• Published 5th Dec 2015
  • 3,051 Views, 847 Comments

I'm Offensive and I Take Offense - Gapeagle



Twilight and her friends arrive at a strange community where everypony seems...off. Whoops, the word "off" is too offensive.

  • ...
75
 847
 3,051

PreviousChapters Next
When Sharpies™ Attack!

"Sunburst! Sunburst! Help!"

"Starlight?" a certain failed wizard came rushing towards her marefriend. "What is it?"

"It's THAT!"

Starlight pointed a scared hoof at a fountain in the middle of the Canterlot park they were in. Her teeth chattered in fear, her lips quivered, and her eyes bugged out in pure fright. Sunburst gasped upon seeing the dastardly fountain, but soon raised a brow and looked at his marefriend curiously.

"What's wrong with it? It's a fountain," he said simply.

"It's the fountain, you idiot!" Starlight grabbed his confused face. "It's the words that have been written on it!"

Sunburst gently removed her hooves and walked over to the seemingly evil fountain. He magically adjusted his glasses to see the vandalizing text that was on the old marble. There in thick black lines said the words "FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC."

"What's so bad about these words?" he asked nervously.

"Sunburst, you idiot!" Starlight snarled as she too approached the fountain. "There is clearly a radical Twilight supporter here in this very park! What is written here is one of Twilight's slanderous slogans. Anypony who utters it is an obvious bigoted supporter of that evil Princess of Friendship."

"Um, isn't Twilight your friend?" Sunburst adjusted his glasses again.

"Well, only on Tuesdays and Fridays."

"Well then, why are you afraid of somepony supporting Twilight?"

"Sunburst, that's a really stupid question. It's pretty clear that whoever wrote that there is willing to hurt or kill anyone who doesn't support Twilight. You and I are in danger here!"

"It's just ink on stone..."

Starlight pressed closer to him. "Permanent ink on stone."

"Alright? Starlight, I think you may be overreacting..."

"It's because I'm a mare isn't it?" Starlight turned hostile. "Your misogynistic side is showing, bub."

"Sorry!" Sunburst gulped. "I...I just think that the supporter is not here anymore."

"You don't know that for sure! We need to be on our guard, he or she could swipe in and kill us! Of course, we're both unicorns, so we have a bit more protection, but nonetheless, a Twilight supporter is a more than willing to assault us for our views!"

"Then what should we do?"

"Tell the Royal Guard of course!"


"That's stupid," the Royal Guard told them both.

"How?!" Starlight jumped in the air. "It's a real imminent threat!"

"What? The threat of vandalizing?" the Royal Guard chuckled. "Ya know, I heard you vandalized the Ponyville parks. Is this another one of your works?"

"Ugh! No!" Starlight rolled her eyes. "Look, you're a pegasus, you should understand our concern."

He lazily glanced at his wings which poked out from the golden armor. "Why is me being a pegasus a deal here?"

Starlight rolled her eyes. "Because we all know that Twilight is against pegasi. She's a stuck-up unicorn that was turned into an alicorn, which is even worse. Whoever wrote that on the fountain clearly wants more unicorn superiority."

"Princess Twilight is one of the nicest ponies in all of Equestria," the Royal Guard rebuked.

"Ugh! Are you being paid to say that or something? You're a pegasus, you're an oppressed minority!"

"What in Tartarus are ya talkin' about?" the Royal Guard stepped away from her. "Pegasi aren't oppressed or a minority."

"Oh you poor thing," Starlight swept in and hugged the soldier. "You don't even know how unfairly you are being treated."

"Are you suggesting I'm dumb?"

"Not you, but those awful unicorns are trying to keep ponies like you dumb. It's the terrible state this country is in."

The Royal Guard then looked passed Starlight (who was still hugging him) and raised an annoyed brow at Sunburst. The "important" wizard shrugged his shoulders in completely embarrassed bewilderment. The Royal Guard returned his attention to the odd unicorn mare.

"Lady, please let go of me."

"Have you realized how much they've lied to you?" she whispered in his ear.

"No, I just realized that ya need help, lady. From ya record, I'm surprised we let ya go about in public. I'm not an oppressed minority and Twilight supporters are not gonna kill ya."

Starlight took a step back and frowned at him. "Oh! Way to be a damn parrot, you moron! Don't you realize all the racism present in Equestria?"

"If there was such racism, would I be in the military? Ain't it racist that a unicorn is telling me, a pegasus, that I'm bloody oppressed? I think I'm damn smart enough to know when ponies don't like me cause I have a pair of wings. Now get outta here."

"See Sunburst?" Starlight sighed. "This is what I've been talking about. The racism is so prominent in Equestria that the oppressed don't even realize they're oppressed. It truly sickens me."

"Uh huh, yeah," Sunburst agreed only in voice as he was shaking his head.

Starlight looked back at him. "Come on, we came here to get Luna anyway. But hey, we got more proof that pegasi are a marginalized minority, didn't we?"

"Uh huh, yeah," he repeated in the exact same way.

"Damn unicorns, I'll never understand any of them hornheads," the Royal Guard muttered with absolute disgust as he watched the couple leave.

=

Author's Note:

#Twilight2016

#MakeFriendshipMagicAgain

PreviousChapters Next