changelings, his form was used as a frequent disguise by changeling infiltrators traveling to and from the hive. Unimportant to the story, but he refuses to leave.

DRAGONFLY - Changeling drone warrior with unusually large wings; fastest member of Chrysalis's hive. Enjoys making things and extremely dangerous situations. Chief of manufacturing at Cherry's Rocket Parts. #3 on CSP's flight roster.

EGGPLANT - The name given Neighing Mantis, changeling drone guard, after she overfed on a certain pony's happy dreams. Even after many months of dieting, still noticeably fat.

ELYTRON - Changeling drone, chief of Chrysalis's royal guards. Acts as regent when Chrysalis is away from the hive.

EYE WALL - Pegasus; weather supervisor for the Hayseed Swamps area, including Horseton Space Center.

FAUNTLEROY - Prince of Yakyakistan; pilot in the Yakyakistan space program.

FIDDLEWING - Changeling drone, scout. Can generate a wide range of sounds from rubbing his wings together in flight, including a piercing shriek that carries for miles.

FIREBALL - Chief pilot of the dragon rocket program. Also only pilot of the dragon rocket program. One of two known people from Equus who have gone to space when they really didn't want to go.

FISH EYE - Pegasus. Cutie mark talent: cameras. Ran away from a fishing village to pursue his passion. Employed by Flim and Flam for their television enterprise.

FLIM and FLAM FLIMFLAM - Unicorns. Confidence artists with a high technical skill surpassed only by their gifts of gab and their inerrant ability to recognize the precise moment to flee town.

GANDY DANCER - Earth pony construction worker. In reality a changeling infiltrator, who replaced the original after the pony fell off a skyscraper under construction. Legendary among Manehattan construction workers for his lack of fear of heights.

GENEVA the GRIFFON - Attorney of record for GWYNETH the GRIFFON and Queen CHRYSALIS. Not aware that the two are in fact the same person.

GEORGE BULL - Former member of the Minotaur Rocket Project, specializing in mathematics and logic.

GEORGE COWLEY - Former member of the Minotaur Rocket Project, specializing in aerodynamics.

GERRY GOODMANE - Earth pony. Cutie mark talent: maintaining his own mane. Anchorpony for the Voice of Equestria television channel.

Dr. GINGERBREAD HOUSE - Earth pony. Canterlot's most talented, and most resented, diagnostician. Is, for reasons unknown except to Chrysalis, susceptible to blackmail.

GIRDLER - Changeling drone, infiltrator. Their crippling shyness and uncontrollable stutter made them totally unsuitable as a warrior, but acted as a boon in pretending to be a pony.

GODDARD the GRIFFON - Elderly griffon scientist mocked for his work on liquid-powered rocket engines until the space race began. Chief financial officer at Cherry's Rocket Parts.

GORDON the GRIFFON - Sole pilot of the Griffonstone rocket program. His buddies call him Gordo.

GUTS and STENOCARO - Changeling drones, guards. No one has stolen a building from them yet.

GWYNETH the GRIFFON - An alias of Queen Chrysalis.

HEAVY FROSTING - Pony alias of changeling infiltrator Carapace. Passionate about cooking, baking, etc. Operates Horseton Space Center's gift shop and maintains the astromare quarters.

HOBBLE JIMENEZ - Earth pony of the Nickeraguan tribe of Tenochitlan. Forcibly "volunteered" to fly in space to verify its safety for the tribal ponies' mysterious master.

HONEY LOCUST - See Skip Town.

HORSETON - A village at the extreme southeastern edge the Hayseed Swamps, near the coast of the Celestial Ocean, mostly inhabited by hillbilly earth ponies.

HORSETON SPACE CENTER - The new complex built by the changelings for space launches after the desert proved too potentially dangerous. Sited on the coast of the Celestial Ocean on a tidal inlet called Muck Lake, which marks the separation point between the Hayseed Swamps (part of Equestria) and the Forbidden Jungles (not part of Equestria).

