• Published 30th Sep 2015
  • 2,053 Views, 25 Comments

Dragon of Steel - SuperPinkBrony12



A Superman crossover fic, featuring Spike as the titular superhero. Spike learns the truth about his origins, and embraces his role as a savior for all of Equestria. But there's one stallion who's not happy about this..

  • ...
9
 25
 2,053

A Set Up

At this point, Spike no longer cared how he looked. He could care less if ponies saw him and recognized him. All he could think about was Filthy Rich. And the more he thought about it, the more he suspected that something was going on.

Filthy Rich hardly struck Spike as the kind of pony who would kill millions of innocent lives, just to prove a point. And neither did he seem like the kind of pony who would ponynap someone with a high social profile like Rarity.

"Filthy Rich must be taking orders from someone, or at least facing pressure from someone," Spike thought to himself, as he neared Ponyville "One way or another, I'll get the answers out of Filthy Rich! He can't hide anything from me!"

Upon landing in Ponyville, and reaching Barnyard Bargains, Spike's resolve was hardened. But when he reached the same back entrance that Filthy Rich had lured him to not too long ago he was surprised to see that Filthy Rich was nowhere in sight.

Even after Spike walked through the door, and into Filthy Rich's office, there was still no sign of the stallion, or the egg shaped suit of armor he'd been wearing.

"What are you doing here?" Diamond Tiara asked Spike, even though she could already guess what the answer was.

"I'm looking for Filthy Rich, where is he?!" Spike demanded "There's something I need to discuss with him!"

"Daddy's been carted off to jail, and I know Mother's not going to bother paying the bail money," Diamond Tiara explained, and sighed "They took Randolph as well, so it looks like I'm stuck trying to put up with my mother's behavior, until the trial at least."

"But don't you have friends?" Spike asked "Couldn't one of their families take you in for the time being?"

"Don't you think I've already tried that?!" Diamond Tiara complained "From the moment they took Father away, I've been trying to find a place to stay where I can be safe from Mother. Unfortunately, none of them can help me. Mother is quite insistent on keeping me here."

"Well, tell you what, if you tell me where I can find your father, I'll see if I can find a way to convince Spoiled Rich to let you stay with somepony else's family for the time being." Spike offered.

"Really? You'd do that for me?" Diamond Tiara asked. Spike nodded. "Thank you, Sp... I mean, Super Dragon." Diamond Tiara smiled, and proceeded to tell Spike the information he needed to know.


Filthy Rich was feeling rather sorry for himself, as he sulked in his prison cell. "So much for trying to please the higher ups," he thought to himself "It'll take a miracle to save my company's reputation at this point."

Just then, there was a thunderous crash, and a noticeable dragon shaped hole appeared in the rear prison wall.

Since he was no longer in his suit, Filthy Rich jumped and moved carefully away from the disturbance, as Super Dragon swooped in.

"Leave me alone! Can't you see I'm humilated enough without you around?!" Filthy Rich complained.

Spike was not intimidated by Filthy Rich's words, he merely flew forward, and grabbed Filthy Rich by the neck. "Talk!" he demanded.

"I beg your pardon?" Filthy Rich asked nervously.

"I said talk!" Spike demanded, tightening his grip on Filthy Rich "Drop the act, I know you're not the mastermind! Those missiles were never intended to be loaded, were they?!"

"Please, you must believe me, I never would've launched them if I'd know," Filthy Rich pleaded "The whole intent was to use empty missiles to humilate you, and make everypony question their trust in you! They weren't supposed to be filled with explosives!"

"Who gave you the missiles?!" Spike demanded "I want answers! So tell me, unless you'd like to spend the rest of your days growing back all of your hair!"

"I don't know, honest," Filthy Rich insisted "We never met face to face!"

"Why should I believe that's true?! Give me one good reason why I should take your word for it!" Spike said angrily.

"What could I possibly stand to gain by lyin' to you?" Filthy Rick asked "I swear, I never met the clients directly. They just communicated with me through scrolls. They sent me instructions to follow, and promised me huge sums of money if I agreed to do as they said without question."

"What are their names?!" Spike asked.

"They never said." Filthy Rich said nervously.

"What?!" Spike exclaimed "Do you honestly expect to believe that?!"

"It's true, I swear!" Filthy Rich pleaded desperately "Their names were never given, even on the scrolls. I even sent a scroll asking for their names, and they said I didn't need to know. Then they threatened to back out on me, unless I agreed not to ask questions."

"Is there anything about those scrolls that could indicate who they are, or where they came from?" Spike asked Filthy Rich, finally loosening his grip a little "Any leads would be a big help."

"Well, there is one thing," Filthy Rich replied, and pondered for a moment "I seem to recall their scrolls containing the seal of the Dragon Empire, but I could've sworn I was seein' things when I saw it. But they appeared on every scroll, includin' the one that came with the request to build a portal."

"Ah, that explains why you had such a thing in your office," Spike realized "Anything else?"

"That's all I can remember, I swear!" Filthy Rich insisted.

"You better hope it is, for your sake!" Spike threatened, and shot a laser beam at the mirror in Filthy Rich's cell, shattering it "Consider that a warning. If I find you lied to me, that mirror won't be the only thing that breaks." And he disappeared back through the hole he had made.


"So, Filthy Rich has failed?" Garble asked, as he read the news "Well, that doesn't surprise me." He and his friends, Grunt and Groan, were currently resting atop a pile of jewels and stollen goods inside of their own isolated cave.

"I knew it was a mistake to trust a namby pamby pony." Grunt complained.

"Guess that means it's up to us to finish the job, huh?" Groan asked Garble.

"That's right," Garble said with a fiendish smile "I don't know who that Spike thinks he is, running around playing superhero, but his fantasy is about to come crashing down!"

"But how are we supposed to hurt him? He has no weaknesses, except for glowing green gems, and there's no way we can get our claws on those." Grunt asked Garble.

"There's more than one way to skin a cat, boys." Garble explained.

"You saying he's got another weakness?" Groan asked.

Garble nodded "That namby pamby pony known as Rarity. He's clealry smitten with her."

"So you're saying, we hurt her to get to him?" Grunt asked.

"Sounds like a good idea to me," Groan smirked "I'm all for hurting ponies."

"Patience, boys," Garble said, silencing the two of them "We've got to wait, and plan this out. We need to make sure we strike when the time is right."

Author's Note:

And so, this fic ends.

Garble and his followers represent General Zodd and his companions. And they will appear in the sequel.

Comments ( 8 )

Awesome story! I'm really looking forward to the sequel :twilightsmile:

7296379 It's a soft reboot, because in it Superman leaves Earth after the events of Superman II, thus meaning Superman III and Superman IV: The Quest for Peace never happened.

Is there going to be a continuous story about this

9342281 Hopefully, sometime next year. I intend for there to be a crossover based off of the Season 2 episode of Superman the Animated Series called "World's Finest", which was a crossover with Batman the Animated Series.

Okay

Please update soon

10503690 Not to worry, the long awaited sequel is on its way at last. It should be out next week, hopefully on June 5.

What would Doomsday be in this universe?

Login or register to comment