• Published 5th Dec 2015
  • 3,051 Views, 847 Comments

I'm Offensive and I Take Offense - Gapeagle



Twilight and her friends arrive at a strange community where everypony seems...off. Whoops, the word "off" is too offensive.

  • ...
75
 847
 3,051

PreviousChapters Next
Season 6: Bonus: Prince(cess)

Author's Note:

Haven't seen the Season 6 previews?



Get. Out. Now.

"Ugh look at that thing..."

"Honey! That's our daughter!"

"I know....she just looks like you too much..."

"...Ouch."

Cadance and Shining Armor inspected their child princess who was smiling in her little crib. Flurry Heart's wings were spread wide and her little hoofs tried to reach out of her parents. Cadance tried to smile back at the little one but she grunted and looked at her husband instead.

"The only thing she's got are my wings..." she grunted.

"Honey, what's with ya? You're grumpy," Shining observed.

"I just had childbirth. I'm pretty freakin' pissed right now. Do you even realize how much pain I went through?"

"Well...no..."

"I did everything! All for this little runt that'll grow up and fight me on a day to day basis!"

"I helped..." Shining nervously said.

"You did a pretty poor job there too. Ugh..."

"I'm...I'm sorry..."

"Hey Cadance, hey Shining!" Twilight called to them as she entered the room. "How's my new niece?"

"She's doing great! Ya finally arrived from Ponyville?" Shining said in his usual bro voice.

"Yeah. It's crazy over there these days. Just....crazy," Twilight tried to sound optimistic.

Twilight was about to continue, but she was forcefully shoved over from behind by an angry pink unicorn. Starlight Glimmer stood over Twilight with a mad snarl that the latter could not see because her face was firmly planted in the crystal floor.

"You horrid parents!" the mad unicorn yelled at the young couple.

"Who are you?" Cadance annoyingly asked.

"I am the pony who's going to show you the errors of your ways, princess," Starlight brought her sass with her.

Starlight stomped over to Flurry Heart's crib and gestured her with with an oustretched hoof. "You have already called her a princess."

Shining Armor and Cadance looked at each other before raising their brows. "So?" Cadance asked. "Are you one of those ponies who believe she shouldn't have a title because of royal birth?"

Starlight blinked. "What? No! It's that you have already given her a gender!"

"Huh?" Shining could huh scrunch his face in confusion.

"Do I really have to explain it?" Starlight sighed.

"Yup," all three other ponies said at once, though Twilight's words sounded only likely a muffle "hmph."

"She's Princess Flurry Heart before she can even speak. You two are raising her with a female gender. She ought to have a choice in the matter. The best way to raise a child is to raise her/him genderless until they choose a gender to be."

"But you just said she can't speak yet, how will she know which gender she is?" Cadance ventured.

"Why, a pony can be born with the wrong type of brain," Starlight explained casually. "And she'll know in due time."

"I can tell," Shining remarked under his breath.

"Flurry could be a colt trapped in a filly's body for all we know," Starlight continued. "It's best to not dictate what she should be. It's her choice, not the parent's."

Cadance looked about in a frustrated manner before snorting in a very horse-like way. "Have you ever raised a child?"

"Nope, nor do I ever plan to," Starlight chuckled. "I don't need a stallion or a child in my life."

"Yet you come in here like you know better than us?"

"Well, you haven't raised a child either, so that is not a point to be made. You shouldn't look at me like that, I'm trying to help you and her or possibly him," she finished by pointing at the little princess again.

"I gave birth to that winged monster," Cadance growled, "and I'm gonna love her to death! I won't have some nobody unicorn come in and tell me how to love my little girl!"

"But she could not be a girl. Listen to me-"

"No! She's my cute little princess and she's staying that way!"

"Then you will traumatize and abuse her! If she decides she's a colt, are you going to punish her for that, huh? Are you gonna lock her up until she is forced to be what she isn't? A good parent will help her choose her own path, not dictate it like some royal fundamentalist!"

Cadance jumped up and down. "Go away!"

"Or if she decides her sexual orientation? Will you tie her to a whipping post if she decides to be lesbian or bisexual? Huh? Will you force her into pink dresses if she finds out she is in the wrong body and wants to be a transgender?"

"She's a freakin' little foal! What does she know? She can't even say 'momma' or anything!" Shining interjected.

"I tell you these things for the sake of Flurry Heart. I don't want her to be another victim of child abuse, physical or mental. However, you two seem like awful and forceful parents! Maybe you should hand her over to some more progressive couples to handle."

Starlight picked up Flurry Heart with her magic. Cadance's face turned red her horn fired up. Before Starlight could do anything, she was rightfully blasted away by a beam of magic. The unicorn screamed as she was blown through the Palace wall and sent hurling below. Little Flurry Heart was released and she gently fell back in her crib, laughing hysterically all the way.

"No one touches my little girl!!" Cadance roared.

Shining Armor cowered away from his furious wife. Twilight was wide-eyed by the whole thing. Cadance stood there, breathing heavily as smoke emitted from the tip of her horn. She then walked over to the crib and her entire expression changed instantly.

"Aw! Who's my little princess? Huh?" she started doting on the little foal. "You are so cute for being a little pain in my-"

Twilight and Shining looked at each other.

"Uhh...I think we should go," Shining uttered.

"Sure. I think that's smart," Twilight agreed.

"So, do ya think Starlight survived that?" he asked as they left the cheerful mother.

Twilight nodded. "She had to. And I probably have to pay for her medical bills....again..."

=

PreviousChapters Next