JEBEDIAH - See Cherry Berry.

JET SET - Unicorn, of the Canterlot nouveau-riche. Majority owner of Equestria's largest airship line and airship construction yards. Vain and arrogant. Constantly seeking the next "in" thing.

KERATIN - See Sawbones McColt.

LAIKA - Diamond dog astronaut, being trained by the Great Designer for Project Stardust.

LEAFCUTTER - Changeling drone, guard, of no great importance.

LEONID - Lead pilot of the Yakyakistan rocket program.

LEPID - Changeling drone, infiltrator. Employed at CSP as a gofer.

LUCKY CRICKET - Changeling drone infiltrator. Lives a generally charmed life. Vehicle assembly supervisor and recovery team leader. #4 on CSP's flight roster.

MARKED KNEE - Former member of the Minotaur Rocket Project, specializing in electronics.

NEIGHING MANTIS - See Eggplant.

OCCUPANT - Changeling drone (birthname: Pedipalp) with pronounced buck teeth and an addiction to mail-order. Formerly a door guard and mail-pony, he is now flight director and chief administrator for Horseton Space Center. #5 on CSP's flight roster.

PARASOL - Changeling drone, infiltrator. Suffers from involuntary kleptomania.

PEDIPALP - See Occupant.

PINK MARE - Possibly the most popular (after Saltlick) of Equestria's infant technomancy-driven video game industry. The game involves navigating a maze, eating candy, and either avoiding or shooing off monsters called "party poopers."

PLASTRON - Changeling drone, support. CSP Health and Safety Officer, a job he was given specifically so he could be safely ignored.

PLECTRUM - Changeling drone, support. Hive quartermaster. Spends his days polishing armor and weapons while devising new and innovative means to ensure they are never actually issued to warriors that might damage them.

PROBODOBODYNE - A joint holding company owned by CSP and ESA 50-50, formed to oversee the development of automated space probes.

SAWBONES McCOLT - Earth pony cover identity of Keratin, a changeling drone who voluntarily exiled himself following Chrysalis's rise to the throne. Has spent a pony generation as a doctor in various places, most recently Appleoosa. His loyalty to the hive is considered doubtful. He hasn't disobeyed any orders, but Chrysalis has been careful not to give him orders likely to be disobeyed.

SILVER STAR - Sheriff, and effectively the town government, of Appleoosa. Less prone to panic or xenophobia than most ponies.

SKIP TOWN - Common alias for Honey Locust, changeling drone, infiltrator. Less than diligent about paying debts, even by changeling infiltrator standards.

STINGER CHARLIE - Changeling drone, warrior. Recovery and rocket assembly crew.

TROPHALLAXIS - Changeling drone, support. Chief negotiator and fixer for Chrysalis's hive. Generally despised for being two-faced beyond even changeling standards. Also known as "Pukey"... except when his services are needed.

TYMBAL - Changeling drone, worker. Not smart even by changeling standards, but he can read text off the page in a deep, authoritative voice.

UNCLE POINTY - Changeling drone, scout. (Actual name: Fossorius.) His passion for reading makes him really bad at his job.

UPPER CRUST - Unicorn, of the Canterlot old aristocracy. Vain and arrogant wife of JET SET who has never yet seen a need for a personal verbal filter.

WARNER von BRAWN - Former head of the Minotaur Rocket Project. Chief rocket designer, Changeling Space Center.

WIDOWER - Changeling drone, infiltrator.

WIGGLE T. PLUG - Earth pony. Technical pony working for the Voice of Equestria television network.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 124 )

A beautiful end to this story !
Chrysalis plotting harder to conquer the stars gives this a great opening, and what we thought was the Nightmare was in fact infinitely benevolent.
Also, she's gotten more of a Discord-style redemption... She isn't really changed, she's just changed the direction of her plotting in one that isn't harmful.

