• Published 28th Jun 2015
  • 4,243 Views, 34 Comments

Living in the Shadows - Senbonbanana



A fan of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure goes to a convention dressed as the evil but charismatic vampire: Dio Brando. After getting sent to Equestria after buying a strange Stone mask as well as a Bow and Arrow, he is sealed away for over a century.

  • ...
5
 34
 4,243

Chapter 04 - Plans

Chapter 04 - Plans

Town Centre, Ponyville

The night passed with no disturbances. It was only later on the next day that the locals began to notice something was wrong. Everything had been normal during the first few hours of the early morning - that was until it all turned to chaos.

The whole of Equestria, at first, had turned into a junk food paradise. Normal clouds that had no minds of their own had gained sentience, turning into cotton candy. Rain inexplicably turned into chocolate milk, and normal corn cobs randomly grew arms and legs.

Unicorns had begun to panic when their magic - for no reason - stopped working, while the pegasi weather system crumbled once the weather became uncontrollable. Chaos, panic, and disharmony. This was exactly what a certain draconequus had wanted.

Discord had been extremely pleased with himself. He’d realised that in the past, he’d been a bit too soft when it came to dealing with those he viewed to be enemies. Taking a page from Dio’s imaginary book, Discord had decided to make to do things properly - while still keeping his unique spin on things.

He’d stolen and hidden the Elements of Harmony - forcing their current wielders to play his deadly game, manipulating them like a puppet master. He’d even managed to completely fool Celestia’s favourite student. One with an unparalleled talent for magic. Twilight Sparkle, the element of magic. Observing her struggles with a group of hypnotised friends had been highly amusing. He’d laughed when Twilight found where he’d hidden the elements, and again when she’d miserably failed to seal him away with her discorded friends. Eventually, she’d even fallen to the same fate - turning grey and dull.

That’s the fundamental problem with the elements, thought Discord looking at his surroundings. If even one of them stops working, then the entire thing falls apart.

In Ponyville, the chaos capital of the world, the laws of physics had broken down. Everything had stopped making sense. Creating chaos and disharmony was a fundamental part of what Discord was, just as order and harmony was a part of life for ponies all across Equestria. It wasn’t fair that they hated him for his nature, but as Discord knew - life isn’t fair.

A building toppled over, the structure somehow flattening before it hit the ground into a 2d object. “Chaos is so much fun!” exclaimed Discord. “I wonder how our precious little Twilight is going?” He clicked his fingers, a glass appearing in his hands barely moments after. Ripples started to appear in its surface, images and sounds beginning to take form

“What’s this?” Discord queried. He looked closer, then his heart became ice.

Somewhere in Ponyville

Twilight Sparkle - the element of magic - had broken free of Discord’s control.

Everything had gone terribly wrong. Earlier that day, Celestia had asked Twilight, as well as the other wielders of the elements to reseal Discord. It had all seemed simple enough. However, Discord - being the spirit of disharmony - had stolen the elements, breaking a spell that supposedly only Princess Celestia could break.

To get the elements back, Twilight and the other elements had to figure out where Discord had hidden them. He'd had said that twists and turns were his master plan.

Twists and turns, the elements had all thought. He must be referring to the labyrinth.

Of course though it had been a trap. Discord, using the labyrinth, began turning Twilight’s friends against her. One by one. When they’d finally found the elements, they hadn’t worked, due to their lack of harmony.

The draconequus had said it was because her friends no longer believed in friendship.

Despairing, Twilight herself ended up suffering the same fate as her friends, becoming discorded and losing her resolve. Her body drained of colour, now grey and dull. Twilight had gone home, thinking that everything she and the other elements had done was now for nought.

That was until Spike - the only remaining normal member of the group - began regurgitating a seemly endless pile of old friendship reports. Reading them, Twilight rediscovered the meaning of friendship and undid Discord’s influence on her. Colour returning to her body, and filled with a sense of resolve greater than ever.

