• Published 12th Oct 2015
  • 971 Views, 35 Comments

Letters From War: the Complete History of the War for Solar Resurgence - Jade Ring



A story of love, loss, victory, and defeat told through a collection of letters spread across the War for Solar Resurgence.

  • ...
3
 35
 971

The Eventual Fates of Some Notable Figures of the War

Macintosh Apple returned to Sweet Apple Acres and set about using the special seeds left behind by his sister to begin the recovery process. His efforts were successful, as the orchards of apple trees were restored in less than a year’s time. Macintosh was named a Hero of the Land and received a statue in the Hall of Heroes. He was known to quip that he’d “take yer word that it looks nice.” He married Sugar Belle and passed away of natural causes at the age of 87. He left behind five children, fourteen grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren.

Jade Ring surrendered Las Pegasus peacefully and was arrested as a traitor. He was one of the few not granted clemency and was hanged. He maintained loyalty to Luna until the very end.

Apple Bloom Apple was on death’s door when the Army of the New Dawn liberated Sweet Apple Acres. She saw the end of the war from a hospital bed. She eventually recovered enough to be the one to pull the lever at the execution of Jade Ring. She returned to the place of her birth and remained on the farm until dying at the age of 65. She never married.

Sweetie Belle was named a Hero of the Land and received a statue in the Hall of Heroes for her broadcasts during the duration of the war. She received further accolades for her opera ‘Our Darkest Days,’ productions of which continue to this day. She passed away after complications from pneumonia at the age of 94.

Shining Armor refused the title of Hero of the Land and returned to the Crystal Empire. He never returned to Equestria and died only six years after the end of the war. His cause of death has never been released.

Princess Cadance was unable to break her bond with the Crystal Heart and must remain in the boundaries of the Crystal Empire for all time. She accepts this burden as a fair price for her role in ending Luna’s reign.

Lieutenant Scootaloo of the New Lunar Army successfully appealed for clemency and accepted a post in Princess Celestia’s Royal Guard. She was killed in the line of duty at age 27, protecting Celestia from a pro-Luna attacker.

Fluttershy refused the title of Hero of the Land and left Equestria to explore the Great Unknown. Her eventual fate is… unknown.

Braeburn Apple was captured in Zebrica and successfully appealed for clemency. He promptly fled Equestria once again, never to return. His eventual fate is unknown.

General Soarin was also captured in Zebrica, but was formally charged as a war criminal. He was one of the few executed for his crimes. He was 29.

Starlight Glimmer was granted the position of Chief Instructor at the re-opened School for Gifted Unicorns. She passed away at the age of 78.

Moon Dancer was named a Hero of the Land and received a statue in the Hall of Heroes. She was named Headmare of Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns, a position she held until her death from a heart attack at 70.

Cheese Sandwich resumed his original quest to bring laughter to all of the world. His eventual fate is unknown.

Diamond Tiara Apple-Rich returned to the ruins of Ponyville and began the process of restoring the town. Upon construction’s completion, she was summarily elected Mayor, a position she held for three terms. She retired to Sweet Apple Acres, welcomed as one of the family, and passed away there at the age of 80. She left behind a granddaughter named Silvy.

Rainbow Dash sealed herself in Luna’s tower following her leader’s defeat. She was found there the next day, having apparently taken her own life by drinking a draught of hemlock. She left behind a note attempting to explain her actions. The true meaning of the message is debated in universities to this day. Her remains were taken and buried by Pinkie Pie, the only one of her surviving friends to forgive her.

Pinkie Pie returned to her rock farm where she passed away at the age of 93. She never married.

Princess Celestia is still the sole ruler of Equestria.

Solis Nubis Providet.

Comments ( 8 )

what about Sunset Shimmer? did she play any sort of role in the war?

And so ends a dark chapter in the annals of what might have been. Good to see that those who remained were able to move on.

9859636
Sadly, no. She remained on her side of the mirror.

9863667
Well at least she is alive

Shining Armor refused the title of Hero of the Land and returned to the Crystal Empire. He never returned to Equestria and died only six years after the end of the war. His cause of death has never been released.

Cadance and Shining parted ways ??

10426606
Well, he died. Cadance can't.

So... Yeah.

10426864
Lol xD, poor little flurry

I love this series sm :) I do desperately want to know what happened between Celestia and Luna when they had their final fight, what was done/said? What happened to Spike?, and how is Celestia doing now?

I'd love to see more villain Luna stories from you :)

Login or register to comment