• Published 14th Jun 2012
  • 569 Views, 9 Comments

Everquestria - RB_



100 years after Celestia sacrificed herself to stop Nightmare Moon, a new quest begins.

  • ...
 9
 569

Questions

“Alright, that should do it! Try to be more careful next time, okay?”

“Will do, doc.” I paid him (20 bits for a bandage? Seriously?), and walked over to my saddlebags, where Pinkie was waiting. Cringing, I prepared for the brutal onslaught on my ears.

“RATTIE!!! Oh, I’m sooooo glad you’re all better! Hey, you know what this calls for? A PARTY!!!!”

Owww…

Looking up, I realized she was now wearing a pastel cone on her head, and colored paper strips were raining down from… somewhere… Where was this stuff coming from?

I was snapped out of my confusion by a rumbling noise.

The rumbling could only mean one thing: the great beast, that foul creature was about to rear its ugly head, utterly destroying me as it had so many other ponies since the dawn of time itself.

Hunger.

***

One trip to the local market later, I sat down on a patch of dirt, quickly devouring my newly-bought chicken.

“Oh, ewwww! What are you doing, you can’t eat that!” Pinkie cried, trying in vain to knock it out of my hooves.

“Why not?”

“Because… because… It’s meat!”

“So? I eat meat all the time!”

“But meat comes from other living animals! It’s murder!” the pink mare protested.

“But it tastes good! And besides, it-”

Our argument was interrupted when a small colt walked over. “Excuse me, mister, but… who are you talking to?”

"Isn't it obvious?" i said, gesturing towards Pinkie.

The kid looked at me fearfully. “There… there’s nopony there, mister!”

“What? But she’s right there!”

The kid turned, running back into the market.

Okaaayyy…

“Alright, Pinkie, you’ve got some explaining to do. What are you, why can you pass through solid objects, what’s so important about that necklace, and why in Celestia’s name am I the only pony who can see you?”

“I’m a pony, I don’t know, it’s the element of laughter and I literally can’t go anywhere without it, and… I have no Idea,” she replied, smiling.

“What’s the element of laughter?”

“It’s my element of harmony.”

“What’s an “element of harmony”?”

“The elements of harmony are six magical gemstones that, together, hold the power to defeat great evil! Or, at least, that’s

what Twilight said.”

“Who?”

“Twilight Sparkle is-err, was- the princess’ personal student!”

“Wait, princess? As in princess Celestia?”

“Yeperooni!” she replied, smiling as always.

“Pinkie, just how old are you?”