Twilight had ran into the chaos outside. “Thanks Spike!” she'd called out. Spike - for some reason - spitting out those reports was exactly what she’d needed. It’d seemed crazy that she’d given up. Not only on Ponyville, but on her friends too.

It was while reading those friendship reports that Twilight came to a very important realisation. It didn’t what Discord had done to her friends, even if they no longer thought of her as one in their current conditions. Friendship is not always easy, but it is something worth fighting for.

Now that I know how to save them, thought Twilight, with a look of determination on her face. We can beat Discord once and for all. And I know exactly where to start. Twilight ran towards Sweet Apple Acres hoping that Applejack - the element of honesty - would be there, memory spell in hoof.


Town Centre, Ponyville

Discord was in a fury, his face gradually turning red with the seconds from watching Twilight

“This isn’t how it was supposed to go!” said Discord. He stood up, throwing the glass towards the floor. Steam was literally coming out of his ears. He heard a small shatter as it made contact with the floor. “This isn’t right! How did that unicorn find a way to cure herself and her friends!”

“Calm down alright,” said Discord, talking to himself. Getting angry would only help the elements if he couldn’t think straight. At best, he only had a few moments before Twilight and her little gang of friends were completely cured. Then without a doubt they’d all be coming for him. “I don’t want go back to being sealed in stone,” said Discord, shuddering. “It’s no fun.”

He began to pace. “I mean, there’s only so much that you can do. When those blasted princesses sealed me away using the elements, I was unable to do anything at all. It truly is a horrible thing being sealed in stone. Watching all your hard work undone just by using some colourful gems.”

Back when Celestia and Luna had first found the Elements of Harmony, Discord hadn’t known what they could do. He’d been full of himself, which is what led to him being so casually rainbowed into defeat.

Discord sighed, remembering the past. I’d hoped someone might have been able to beat them. Tirek might of been able to do it hadn’t the princesses already imprisoned him long ago back in the time when that old relic ‘Starswirl the Bearded’ was still around - so asking him would of been out of the question. Dio had yet to be defeated and at the time was on a bit of a role conquering places under the cover of darkness.

He put his claw to his chin. You’re a creature of chaos Discord. Think! There has to be something you haven’t thought of yet. I know that Dio was also released, but I don’t want to go to him for help. After all, I told him he could join me but if that ball of fangs could see me now, I bet he’d be laughing at how miserably I’ve failed.

Discord picked up the glass from the floor. He moved his head closer - looking inside it - images of a farm began to form. Light dwindled away from Twilights horn as Applejack - the element of honesty - regained colour, breaking free of Discord’s influence.

“Looks like I don’t have any other choice,” said Discord. The glass changed instantly into a doorknob, floating in midair. He turned and pulled, opening a door. White light pouring out of the empty space. “Bon voyage Ponyville!” Discord stepped through, the light enveloping him as he closed the door.


Dio’s Castle, Everfree Forest

I was taken partially by surprise from a certain draconequus literally walking out of thin air.

I’d been taking it careful these last few hours after noticing the chaos happening outside, especially noting the orbits of the celestial bodies in the sky being completely out of whack. To me, Dio, it had been a major annoyance. Soon after getting out of my coffin, I’d headed up stairs where I immediate realised something was wrong.

It should of been daylight outside, and yet it was as dark as midnight. I’d gone far up enough as to be able to see the daylight, but not to far up as to be completely exposed. Does that mean that I can finally, at least for a few moments, leave this place? I’d moved, slowly, exposing my left arm.

“WRYYYYY!” I cried out. I’d quickly withdrawn back, pain shooting up my arm. The sun had just blazed up through the sky, quickly followed by the moon in the opposite direction. This is crazy, I’d thought. Discord… You’re the only person who could cause everything to turn to chaos with such extremes.

The pain in my arm had begun to lessin. That draconequus is a damn troublemaker. He frees me, takes over, and yet doesn’t keep the planet in perpetual darkness. Sure, it’s chaotic, but doing this actually doesn't help.

And so, I’d stayed alone in my castle, waiting hopefully for Discord to remember like most vampires, that I could only live in the night. That was until he arrived unannounced, closing the door he came from back into nothing.