Beyond Chrysalis being too distracted with the whole space project thing to carry out the Season 6 finale, as far as I'm aware the only thing that significantly breaks from canon is the shape of the hive itself.

10572198
A bunch of things regarding how changelings work, the phlebotinum throne that allowed it to happen at all, I'd have said "the skittlebug transformation" but then the chapter blindsided us with it anyway...

10572203 I'm seriously considering a short story follow-up on that topic, yes, if for no other reason than that I am amused at the prospect of Chryssy losing her goo over something out of her nightmares she has zero control over.

Beautiful. If either or both of these stories end up in print, you can bet you'll have at least one purchase!

New Chapter! Woot!

I wonder what Mark Watney would say when he hears brand name PROBODOBODYNE

10572213
Ditto this. I'd love to own physical copies of both.

10572316 Yes, Celestia was feeding in the dough for the nonsense missions at least. Priming the pump for commercial space flight, as it were.

This was a great (and long!) story. Congratulations on reaching the end!

I adore Occupant and Dragon Fly and the depiction of changelings in general. Chrysalis was a lot of fun too, with a lot of dimensions ("Booger"). The other new characters were all fun too (and I want fanart of Laika now). The characterizations were all really strong and while a lot of the technicals went past me (I had never heard of this game before) I could still appreciate it. It's clear a lot of thought and work went into this and it shows itself off nicely. This is an epic in the truest sense of the term.

The only thing I have mixed feeling about is the portrayal of some of the pony cast. I understand this story is from the Changeling perspective and I knew going in that the underdogs would win in the end, so I have no complaints there. I was initially concerned that the ponies would become the villains of the piece. I was glad you largely avoided that. Luna's embarrassing takeoff might have been a bit much, but that's just me. I was glad Cherry's working with the Changelings wasn't held against her for too long, not having Rainbow be a sorehead about it, etc. I especially liked the interlude with ESA Flight 5 and showing Rainbow Dash as a capable, competent professional.

That's why I was less than enthused with her depiction in the final two chapters. Her getting stranded and needing to be rescued I was fine with. Like I said, I knew the ponies wouldn't win this race. But her making a dumb mistake with flushing the toilet on reentry (wouldn't it have it made more sense for Twilight, who was up far less than Rainbow, to do that--especially since the story mentioned earlier Twilight was having, um, issues?) I thought that was a bit much. Then the last chapter had her do nothing but be described as effective deadweight on the flight and end up being the punch-line of not one, but two, footnotes and that was it. I'd almost prefer she not have been in the last chapter at all if that was the send off Equestria's foremost astromare was going to get. This is still a really great story, that's just one little detail that irked me.

I'd certainly love to see more stories set in this reality. Congrats on your accomplishment!

10572334 Rainbow Dash gets short shrift in the final chapter because the final chapter is really about Chrysalis.

And Rainbow Dash is a competent pilot, but not necessarily a competent engineer or scientist. In fact, her experience on Amicitas Flight Two is in general a master class in why you send more than one astronaut whenever you can. (And the flushing thing? Dash wasn't stupid for flushing the space john. That was a black mark on Chryssy and CSP for not accounting for even the smallest variables, especially on a hairy re-entry.)

10572358
Thanks for replying and for the clarification about the flushing incident.

I get that this chapter wasn't about her--it's just that those few times in the last chapter where she -does- get mentioned at all it always involves another character being either dismissive (the flight specialists being deadweight thing) or her being made into a joke in the footnotes. One of those footnote gags on their own would've been fine but having two of them, and those being pretty being the sum total of what she does this chapter, well, it just didn't sit right with me. Blame it on too many episodes of the series not respecting her that left me a touch overly sensitive on this subject.

That was one hell of a trip. Just like the space program itself.

Also, I wanted to add that your stories are some of the most -addictive-. When I started re-reading Maretian, I couldn't stop until I reached the end again. My poor eyes were so sore! But I was very entertained so, yay! The same applies here.

