• Published 7th Apr 2016
  • 967 Views, 16 Comments

Transparent Living - PinoyPony



Disowned by her parents, Diamond Tiara is hastily sent to Mane-hattan to meet Coco Pommel. Even if she has come to turn a new leaf in her growth, there is still a lot for her to learn. New town, new life.

  • ...
1
 16
 967

PreviousChapters
Epilogue

“Dazzle! You need to stop!” Yttrium shouted.

The filly kept screeching atop her lungs.

Coco washed dishes. She batted away the messy strands of her hair and looked up from the bags under her eyes.

“Dazzle, you are being very bad.” Yttruim said. “You want to go your room?”

Still, the screeching could be heard. She was lucky that they sound-proofed the wall, from the traffic outside and the screaming foals within.

She sighed. Dazzle had been throwing a fit for a while.

“Dazzle. I know you want to play with Vivienne, but she hasn’t seen her brother in a long time. Remember how you feel when dad is not home?” Coco came into the room briefly.

“Bad.” Dazzle answered back, somewhat angrily.

“Exactly. Just imagine not seeing dad for a long time. That is how Vivienne feels about her brother,” Coco said.

Coco lifted her hooves out of the dishes and wiped them on a towel. “Tell you what. You want some Hot Chocolate, Dazzle?”

The filly eagerly grunted and held her hooves out for a mug.

“It is always Hot Chocolate.” Yttruim teased.

“M-m-mommy always makes the best Hot Cholat…” the filly sniffled.

Coco readied her pot and autopiloted the procedure.

After a couple stirs, dashes of accents, and whipped cream on top, she brought her masterpiece to the living room.

“Careful, it's hot.” She warned, giving the mug to Dazzle.

As Dazzle sipped carefully, Coco couldn’t help but smile. A couple tears came to her eyes. She looked out the window, the pitter-patter of snow falling in from Cloudsdale gathering in the planter boxes and windowsills.

An old feeling in her stirred as she saw the pillar of smoke rise from the departing Friendship Express.

“Mommy, why are you sad?” Dazzle asked.

Coco faced her daughter. “I’m not sad, I’m happy.”

“Happy? But you’re crwing!” Dazzle shouted.

“No, Dazzle, I’m happy.” Coco said. “I’m happy because it’s winter.”

“Winiyoter? BLEH!” Dazzle blew a raspberry.

Coco chuckled. “I felt like that for a long time, until something magical happened.” She tilted her head. “Your father and I have a story to tell you, about this amazing filly named Dazzle.”

Dazzle’s eyes widened.

Coco began, “It was a dark and stormy night when Dazzle came to Mane-hattan. Braving the elements, she was a servant of the Moon Princess, Luna…”

“And there in Mane-hattan, she met her mother, Coco, and father, Yttrium.” Yttrium continued. “Only one problem. Mommy and Daddy weren't married yet, but there was no problem that Dazzle couldn’t fix…”

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading Transparent Living! It's been a wild ride! But now, it's time to lay it to rest and mark this as complete.

For all of you who had been here through the entire journey, congrats on making it to the end! I know it was rough making it across some filler chapters (I know my writing can be crappy at times, but I've learned a lot with this run) altogether, it's not the destination that justifies the journey, but the journey that justifies the destination.

Thank you all! :pinkiehappy: :twilightsmile:
-Pinoypony

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment