• Published 5th Dec 2015
  • 3,057 Views, 847 Comments

I'm Offensive and I Take Offense - Gapeagle



Twilight and her friends arrive at a strange community where everypony seems...off. Whoops, the word "off" is too offensive.

  • ...
75
 847
 3,057

PreviousChapters Next
The Specter Smackers

"Darling, what are you reading?"

"Oh, hey Rarity! I was just looking at the newspaper. Some interesting stuff going on in the comic world."

"Comics? Why Twilight, are you into that sort of thing?"

"Oh no, I just like reading them so that I can have something to talk about with Spike. that's all."

Rarity walked over to Twilight, who was sitting on her throne. She was levitating several newspapers before her and had some others rolled up on the floor beside her. Being so desperate to read anything and everything, she was subscribed to many different magazines and newspapers.

"Good heavens, what are the Specter Smackers?" Rarity asked upon seeing the title of one article of a magazine.

"They were a comedic comic series that was around this group of stallions that fought against the paranormal," Twilight explained. "The article here is about how they all are mares now in the reboot."

Rarity scanned the page. "It seems they are being ill-treated..."

Twilight read on. "Well, according to this article and Starlight, this reboot is happening to provide diversity in comics and reduce sexism."

"I can already tell where this is going..." was the sigh from the fashion mare.

"And so, after they revealed it, the equal ponies are now angry due to the portrayal of the characters."

"But they wanted that, right?"

"Yes. I guess it just didn't work. You can never make these ponies happy, can you?"

They continued to read it. That was not the only thing. It was not much of an article that was mostly coming from the rowdy hear-say of other ponies. That and polls. Lots of polls. Rarity and Twilight giggled at the present irony, but did not speak more of it after they were done.

~ONE WEEK LATER~

"Hey Rarity!" Twilight waved at her friend. "Do you remember the article about the Specter Smackers last week?"

Rarity nodded and placed her bag on the Cutie Map, crushing some mountain. "Why yes. Is there something new about it?"

"Well, apparently the equal ponies are now saying it's sexist not to go buy it!" Twilight told her. "And that its dropping sales is proof of the ever-present patriarchy in Equestria."

"How in Equestria can anypony think there is a patriarchy when Equestria has never had a stallion as sole ruler of the land?"

Twilight shrugged. "It says here that rampant sexism is running throughout Equestria as misogynistic stallions are leading the charge to boycott this upcoming series. It also says that-"

"This is the reason why feminism needs to rise again!" screamed an interrupting voice.

Both mares looked up to see Starlight Glimmer with a frown on her face. The grumpy unicorn steadily walked up to them and forcibly snatched the magazine from Twilight's hooves. She then ran a quick eye through the whole page and threw it on the Cutie Map, absolutely wrecking Manehatten.

"And you tell me that there's no patriarchy, hmph!" she huffed.

"Wait, how is this proof?" Twilight raised a brow.

"Really? Hmph! It's proof because there's no other reason why ponies would choose to ignore such a loved franchise. I grew up with the Specter Smackers and I am in no way upset at this reboot. You know why? Because I'm not some misogynistic asshole! I-"

"You grew up with them? I thought by the time they first came out, you were isolated in a village way up north," Twilight crossed her legs.

"That...That was before that..." Starlight hesitated.

"Alright, then what is one of the Specter Smacker's names?" Twilight asked.

"Billy Hoofing?" Starlight said awkwardly.

"Wrong," Twilight barked. "See? You're not even a fan of the series, of course you don't care about the reboot!"

"Fine! I have no idea who these ponies are, but that is beside the damn point! What matters is that there is no difference between these mares and those stallions. They are the same characters and they are doing the same things, but it's because they are mares that these stallions and those idiotic mares refuse to buy the comics. Their childhoods are ruined because they can't perceive a mare doing what a stallion does."

"Well of course there are things a mare can't do that a stallion can," Rarity spoke. "Our biological and mental differences make our sexes able to do other things bett-"

"Shut it!" Starlight hissed. "Don't be a bitch."

Rarity sighed and rolled her eyes, but said nothing.

"I'm not sure that's the issue, Starlight," Twilight continued. "Um, I think it's because, well, by these images, the dialogue, and the designs, they look um...cheap."

"That's because you are bigoted against me!" Starlight growled. "Are you ever want to do is disagree with me on everything! Even on something like this, where all the proof is in my favor! Maybe if you weren't cissexual and had half a brain, you could see the oppression on mares in this country."

"Starlight, you're cissexual," Twilight deadpanned.

"No, I'm not! By Tartarus, I'm cisgendered! Get your terms right, you moron! Cissexual is having the sexual orientation that you were, ahem, 'born' with or have always identified with. I did not start as asexual, but later became asexual. So that means I am not cissexual. Cisgendered is identifying as the gender you were born as. I was born a mare, and I identify as a mare, so I've never been a transgender."

"I thought you were straight?" Twilight asked.

"Nope, I'm asexual." she stated.

"Sunburst would like to say otherwise," Rarity coughed in her hoof.

"Shut it!" Starlight growled even louder.

They all stopped when they heard a familiar voice mumble in the hallway. Their ears perked up as a young dragon became louder and louder as he approached.

"Twilight!" Spike roared from the halls before entering the throne room. "Twilight! I just...I just have to speak my mind. It's about the new Specter Smackers!"

Spike stood there before the three mares and his cheeks were bright red against his purple scales. His claws were clenched around a magazine much like Twilight's. His was a little dragon ball of anger of the moment.

"What is it, Spike?" Twilight asked.

"It's...I..." he couldn't speak right in his anger. "It's this reboot! The characters are nothing like they were before! The dialogue sucks! I could draw the images better! Everything is a damn ripoff and unoriginal! I never wanted this to happen! No one wanted a reboot! It all sucks! It all sucks! I'm not going to buy this comic series ever! I ain't giving them a bit of my money! I earned it and I ain't gonna give it to these idiots! Thinking they can make money off a cheap reboot that is progressive and yet racist at the same time? Not ever from me! Twilight, I'm just so fucking peeved at this right now!"

Rarity gasped at the choice of words. Twilight frowned at her little brother. "Spike we never use the word 'peeved!'"

"Spike, I thought a pansexual dragon would understand this better. You are just as misogynistic as the others!" Starlight huffed.

"Miso-what now?" Spike blinked.

"She means you distrust females and believe they shouldn't have any authority," Twilight explained.

"What? Because of the new Specter Smackers? Pfft, it's not because they are mares, it's because it sucks! It's just a cash grab using the name of a beloved franchise. That's why I hate it. Not because they are mares," Spike said.

"Well...I....fine, I give up," Starlight threw her hooves in the air.

"We win?" Twilight gasped excitedly.

"No, you guys just don't get it. Keep on with your lives and continue being little bitches. I'm outta here!"

With that, Starlight stomped out of the throne room. The three watched her leave with blinking eyes. They were used to her storming off, but they never got tired of watching it in bewilderment. When she had left, they all looked at each other.

"Hmph, mares," Rarity shook her head. "I am one and not even I understand them fully...."

=

Author's Note:

"THE POWER OF PETTY COMPELS YOU!!!!"

PreviousChapters Next