• Published 17th Jul 2015
  • 1,012 Views, 43 Comments

Yak to the Future - hazeyhooves



The cultural ministry of Yakyakistan has decreed that season 5 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic needs more yaks and more smashing. They hope that you enjoy this new and improved version of historical events.

  • ...
2
 43
 1,012

Episode 104: Blade SMASHER

The Tantabus took a mighty step into the rift between the dream world and reality.

“We all trust you, Luna!” said Twilight Sparkle. “Do you trust us enough to believe we're right?”

Princess Luna paused. She did trust them. She knew she could finally forgive herself. “I do!”

The Tantabus stopped. Its will had grown powerful from feeding upon the Princess's nightmare, but suddenly there was no more fear to sustain it. It shrunk back to pony size and was compelled to reunite with Luna. It could no longer, for she had fully accepted it back within her heart.

Luna smiled “Thank you. Thank you all. But what's that noise?”

A steady rumbling could be felt throughout the dream world, and it was growing louder by the second. The source could not be seen, until a familiar voice shouted out from within the group. “Shared dream world not perfect! Yaks SMASH!”

A sphere of light surrounded Rainbow Dash, and three yaks leapt out of her head with a discharge of magic. Their amorphous shapes glowed with the lights of the night sky, just like the Tantabus.

Fluttershy glared at the yaks. “Ohh no, not you again! Why can't you ever stop ruining things?” She flung herself into battle.

Twilight watched in confusion. “Are these more nightmare creatures? Can you stop these too, Luna?”

“Yaks SMASH!”

“Be QUIET!”

Luna's jaw hung open. “I... I don't know! Where did these come from?”

Rainbow Dash rubbed her mane and chuckled nervously. “They're actually my old buddies, and they've kinda been living in my dreams all this time.”

“Yaks SMASH!”

“Be QUIET!”

“This means I have no control over them,” said Luna. “Rainbow is the one who must reign them in and absorb their emotions, much like I did with the Tantabus.”

“Aw, I'm sure they don't mean any real harm,” said Rainbow Dash.

“Look,” shouted Twilight, “they found the rift! They're trying to reopen it so they can go through!”

“Listen carefully, Rainbow Dash,” said Luna. “I must teach you how to control this dream, so you can--”

“We're too late!” Twilight said as she watched them disappear into the glowing portal.

Rainbow winced and smiled sheepishly. “Apparently they're pretty good at breaking through things. Who knew?”


The yaks stumbled their way through the blinding light.

“Where this?”

“This.... real world?”

“Me feel funny.”

Their eyes slowly adjusted, and soon they could make out the shapes and colors of the world around them.

“This... glowy machine room?”

“What this say? 'Season 5'? 'Episodes 14 to 26'? What that mean?”

“Me get feeling this important holy land. Yaks must not touch.”

They reverently tip-toed through the aisles toward the exit door. They were interrupted by the dream rift tearing open once more, launching a furious yellow pegasus into the group at high speed. The impact bowled them over into several shelves of fragile electrical boxes.

“You thought I wouldn't find you?! Nopony escapes from Fluttershy!” She swung her hooves like a whirlwind around her as the yaks fought back, turning the enclosed room into a maelstrom of violence and destruction, annihilating everything within its walls.

“Yaks SMASH!”

“Be QUIET!”

END

Comments ( 19 )
Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

Why does everyone blame me for weird shit.

6216688
That's a question only you can answer.
Look within yourself.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

This is a work of art.

I just love those wacky yaks

6216688
Don't blame us. Blame yourself or God.

Majin Syeekoh
Moderator

6216837 Well, I'd have to blame God because I forgave myself already.

This is ridiculous and brilliant. Or ridiculously brilliant. I can't figure out which because I'm laughing too hard :rainbowlaugh:

Great work :twilightsheepish:

I'm SMASH and I find this story Yaking

6216907 Congratulations, you have officially ruined the first half of Season 5 for me.

Good work, Majin...

Oh, and good job to whoever wrote this fic as well...

*eternal squeeing*

We seriously need Yak emoticons now. Emoticons not perfect. Yaks will smash in time.

There seems to be a downvote on this story. That means it's not perfect. Yaks smash!

Fluttershy is teaching those yackety yaks not to talk back.

If there's one story of this site the yaks wouldn't smash, this one is it. Great job! You are immensly talented at writing (and I'm totally not jealous...)

Dear sir or madam,

I would like to complain about the way yaks are being portrayed. In reality we are a docile people of even temperament.

Well, this was simplistic but amusing. Fav'd for the chuckles caused.

6218348 I think I can help you with that...

I blame Maj for this masterpiece. :rainbowlaugh:

6217353 Now there is two!

Jack smash twice!:pinkiecrazy:

Nopony escapes from Fluttershy!”

That goes for Yaks too!

~Leonzilla

Login or register to comment