• Published 17th Jul 2015
  • 3,286 Views, 41 Comments

Survivor - Nightcall



William "Bill" Overbeck finds himself in a unfamiliar land...

  • ...
11
 41
 3,286

Chapter 5

Bill fired his rifle at the rather numerous horde of infected. Most wore nurse and doctors uniforms. Others, just normal clothing. And the majority of the infected were female. Bill recalled at the hospital, that it was rather busy. Half the staff was tending to the patients, and they were waiting for more nurses who were off shift. Damn, you do remember weird things in near-death experiences...

Bill fired another burst from his rifle at the remaining few. A lot of the partygoers were hurt in the attack, presumably infected as well.

"Ah, this is going to hell in a hand-basket real fast..." Bill grumbled as he finished the remaining infected. Corpses of the infected laid on the street and part of the library. Twilight was healed up, but wasn't displaying symptoms.

"Are... are they gone?" Twilight asked meekly.

Bill looked over the corpses.

"All, clear! Let's clean this me-" Bill was cut off by something wrapping around him, constricting him, and then dragging him. "No, no, no, no, NOOO!" Bill was dragged off to the roof of a near by building. He felt himself being dragged, bumping into corpses of infected and those who attended the party alike.

Fluttershy saw Bill getting dragged off by the tendril-thing. She spotted his rifle laying on the ground. She ran to it and picked it up. Aiming down the sights of the heavy rifle, she spotted what was dragging bill off. Lining up the rear sight with the front, she fired a burst. The rifle jumped in her hands, but her aim was true. The three round burst hit the creature in the arm, chest, and its tendril-like tongue.

The tongue snapped, and Bill freed himself from the slimy organ.

"Thanks kid. Good shooting." Bill said thankfully.

Fluttershy didn't feel right. She had saved Bill's life, sure, but she had killed something. She knew she had to, but she didn't want to.

"That Smoker wasn't a pony..." Bill began. "That Smoker was a creature from hell, bent on wiping us from the face of existence."

"But killing is wrong, no matter what." Fluttershy said timidly.

"...Yeah, it is." Bill answered. How the hell are there Smokers here now!? How long has the virus been here!? "Twilight," The mare in question looked at Bill. "...How many people got sick before I got here?"

"A few days..." Twilight then realized what this was, but she doubted it before. "But... I-it can't... This is your 'Green Flu', isn't it?" Everyone present was shocked to hear this.

"Yeah. Exactly like it." How the hell is it here? "Where did the pony's infected, well, get infected?"

"W-whitetail Woods..." Twilight remembered a message from her brother yesterday. "Royal Guard is in there! Th-they're probably infected, too!"

"...Shit." Bill was thinking of something. An idea came into Bill's mind. "How much was the hospital's max capacity?"

"One hundred and thirty-five." A pony from the crowd said.

"There must've been only fifty of them here... Alright people! Listen up!" Bill shouted, and the ponies began to listen. "I need all of ya to head around town to find anyone who isn't infected, and take 'em to the train station! And take something blunt or sharp with you!"

"Why?"

"...Because there could be more out there." Most understood Bill's caution. "Alright, let's go, everyone! People's lives 're depending on us!"

The crowd grabbed anything that could bash a skull in and went to look for survivors.

Bill went inside the library and checked on those who were bit or hurt but not dead. When he opened the door, he heard a low growl that was all too familiar... Horseshit, they're here too? Bill raised his rifle and cautiously looked around the library. He quickly checked the mag in his weapon, and it was full. Putting it back into the weapon, he proceeded forward.

Then a shrill roar was heard by anyone nearby, and Bill was pounced on. The Hunter tearing Bill apart was none other than...

"RAINBOW DASH!" He heard Fluttershy scream.

"GET HER OFF!" Bill shouted loudly while trying to prevent himself from dying.

The Hunter was shoved off, and Bill pulled out his pistol.

"Sorry, kid..." He said solemnly and then he fired the gun.

A bang was heard, and a bullet went soaring through the infected Rainbow Dash's skull. Blood and brain matter went flying from the back of her skull, staining the wall behind her. She fell back with her head against the wall. A pool of blood began to form under the deceased Rainbow Dash.

"No,nononono..." Fluttershy crouched down and held the corpse. "Please, not her, not my Dashie..." Fluttershy sobbed as she held Rainbow's corpse.

"I'm sorry, kid." Bill put a hand on her back, and he left the library, leaving Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash in peace. Twilight, Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie Pie entered the library, and saw the corpse.

The girls went to comfort and mourn the loss of one of their own.

God watch over our sorry asses...


"Lyra, any luck with that house?" Vinyl said while returning from a home not far from Sugarcube Corner.

"No... Most are already empty,"

"That's impossible, they can't be all empty yet, they jus-"

"To anypony who can hear this, proceed to Ponyville Train Station for evacuation! The sick have taken over the town!"

That woke the dead. The infected appeared from everywhere. They all ran to the train station, to what caused the loud noise.

"Oh, goddesses above..."


