• Published 17th Jul 2015
  • 3,286 Views, 41 Comments

Survivor - Nightcall



William "Bill" Overbeck finds himself in a unfamiliar land...

  • ...
11
 41
 3,286

Prologue

Survivor

A Left 4 Dead/My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

By DadMyNamesNotTimmy

Prologue

“Zoey...”

“…Louis...”

“…Francis...”

“You’re safe.”

Bill lay dying on the floor of the generator room he had hidden himself in. He could hear the off-sync, thundering steps of three Tanks coming to finish the elderly man off in a brutal fashion. Bill pulled up his ever-so-trusty M-16 assault rifle, inserted the last magazine and cocked the rifle. He looked at the doorway. The Tanks stopped, and stared at Bill in a mocking manner.

Bill laid the rifle beside him for a moment, and pulled out a cigarette.

“Hold yer horses…” Bill then lit the cigarette. “… I’ll be with ya in a minute.” Bill grunted.

“My job’s done.” Bill coughed harshly, a spatter of blood flying out from his mouth. Bill pulled up his rifle, and shakily took aim at the Tanks.

“Let’s see what you got, you big dumb sons of bitches.”

Bill fired his rifle at the trio of hulking brutes, all while yelling a war cry. Within a minute of firing, the weapon was dry, and the Tanks were beginning to pummel Bill to death. At that moment, Bill accepted his fate.

But Bill, surprisingly, didn’t feel a thing as the beasts beat the everlasting shit out of him. He felt himself… rise, that divine feeling of bliss and peace.

I’ll be waiting for you guys… don’t keep me waiting. Bill’s last thought was manifested, and then he fell over, dead, beaten and bloodied. Then the Tanks left the generator room in search of another creature to pummel to death.

The room was untouched after that, and was quiet and reeked of blood and cigarette smoke.