Discord turned around, facing my general direction. “Dio my fanged friend,” he called out. “I know you’re here. I’m dying to tell you something that I’m sure you’ll sink your teeth into, oh and I’ll raise the moon so you can actually talk to me. Wouldn't want you burning up.” He conjured a rope, lassoing the sun and pulling it down past the hills. At the same time, the moon seemingly rose on its own.

“Finally,” I replied to him. “I never thought you’d get round to lowering the moon for me. You know how much I detest the sun.” I walked out of my spot, the moonlight slowly illuminating me, and I began to clap. “Well done Discord. You’ve finally managed to plunge the world back into chaos, and doing so only after twelve hours. That’s a new record. My, I never thought you had the patience.”

I smirked at him, letting him know that I was clearly insulting him. Discord was here, and usually that could of meant a range of things. However, under the circumstances I figured that that it probably was one thing.

“You messed up didn’t you -” I said, talking towards Discord “-and now you’re here to take up my offer of joining me.”

“Well you don’t have to be so rude about it,” Discord replied to me, annoyed. “ And here I was trying to be nice. I didn’t even really want to come here you know.”

I nodded. “Yes. I, Dio, already knew.” I found the nearest piece of rubble and sat on it. “I’ll let you join, but on two conditions.” I raised my hand. “Condition One,” I told him, raising a finger. “Tell me everything you know so far - including what’s happened these last few hours. I’ll tell you Condition Two after your done.”

“Fine,” said Discord. “But I might have to give you the short version. The elements might have almost completely gathered by now, and if I’m not back in Ponyville soon Twilight and the others will probably start wondering where evil old me has gone to. The six of them have really turned out to quite a pain. Especially Fluttershy.”

Wait, what? I was caught off guard slightly. “You mean Celestia and Luna aren’t the current wielders of the elements of harmony?” Six new wielders. This was news to my ears, and critical information.

Discord started giggling. “Oh what?! You still thought that those two were still -” Discord broke out laughing “- no! That’s the reason why the magic on our prisons began to weaken in the first place.”

I put my hand to my chin. “Hmm. I guess that does make sense. Fine, just give me the short version for the moment. After we’ve dealt with the current problem with the elements, you can completely fill me in.”

Discord quickly gave me the rundown of everything that had happened since we separated in the Royal Canterlot Sculpture Garden. “Discord,” I said, standing up. “After this, you and me are also going to have to a serious talk about evil takeover plans.”

Discord flew through the air, his body silvering around me “Dio, so what do I do?”

The words that came out of my mouth must have seemed ridiculous. “Easy. You let the elements hit you.”

Discord looked dumbfounded. “Huh?” He disappeared in a flash of white light, appearing a few steps away in the air. “And I thought I was the crazy one, but you must be absolutely insane.”

I shook my head. “Oh no.” A took a few steps forward. “Do something similar to the statue decoy we did when we first broke out. Create an organic copy of yourself, and fill it with so much chaos magic so that when the elements magic hits it, it'll have to turn it to stone thinking its a threat. The stones themselves aren't organic and can't think as we can, so it shouldn't be able to tell the difference between you and a super chaos charged copy."

Discord looked uneasy. “You do realised that I’ll be left with very little magic for quite a few days if this actually works. I’ll have to replace myself with the decoy the moment before the elements strike me. There just isn’t enough time to do something like that.”

“I’ll take care of that,” I said. “I know you can move in frozen time, you’re too chaotic to not be able to. Abilities like short range teleportation and short range telekinesis don’t use lots of magic anyway compared to moving through time.

“Come with me Discord,” I told him. I’d searched the castle earlier, and luckily the princesses hadn’t discovered my greatest treasure. “Further down is a chest with the tools we need.”

Discord trailed behind me. “I’m curious as to what you be referring to.”

