• Published 14th Jun 2012
  • 569 Views, 9 Comments

Everquestria - RB_



100 years after Celestia sacrificed herself to stop Nightmare Moon, a new quest begins.

  • ...
 9
 569

Times Past

“Okay, let me get this straight,” I said. “You were there one hundred years ago, when the Nightmare appeared…”

Pinkie nodded.

“And you and five other ponies set out to find the magical elements of harmony…”

“Yep!”

“And along the way you fell off a cliff, fought a ferocious manticore, fixed a sea serpent’s facial hair, and fearlessly

frightened off freaky forest faces with fits of laughter?”

“You sound like Twilight!”

“And then you found the elements, Twilight teleported away, and when you caught up, she was fighting the Nightmare?”

“Why do you keep calling her that? Her name was Nightmare Moon!”

“Okay, she was fighting Nightmare Moon, and then your Element necklaces appeared, and you blasted her with a rainbow, right?”

“Yes, except that she DODGED it! I mean, come on, that has to be cheating, right? I mean, sure, the rainbow followed her, but she just kept flying away from it until it wore off! And by then, we were all too exhausted to do it again! Seriously, what kind of villain DODGES? Well, there was that one time…”

“Pinkie…”

“Oh, but then there was that one time…”

“Pinkie.”

“And then I said oatmeal? Are you CRAZY?”

“PINKIE!”

“Yes, Rattie?

“What happened AFTER she dodged?”

The pink mare put her hoof to her chin in thought.

“Well, after she dodged- which was very rude by the way- she laughed at us all evilly, and there was a flash of light from her horn… and then I woke up, and I found you!”

Well, that was… wait…

“Hold on, if you had only just woken up… then how did you know you were a hundred years old?”

“Oh, that’s easy! I… that’s odd… how DID I know that? It just sort of came to me!”

…Huh.

“Sooo…” Pinkie said. “Can you fill me in on what’s been happening well I was snoozing? I mean, obviously Nightmare

Moon’s gone, since the sun is still up, but who defeated her? It obviously wasn’t us, so who did it?”

“Celestia. About a week after the Nigh- after Nightmare Moon returned, she broke free of her imprisonment in the sun, and

fought her.”

“Oh, so THAT’S where she was!”

“Yeah, so she fought her, but Celestia and Nightmare Moon were nearly evenly matched, so she ended up sacrificing herself to destroy her.”

Pinkie’s expression changed from one of interest to one of horror.

“WHAAAT?!? Nononono, Princess Celestia CAN’T be dead, she’s immortal! And besides, how are the sun and moon moving if she’s dead? It doesn’t make sense!”

“Well, that’s what happened. Nopony’s sure why the sun and moon still move, but it doesn’t really matter.”

“Fine… so what else has been going on?”

I sighed, thankful that we were moving on from Celestia.

“Well, as you can see, most of Equestria is now forest. Apparently, soon after… well, you know… a wild forest called the Everfree started expanding. Some ponies like to call this the Everquestrian forest because of that.”

“Hey, I know the Everfree Forest! I used to live near it! It’s where we fought Nightmare Moon! Wait, if this is part of the Everfree, then does that mean it ‘Isn’t natural’, either?”

“What do you mean?”

“You know, plants grow on their own, animals take care of themselves, and clouds move without pegasi?”

“What part of that isn’t natural?” I replied, confused. “That’s how everything works.”

“So it IS just like the Everfree! Anything else?”

“Umm… there is the bubble over Canterlot…”

“Bubble?”

“Yeah, the bubble. It’s like this huge force field around where Canterlot used to be. Only ponies can pass through though, no other creature can, not even Griffons. And the weirdest part? Nopony knows where it came from, or what’s inside. Sure, tons of ponies have gone in, but none have ever come out. Not. A. single. One.” I said, tapping my hoof for emphasis.

“Really? Ohh, we should go!”

“ARE YOU CRAZY?! DID YOU NOT HEAR WHAT I JUST SAID ABOUT NOPONY EVER COMING OUT?”

“So?”

...I swear, this mare is going to drive me insane…

Comments ( 4 )
RB_

Sorry about the wait, went on vacation (read: forced into a car and driven to Baltimore):trixieshiftright:
Surprisingly satisfying to get this done.

That was very interesting start of a story, and very interesting format.
It's really sad you had to cancel it.

RB_

If anyone ends up here because of a notification of this story being added to a group, I'm sorry, it was an accident, I've already removed it from the group, and one more 'I'm sorry' for good measure.

big first story L

maybe Arby's will finish this

Login or register to comment