• Published 17th Jul 2015
  • 3,286 Views, 41 Comments

Survivor - Nightcall



William "Bill" Overbeck finds himself in a unfamiliar land...

  • ...
11
 41
 3,286

Interlude: Contaigon

While Bill and Fluttershy are waiting for the doctor...

Doctor X-ray was not having a good day. Normally, the amount of ponies usually in the hospital were there for minor injuries. Rainbow Dash was actually a regular, considering how many times she has come for wing injuries or the occasional broken bone.

But today, it wasn't injuries; it was sickness. A whole lot of it.

And all of them said they suspect it was the amount of smoke-like fog in the Whitetail Woods, a place frequented by joggers and couples looking for a picnic area. He had also gotten word that one of the Elements of Harmony was laid up today. She was escorted by a pony-like creature. It didn't matter, the residents of Ponyville have seen stranger... Until he waved a gun at Nurse Red Heart, who has startled the creature.

"Ugh... The one day I wake up with a smile." Grumbled Doctor X-ray as he walked to intensive care; apparently, one of these sick ponies was acting... aggressive. He sighed. He was probably going to have to have the nurses and security to restrain the poor bastard.

He walked into the room the patient was in, and was surprised at the amount of ponies restraining the sick stallion. That is until X-ray got a good look at the stallion. He was sickly looking, for sure, but he also looked... dead. his skin was a pale complexion of his once green coat. His eyes were a milky white with a light red hue. He snarled and growled, looking frantically around the room to see which pony would be his first victim.

"Oh Goddesses above!" One of the nurses restraining the stallion was scratched by the struggling colt.

"You alright?" X-ray asked.

"Fuckin' stings!" She said through gritted teeth.

"Damn... alright, anyone wanna tell me how he was.. before this?"

"We found him like this." Said a voice behind X-ray. He turned around to find Nurse Red Heart. "He wandered into town, and one of his friends found him and brought him in. Of course, they tied him up when he got here, we untied him, and we brought him here."

"Well, how about we tie him up again and we call down a doctor from Canterlot or Manehatten?"

"Why?"

"Red Heart, I do broken bones and other related injuries. Call one in, please."

"Doctor X-ray, please head to room 34."

"...Hold him still, I'll check him real quick, and you'll call Canterlot or Manehatten." Doctor X-ray walked to the sick stallion while Nurse Red Heart left the room. He inspected the stallion, looking him over for injuries. He placed his hand on the bed. "He seems to have... lost his mi-AGH!" X-ray felt the sharp nails of the stallion scratch him. Hard. He looked at his wrist, examining the scratch.

"Ah, damn... it stings." He looked at the nurse who also got scratched.

"I know. I'd... fuck it." She left the bed, allowing the rest of the nurses to hold him down. "I gotta get this cleaned."

X-ray followed the mare out of the room, and proceeded to clean his wound. After a bit of anti-septic and a bandage, he went to Fluttershy's room...

Completely unaware of the deadly virus in his body.

Author's Note:

Here is the official Patient Zero and how he contaminated the hospital, along with the help of a special friend, as well.

The next chapter will reveal who that 'special friend' is.