• Published 3rd Jun 2016
  • 4,282 Views, 166 Comments

Through the Rabbit Hole - TopQuark



Alex Weaver’s day couldn’t have been worse; an uncomfortable call from his mother, a surprise visit at work from his ex-girlfriend, and a trillion-dollar device exploding in his lab, transporting him to some frozen wasteland. Damn Mondays.

Comments ( 42 )

Nice, you're back! :twilightsmile:

He'll probably feel quite bad when he learns Shining is Twily's brother, though :fluttershyouch:

generic_hiatus_apology_01

"Never apologize when you can criticize." - Iron Will

Thanks for the update, and nice dig with the 'stop wasting time writing shit nobody will ever read'. Please keep writing!

OH YEAH!!! an update! Finally! Lol glad your still here dude, it just seems like a lot of good WRITERS on here leave, glad your not one of them! :yay:

[generic_appreciative_of_hiatus_end_comment]

[generic_understanding_of_life's_hardships_comment]

Has a pretty smile

Well there goes my vain hope that he would be gay for Shining.

When more AWESOME updates!? :pinkiehappy:

Good to see your still here.

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite stories.

IT'S ALIVE! BOOYEAH!!!!

:fluttershysad: Will you stay please? <sniff> :fluttershysad:

[generic_its_alive_comment]

Really though, was hoping this was not dead. Yay.

Dang it, I'm already done with what is published.

This is shaping up to get on my favorites list, tee bee haich. I want to see where it goes from here - and honestly, it's not like anyone cares what I favorite but still. Good on ya!

Glad to see an update to this story, it has caught my interest.

Awesome chapter! Glad to see it's still alive, looking forward to the next update. (AKA Want MORE)

8303914
Never lose hope! Don't let your dreams be dreams!
Though, I already had them sleep together. Does that count?


8304957
Well, it happens that your story "Twilight Sparkle Discovers Earth" is on my favourites list, and was one of my original inspirations for writing a HiE SciFi. I'm glad you're liking it.

8303914
Do not lose hope! The Writer's Guild Convention clearly states that if there is a scene where two characters are spooning for warmth in a snowstorm then a passionate, fiery romance must follow!

Okay, the whole "already happily married father" + "nearly got killed by a plasma weapon" angle is a bit tricky but you know how fiction is: the more improbable the romance, the more inevitable it is! I believe in TopQuark's ability to make it happen :rainbowwild:

'Has a pretty smile' better be foreshadowing, my boi. There's a lack of good Twi Twi x Human ships as of late.

8309788

I hope so as well. I do so enjoy a good TwilightXHuman ship.

She is so adorkable!

I like how Alex decided to take the initiative and start documenting ponies. Twilight has just found a kindred heart :twilightsmile:

When next AWESOME update?:pinkiehappy:

NW

Caught myself rereading this one again. Something about it keeps pulling me back in. It's the kind of story that practically forces your imagination into action, inspiring a hunger to more about the world and the events yet to come. Even this interlude chapter has me pondering a dozen possible scenarios of different people/ponies discovering the journal and the implications thereof.

And of course there's the simple desire to see Twilight and and Alex happy together. :twilightsmile:

Hey. Update this. Now.

when next awesome update?

One of the best stories I've seen so far

So no updates yet? Yikes.

8703167
Yikes indeed. I have had problems (with life and with the story), but have recently made some progress on it, along with some other projects that will hopefully see the light of day.

8703751
I wish more authors put notes in their stories when a story isn't being abandoned but real life things have gotten in the way. You don't owe us anything and it's frankly none of our business what's going on in your life, but there are so many stories out there that I love which haven't been updated in months or years. I tend to accept that they're dead, move on, and then find out years later that they're active again and that they had been put on hiatus (without warning or any word from the author) because of real-life issues. There's never any indication of this, and it makes me wonder if the author just lost interest or if maybe I'm reading a ghost's words.

I hope things are better for you now, friend.