10572210
I woul read this. Though to be fair to Chrysalis, it was the handling of the situation she hated, not the skittlebugs themselves. Though she is likely to just lump the two together, being from the same dream and all.

And now that the story is finished, I can take it off my tracked list and add it to my favorites where it belongs.

* Changeling infiltrators bring collected love back to the hive and either give it to the queen or store it in a sort of magic-honey form in cocoons. The queen then redistributes this love to the rest of the hive. Changelings can go quite a long time without feeding, but not forever; a year without feeding can kill a changeling.

A lesser period of deprivation will turn them into a starving feral beast that will blindly attack almost anything and suck the love out of it.

I'd also mention
Changelings can eat almost anything organic. Though they derive no nourishment from it, they can regurgitate it in a wide variety of useful forms, generically called "goo". This goo is the basic changeling building material.

Being fed on does not ordinarily hurt the donor, unless the changeling overfeeds on them. Then it can leave them a mindless husk.

Only one I note not mentioned is....Kevin.

10572558 He never actually appeared in the story, which is probably a good thing for Chrysalis's blood pressure.

GEORGE COWLEY - Former member of the Minotaur Rocket Project, specializing in aerodynamics.

Who's this one a reference to? I got most of the names referencing real scientists.

JEBEDIAH - See Cherry Berry.

Heh.

LEONID - Lead pilot of the Yakyakistan rocket program.

I'm guessing this is Leonid Voskresensky, but it could be Dushkin or even both.

Also, I see this is still marked incomplete. Is that intentional?

10572822
Ah. Earlier than the others and outside my area of expertise (unlike Boole), so that's why I didn't get it. Thanks!

UNCLE POINTY - Changeling drone, scout. His passion for reading makes him really bad at his job.

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!

Seriously, tho. That was a journey. I almost expected Chrysalis to find nothing on the Moon and face the fact that she was chasing a myth, but you made the opposite work.

The end... Sequel time :pinkiehappy:

10573006
Re: The Maretian.

I'm sad to see the story end but also glad to reach the conclusion (aside from little to no idea about who that voice was, but that could just be me missing any hints). It was a great tale, I always liked your pragmatic and (mostly) competent Chrysalis while also keeping her megalomania intact.

Great finale, it was nice to check in on just about everyone who contributed one last time. I'm going to miss all the changelings of the space program, they were a hilarious (and mostly likable) cast. Thanks for the all the science too, it made a fun story even more interesting.

This was amazing read. Your portray of Chrysalis is one of best I ever saw.

I actually expected kinda different ending, with Chrysalis not finding 'power' and being so angry that made her want to conquer galaxy just to prove that she dont need 'power' to be absolute ruler.

10573256 There were two important things for me in this story, practically from the word go: (1) Chrysalis had to win, because for her to come up short after getting the readers invested in her success despite her being quite thoroughly evil would have been worse than a cop-out; and (2) I had to show that Chrysalis actually getting what she wanted would have been TERRIBLE. It would have been bad even without the whole "you're overthrowing the people who keep this broken solar system from collapsing" angle. So the "vision of the future" was a thing almost from the day I decided to start writing, and the little things that made it possible for Chrysalis to choose to give up victory- her peculiar relationship with the pony, her actual love of being in space, her pride in her space program and her hive- were all consciously developed throughout the story.

The Chrysalis of chapter 1 would have told the mystery voice to go to hell, she wouldn't make those mistakes, and time for all alicorns to die.

The canonical Chrysalis of the cartoon would have been HAPPY about the vision and all its destruction, except for the part where she's obviously First Against The Wall When the Counterrevolution Came.

Even now, CSP Chrysalis isn't redeemed, exactly. All the work throughout the story was only enough to open the door so that a future, true redemption might even be possible.

10573094 Re: the identity of the Voice... what you get in the story is all you will ever get.

I added the Celestia-watching-TV bits, and then rewrote them completely, to make it absolutely clear the Voice is neither her, nor in any way working with her. Beyond that? Roll your own.

Real slick Kris, gonna keep a close eye on you in the future, writers like you are once in a lifetime type deals chief, keep up the great work!

10572777 Typos fixed, except for the footnotes. If I put them where they belong, using the limited formatting available to me, they NEST, to the point that they crowd out the main text.

10572916 "To Sherlock Holmes she is always the woman." - The first line of "A Scandal in Bohemia."

To CSP-Chrysalis, Cherry Berry will always be the pony.

Hell of a ride that is almost 4 1/2 years old. Thanks for all the work Kris and for everything you have given us!

Well, a few days after Changeling Of The Guard gives us all a massive heart attack, the OTHER big Changeling fic gives us an amazing conclusion!

Thank you for the amazing stories over the years! Both this and the Maretian are incredible and, as a massive space geek, will likely be with me all my life! All of your characters, including ones that only had a few lines, feel three dimensional! Especially your Chrysalis. She was hilarious and a joy to read!

I absolutely would buy a physical copy of both in a heartbeat! I missed the first Maretian release, and I have no intention on missing either a second one or a CSP release this time. I'll throw money at your face if I have too!

I'll probably have more to say on the story itself later, but for now, thanks for the great reads!

10573481 I did kind of wonder if anyone would get that.

I came across your story changeling space program shortly after it started. I was on the road, traveling for work. Since then, your installments have been treasured breaks from reality. Thank you so much for writing this, I enjoyed it so very much.

Oh, nice art. :)
(applying to the art throughout, it ended up)

And nice song. :)
(same)

re the final footnote: You're welcome, and thank you for writing them. :D

Excellent. :D
Congratulations on finishing the story! I have quite enjoyed it. :)

...I'm, ah, kind of supposed to be waking up in... less than an hour, though, so not a lot of time for more detailed commentary. :D

But thank you, again, for this long and quite fun ride!

A wonderful end to a wonderful story. Occupant best bug.

Thank you for giving this AU life, every update has been an absolute pleasure over the years!

I believe you've done Chrysalis's character justice with this ending :heart:

So THAT’s Occupant’s real name!

Magnificent work from start to finish. Part Let's Play, part ponified history of our space race, part incredible thing unto itself, all a fantastic read. And there are some fascinating implications about what may or may not be the spirit of Equus. Thank you for one heck of an epic.

10573315
I have the feeling the voice is sibling to the voice Dragonfly dreams of in The Maretian. (And of course, the pony universe gets a "nice & kind" one, while human universe gets the "evolve or die" version... *sigh*)

But who was Keven?

10574667
Almost certainly.

The question that ultimately remains is, "Is it the world or something bigger."

Personally I am thinking its something bigger.

Always remember, its worth noting that way back in Chapter 1, Chrysalis assumes the Moon is a powerful Magical object on next to no evidence... and while it turns out to be so, its all a test for her...

After she chooses to wait the power flows away.

Why?

Beyond that, Changelings hear and feel something while in space.

Maybe Queen C doesn't think their is a god....and maybe she is right. But its definitely the greater Galaxy/Universe.

As for why their Universe is nice and ours isn't....

Have you met our Universe. Earth is hell compared to Equestria and lets be honest here, Earth is an absolute paradise compared to the rest of the Universe.

And I am okay with that. Won't be no interesting Hot Jupiters in Equestria. Nor any Venuses. Or even possibly Black Holes or Pulsars. Frankly if you remove most of the "Will destroy any chance of live evolving near it" from the Universe, its suddenly a lot more boring.

10575436 When I have absolutely nothing else to do, yes.

Although if I do the print version (which is looking more probable by the minute, assuming I don't get COVIDed), that'll get edited before the old footnote format does.

Comment posted by Lord Headcheez deleted Dec 11th, 2020

10575968 To put it gently, I'm not fond of the Enterprise opening theme. At all.

Login or register to comment