• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 385 Views, 3 Comments

Jongoji245's The Return of Tambelon - Jongoji245



500 years have passed, and the City of Shadows is looking once again for prized fighters

  • ...
 3
 385

Epilogue (New Timeline)

Cosgrove opened his eyes again, seeing himself now in a hospital bed. He gave a very long yawn as he stretched his front legs. Just at the end of his yawn, a dark mustard colored doctor unicorn came in.

“Ah, you’re awake.” The doctor lifted a small flashlight with his magic and approached the young Hipparion. He shined the light on his patient’s knee before slowly raising it to the colt’s eyes.

“Okay, follow the light.”

Cosgrove's emerald eyes tracked the light as it shined in one direction at a time. The doctor then placed the flashlight down before lifting up a small rubber hammer. The colt was asked to sit up with his knees exposed.

The doctor then gave a small tap, causing the lower leg to jolt up in response.

“Okay, you check out fine. I will send the paperwork to your escorts and you’ll be on your way.”

After the doctor left the room, the colt then hopped off the bed and began stretching his legs. He then walked around the room as his body weight began to apply to his sleepy limbs. He scratched his head, wondering who his escorts are. He then sat on a chair just when the door opened. The hospital doors were pushed open as the young Hipparion walked out and took in his first breath of fresh air in a long while. He then looked behind him to find his escorts.

It was Lion Tamer and Loopty Hoop. But their expressions were not much pleasant. The two middle-aged Earth Ponies kept silent as they walked towards their home.

Upon arrival, the three stopped to find Sunset Shimmer sitting in front of Night Dancer’s cemetery, looking down at the carved letters in the stone. Cosgrove looked to find his grandparents still looking at him with furrowed eyebrows.

The Hipparion walked over and sat next to her. After sitting for some time, he slowly moved his eyes left, noticing the Unicorn's snout started to clench as her peripherals spotted his yellow and purple fur. Loopty Hoop looked at her husband, who still kept watch as he waited for the conversation to unfold.

A little rustling of grass made Cosgrove's head turn to find Sunset now with her body turned to him, retaining the exact same look.

“When you first moved to Ponyville, I wrote to Princess Celestia that I promised to make things right for you. The reason I made those rules when you agreed to study magic was so it would be less stressful for me.” Raising a hoof, Cosgrove winced back before the limb wrapped around his neck, pulling him into a deep embrace - “Don't ever pull something like that again.”

Cosgrove teared up before hugging her. He had braved death and had finally come home.

The Hipparion and Unicorn looked back to the two earth ponies before walking towards the house. They walked a few steps into the house before the door shut on its own. The light suddenly flicked open, revealing a whole menagerie of ponies. The Mane Six, Cosgrove's classmates, his friends and their families, a few additional guests, even Princess Luna and Celestia was there as well.

"Welcome Home, Cosgrove!" A party cannon was shot behind them after saying that. The colt gave a small smile before walking over to a table.

"Welcome back, little britches." Said Applejack as she handed him a slice of Fluttershy's carrot cake.

Just as Cosgrove was about to eat, a medal was wrapped around his neck. He looked behind him and found that it was Princess Luna who wrapped the medal around him.

"For thy acts of bravery." - Luna turned to the others involved in the battle as they lifted their medals “You and your friends have proven that acts of courage can happen to even in our youngest of individuals.”

Cosplay gave a warm smile as Chelsey, Zipper, Diver, Cogsworth, Apple bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo and the rest gave him a group hug.

It was six o'clock when the majority of the guests left the house. Cosgrove was just finished washing the dishes as Lion Tamer and Loopty Hoop were loading the fridge with leftovers. As the two earth ponies made their bed, they looked at the colt.

The two earth ponies, Unicorn, and Hipparion colt laid down on their beds, wrapping a blanket around them, embracing the warmth of the cloth.

Comments ( 2 )

I want to say about this article, uummm this is amazing and nice post helix jump

I was just checking my stats and I noticed the painting with the highest rating xem truc tiep bong da hom nay

Login or register to comment