We went down the flight of stairs for about ten minutes until I finally came across the door I was looking for. We’d had to go down some few secret corridors to get here. The was made from steel, which had rusted slightly with time. The edges of the door were gold trimmed. I pushed, like most of the doors in my castle it opened. This one moved with a bit more resistance that the others. A small chest lay in the middle of the floor.

“This is it Discord.” I pulled out a key from my pocket. “The weapon which will allow us to defeat the elements once and for all.” I inserted the key and turned. The chest opened, a relic of times past lying inside it. As expected, they had remain perfectly intact.

“So this is what you were referring to!” exclaimed Discord. “So you’ve finally made your decision.”

I took out one of the relics, an insect carving on its head. “Yes I have,” I replied. Long ago, I’d decided against this particular method. I'd decided against it because of the power gained was outweighed by having an additional weakness. Not to mention that power could possbily be destroyed using magic. However, times had changed.

I forced the relic into my chest, the head piercing my alabaster skin and into my flesh. I felt an amazingly strong power rush through me as a golden aura enveloped my body. I felt an overpowering urge to laugh. “MWAH HA HA HA HA HA!”

“Dio?” said Discord. “You okay?”

I turned to him. “Oh Discord, I’ve never been better.” I put my hand to my head, my claw-like nails digging into my skin. “This power I’m feeling. It’s AMAZING! I feel complete. I’m stronger than I ever was without it.”

Discord tapped me on the on the shoulder. “So, we can begin then?”

“Yes,” I told him. “We can begin.”

Author's Note:

Hey guys, Senbonbanana is here with the latest chapter of Living in the Shadows.

Sorry it took so long for this chapter to come out. With it being school holidays at the moment, my time has been pretty packed, leaving me not much time for writing (not to mention this chapter is slightly longer that usual).

But yeah, here it is guys. Hope you enjoyed it and thanks for reading. :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 17 )

Oh, this is going to be fun~

6195487 I was refeering to the Arrow head. The Arrow from JJBA has an insect carving on it, which as long as its intact, has the properties to grant whoever it cuts with Stand powers.

Oh snap... The World Requiem! :pinkiegasp:

Is Dio gonna troll the mane six like what he did with Polnareff in the staircase? Cause that would be funny.

6205714 I'm gonna have to RAFO that.

6201975 Unfortunately not, but you were close.

I. Ponio_Brando am insulted...

WRYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

You have Acquired: The World!

6201975 A Requiem Stand is only acquired when the Stand itself is pierced with an Arrow. DIO himself was pierced, which means that The World will gain a new power. Wait… The World? With ANOTHER ability? HOLY SHIT!

But what do we call this new ability? What else, but The World: Holy Diver?

Stand Name: The World: Holy Diver

Stand Ability: [Time Acceleration](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Time_Acceleration)

Power - E

Speed - A

Range - D

Durability - C

Precision - D

Potential - A

Description: The ability to increase the speed of time while still moving normally. Sub-power of Time Manipulation. Opposite power of Time Reduction.

By the way, this was the actual roll I got for this. No joke. All I did was put 'The World' in the name.

This has been helpfully provided by JoJo's Bizarre Stand Generator, a fun website to create Stands for RPing purposes and whatnot. Feel free to use it as you will. Maybe make Stands for Twilight and company? Maybe even give Discord a Stand?

Do what you will. I'll just watch… closely. BTW, I'll PM you some results I have saved, if you're interested. I think you'd like them a lot.

6623396 I've never actually heard of that Stand Generator before, but I really like it as it seems like an awesome idea. Feel free to send me them. Also, since this isn't even a spoiler at this point (and since I'm redoing the third and fourth chapters) this will be made clearer so I'll explain it now so everyone understands.

Brace yourselves.

DIO didn't have a Stand prior to being released from his stone prison. He's survived all this time without the need for a Stand.

6623429 I can only hope this series is ongoing... Because this is the only one that has Dio Brando as the main character, in a way I even remotely wish to read at the moment... Rereading it, because I need my Dio...

ZA WARUDO!

Are you still alive & kicking?

Comment posted by Luna is back deleted Jun 26th, 2019
Login or register to comment