8724253
Well, you're not wrong about any of that. Those first few chapters are literally copy-pasted together from several different drafts. I had this whole story in my head, but now when I look through what I've written, all I can see is bad pacing and broken plot threads. The problem is, I still believe this can be a good story, but that's hard to accomplish when so much of what I've writen so far has issues. It's clear to me that I shouldn't have taken on this endevour as my first whack at writing, but I'm also glad I did, as it taught me a lot. I have the next chapter about half done, but I think I will work my on my (many) other writing projects to gain more experience before coming back to this. I haven't decided whether I'm going to eventually go back and fix what I have, or leave it as a mark of my growth, but I will definitly work to make it better. I just want to give life to the stories in my head.

And thanks for taking the time to write that. I truely do appreciate it.

It's a decent story so far. Looking forward to seeing where it ends up going.

Edit: Considering the 'message back' part of the blurb, my prediction at this point is that they track down the quantum antenna, find a way to jury-rig his phone to it (and power the whole mess), and contact the authorities back home; probably to get a high-tech treatment plan for Shining Armor.

8724533
Boo! It is not that bad really and is not only enjoyable but mostly well done.

To be blunt (apologies in advance) I think you are just suffering from artist perfectionism and maybe undue influence from a minority of readers.

Although I am stumped on how/why he would just be carrying a powerful plasma gun on his person in an office environment. Maybe if he was testing it. Or maybe there would be a need to do so in the future?

You can't please everyone no matter your skill level.
For example and possibly ostracising myself; I can't stand the majority of Steven Kings work.

When next AWESOME update? :twilightsmile:

An excellent story! Looking forward to more! Tracked and upvoted!

can't wait for more this has realy caught my interest good work so far

is this story still being worked on?

I can just only hope that there is more to come. Sadly, I have seen a lot of promising (like this!) story go to the -Hiatus- or abandoned status and it's really painful because I and I think many others as well wanted to see more from this one... Especially, because I really like a good, nicely and slowly presented TwilightxHuman fic. :)
Really hope there is more to come. :)

how are things looking on an update?

Continue.

Please.

You heard the moaning masses that try to will you to write more with their heartfelt wishes?
Please come back to us...
Your story was really good, I especially liked the right use of professional scientific language and the correct use of german in the first chapter even though you clearly have never lived there yourself you get an A for effort (at the moment I live in germany near cologne and its true Oktoberfest is not really celebrated outside bavaria but its only 6 hours car drive for me on our Autobahn ;) its really fun.) the perspective of Alex is really interesting for me, as are the observations of the ponies I don't really like Flash Sentry, less of him is always welcome.
I hope you will continue this. I will wait.
Sincerly
J

I'm with the others: this is actually really good.

Though I've noticed in many instances, that the writer - despite wanting to write a complete story, logically - usually has something they really want to write... and once they reach that point, their drive tends to peter out - sometimes gradually (falling quality), sometimes abruptly (extended/infinite hiatus etc.). This point tends to be a free-floating idea, a scrap of dialogue, something to that effect, like - "what would a human researcher held by ponies write about them?" An 'essential narrative' is constructed to lead up to that point, and once there - the will to write is satisfied - the story loses focus and ends up forgotten.

In this instance, it seems to be that the author wanted to get to the point where the protagonist can deliver a rational, slow analysis of the ponies (or perhaps the bit where they offer him meat and judge his reaction).

Until such time that I see an update, this is what I'm going with.

Just give us a damn update, I'm dying to know how this turns out man! :D

so what happened to this story?

I keep coming back to this story. I hope to see it live again.

Well...yet another excellent dead fic. lol.

I have just about finished reading this story (yet again), and yeah, it would be so nice to see more to this..

I remember back then years ago truely believed after an interesthing and unique start that we are off to something great on the way, but sadly it seems like it's not happening quite as I hoped it would back then.

Really hope that you are alright TopQuark, and I believe in that saying that as long as you are here I will not give up hope on this- would be really silly if I did... :) :twilightblush:

Login or register to comment