"To anypony who can hear this, proceed to Ponyville Train Station for evacuation! The sick have taken over the town!"

"Ah son of a bitch, they just woke the dead..." Bill said sourly.

"What do you mean?" Asked a choked up Twilight.

"The infected are drawn to noise." The girls paled at this. "Screw it, it may be our only shot... Come on! Let's get to that Station!"

"Bu-but that's on the other of town! How can we get there without encountering any infected!" Twilight retorted.

"We just have to." The other girls were silent. Pinkie's hair deflated, and her skin seemed darker. Applejack's eyes were puffy from crying, as were Rarity's and Twilight's. Fluttershy... She seemed to cease entirely.

"Come on, we gotta get the hell outta here before the infected wander over here." The girls reluctantly went, and them and Bill made their way to the train station.


"LYRA!" Yelled the grey mare with black hair and violet eyes, who's name was Octavia. "Where's Vinyl?"

"T-they got her!" Lyra was breaking down. Tears were openly streaming down her face. "T-hey g-go her a-and they... they..." Lyra couldn't finish, and a sobbing Octavia was comforting the unicorn.

"Come on! We must board the train!"

"No! There are people trapped in the Town Hall, the Princess and her friends are still at the library! W-we have to gather some people and save them!" Lyra bawled.

"NO! That's suicide! I already lost so many, I don't want to lose you too..." Octavia was crying harder at her lover's proposal.

"I. Have. To." Lyra said sternly. "I will return." Said an stern yet emotional Lyra as she stormed off the train platform in search of the Princess and co., and those stuck in Town Hall.


"They're all over us!"

"We can't hold out!"

"Oh, Gods, they've breached the door!"

"L-look at the size of it!!"

"UPSTAIRS! NOW!"


"Come on people! Train station dead ahead!" Bill shouted. They managed to reach it by sprinting the way there, along with someone who found them at Sugarcube Corner.

"Run as fast as yer legs can carry ya!" Applejack yelled as she sprinted while carrying Fluttershy.

"Come on! Come on..." Twilight said while running.

"WE GOT MORE PEOPLE!" Shouted Lyra.

Bill and the ponies jumped onto the train platform, and onto the train. They entered what seemed like a second class car.

"We made it! I-I can't believe we made it!" Rarity sighed as she sank into a chair.

"Girl, there's always more to this..." A loud, menacing roar broke the cheers of the ponies aboard the train. "Tank!" Bill shouted as he opened a window and spotted the grotesque infected. Bill aimed his rifle and fired, hitting the beast as it ran to the train. Bill's rifle signaled the engineer as well as the Tank's roar to get the hell out of there.

The train lurched forward and began to move. The Tank ripped a piece of the cobblestone street out of the ground and threw it at the train. It hit the car behind the one Bill and the ponies were in.

"Luckily that one was empty..." Lyra said.

Bill kept firing, until his magazine went dry.

"Reloading!" Bill said as he reloaded.

He took up aim once again, as the train was going faster. The Tank became smaller and smaller as the train kept going. Bill stopped firng when the Tank was out of sight. He lowered his rifle and sighed. He took a seat next to Twilight.

"Hell of a welcoming party..." Bill exhaled.

The Town of Ponyville fell within a day of infection. That proved that the ponies were as underprepared as humanity was.

"That Tank wasn't a pony. It was human." The ponies looked at Bill as he pulled out a cigarette. "It seems I wasn't the only one to get here."

Bill lit the cigarette and took a long drag.

"There's something more to it."

Author's Note:

Ponyville has fallen in a day. Shit. And Rainbow Dash is dead.

I want to hear what you thought was going to happen in this story! Did you think that this would happen? Or would Bill just live in peace?

Comments ( 19 )

and it's tendril-like tongue.

*its

Hmm I'm wondering if twilight is immune... Nah. :twilightangry2:Balrglargalrg omnomnom

6220289 What if I said Immune? Asymptomatic Carrier? or TAAAANNK!

6220357 'twilight sneezes and kills a city'

Witch!!!!!!!1!1!

I had a feeling that the green flu would show up. Bill would still probably be an asymptomatic carrior even after showing up in Equestria.

Now I wonder... Are the survivors from left for dead 2 asymptomatic? Or are they completely immuned?

6236079 They are referred to as Tango Mikes, if I remember correctly.

6236109 I thought that was a military term? Like how people in the army/military/whatever force use nicknames for things instead of saying the object's full name.

6236122 Yes, it is a military term. It means Typhoid Mary, and Typhoid Mary was a known asymptomatic carrier for the typhus disease.

I thought that Bill was gonna get an old man erection in public because he's to school for cool.
38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq4vqiRa9r1qf0tlso1_250.gif

6331460 It involves a certain agency that was called in during the time of infection...

Did Rainbow get a cool hooded jacket!?

This story is awesome must have more please MAKE MORE

I honestly didn't like RD dying regardless if she was infected or not.

Knew it would happen, was hoping otherwise. Give us moar plz

6439067 YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE- No

I want MORE!!!

is this going ever going to have a chapter 6?????

Login or register to comment