• Published 24th Apr 2015
  • 1,105 Views, 58 Comments

Is it Worth it? - SweetyBelleluvsu



Is it worth it; To give away your freedom for your country? Is it worth it; To get married for peace?

  • ...
5
 58
 1,105

I just don't know...

Fluttershy looked at herself in the mirror; the dress was one she had worn before. It was the dress she had worn to the gala years ago when she still lived in Equestria. This was one of her few possessions that she was allowed to take with her. She admired herself in the mirror at the front of the room by the door. Today was her last day of freedom and she was determined to enjoy it while she could. She sighed at the thought of not seeing her friends for five, maybe ten, years. Of course there was Discord who could take messages and letters back and forth but that just wasn't the same. In the last letter she had gotten two days ago she had learned that Pinkie Pie had locked herself in her room and Rainbow didn't even feel like flying a race. Fluttershy had no idea that this would effect her friends like this.

She sighed as she took off the dress and hung it up neatly in the closet in the corner by the enormous four poster bed. These things were just... well... things. They did not mean much to her but she knew how much a room like this would cost so she didn't complain. As I said, there was a mirror to the right of the door. On the right of the door there was a coat rack. The Bed was on the back wall more to the center and the closet to it's right. A night stand on each side with leather lamps as well. A fireplace in the middle of the room with couches surrounding it with coffee tables and the best coffee she had ever tasted. The bathroom was large but not huge; there was plenty of walking room, a triple sink, a bath tub, and a shower.

Fluttershy looked around her room; not caring for the fanciness of the décor. She looked at all of this fancy expensive stuff and wondered why she, who used to live so simply, would need any of this. She looked at the closet, quite big to be precise, was filled with fancy cloths with expensive material. She made a mental note to see if she could send at least one to Rarity. Maybe even one for Twilight, since she was a princess and might need these things for social gatherings. She took a quick glance toward the table to the left of the bed; it had three different crowns on them. The first, more like a tiara, was meant to be worn for a wedding of a "to be" royal. The second, a little bit bigger, was the coronation crown. The third, the largest, was meant to be worn every day after the coronation no matter what she was doing.

"I don't even know why I would need this much stuff. It's not stuff that makes me happy, it's who I'm with."

She looked at the magazines on one of the coffee tables, not wanting to look but grabbed one anyways. She opened it and as there was the day before, there was a picture of Rainbow Dash holding a trophy. She put the magazine down and grabbed the next one which had a picture of Twilight on the cover. She grabbed the next one and the first page had an ad for Carousel Boutique, Parties by Pinkie, and fresh apple family apples. She just felt like she wanted to cry her heart out; she missed her friends. She looked at her cutie mark wondering what good it would do here.

"I don't even have an animal to take care of."

She felt like she should just take a nap; she did so. When she fell asleep, she woke up in her cottage with all of her animals. She was so thrilled that she was home. She hurried this way and that giving all of the animals their food. When all of the animals had something to eat she headed for town; wouldn't the girls be surprised at the dream she had. She looked up to the skies and saw Rainbow clearing some clouds; she saw Fluttershy and waved before getting back to work. Fluttershy kept walking and saw Pinkie and Apple Jack arguing with a store owner about the price of a wagon. She giggled and kept walking; she saw Rarity outside of Carousel Boutique. She waved and Rarity waved back. Twilight came out and waved as well. Fluttershy then heard a noise, a noise like a sledge hammer. She looked around and didn't see anything. She looked up just in time to see a flower pot fall from the sky; she covered her head to brace herself but it never fell.

She opened her eyes and saw that she was back in the room; it had been just a dream.

She was sweating and panting and ready to cry. She realized that there was somepony at the door; that must have been the sledge hammer sound. She quickly composed herself and went to answer the door. When she opened the door the maid was there with the lunch tray; she wheeled the cart in and Fluttershy thanked her. Before the maid left she said, "I like you. You are not rude like the others. I know I'm not supposed to ask this but... can we be friends?" "Of course we can," Fluttershy said as she put a hoof on her shoulder, "You don't even have to ask." When the maid left the room, Fluttershy started to take the covers off of the food. The first one was mashed potatoes with butter and some basil, the second had country-fried hay-steak, and the third had a hot fudge sundae. There was, however, a fourth tray; she opened the lid and gasped. There, on the tray, was angel bunny.

"Oh Angel!" She exclaimed as she hugged him with tears in her eyes, "Oh how I missed you. But how did you get here? Oh, really? Well I must thank him the next time I see him."

She was happy that Angel was there with her; she now had an animal to take care of. She led Angel around the room to show him where things were. When he saw the bed he leapt toward it and began to bounce. Fluttershy giggled at the sight. Who knows, maybe now she can manage to deal with being here.

"I just have to take it one day at a time."

Author's Note:

Yes, I wrote this. Yes, I had an editor (me). Yes, you are still reading this authors note. (lol)

Enjoy! Let me know if you want more stuff like this only with other elements.

Anypony else hate angel bunny?

Alternate Ending
----------------------------
"Oh Angel!" Fluttershy exclaimed, "How did you get here?"

"NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" Emerald screams as she comes in with an AK47 and shoots Angel, "You welcome."

:fluttercry:

Comments ( 58 )

For some reason, I was half expecting Fluttershy to eat Angel Bunny.:twilightsheepish:

Very well written, although I was a bit confused as to what was going on. But that's probably due to the fact that I neglected to read the description...

Have a like.:moustache:

5902189 Yay! like! (was the alternate ending better?)

The Bed was on the back wall more to the center and the closet to it's right.

Capitalized B shouldn't be there

Fluttershy kept walking and saw Pinkie and Apple Jack arguing with a store owner about the price of a wagon.

Applejack*

Before the maid left she said, "I like you. You are not rude like the others. I know I'm not supposed to ask this but... can we be friends?" "Of course we can," Fluttershy said as she put a hoof on her shoulder, "You don't even have to ask." When the maid left the room, Fluttershy started to take the covers off of the food.

I think you should have more space here, for example:

Before the maid left she said, "I like you. You are not rude like the others. I know I'm not supposed to ask this but... can we be friends?"
"Of course we can," Fluttershy said as she put a hoof on her shoulder, "You don't even have to ask."
When the maid left the room, Fluttershy started to take the covers off of the food.

"Oh Angel!" She exclaimed as she hugged him with tears in her eyes, "Oh how I missed you. But how did you get here? Oh, really? Well I must thank him the next time I see him."

Perhaps you should have put something like:

"Oh Angel!" She exclaimed as she hugged him with tears in her eyes, "Oh how I missed you. But how did you get here?''
Angel chittered.
''Oh, really? Well I must thank him the next time I see him."

That's all I found. Over-all, good story, though maybe you should have went deeper into the showing of emotions. But still good.:twilightsmile:

And Celestia had Discord crush Saddle Arabic like a walnut . Why? Sand hour glasses were replaced with enchanted clocks with hands for hour and minutes.
Fluttershy remained in Equestria and Angle Bunny gave everyone a middle paw as he's just a nasty ol bunny.

Needs some editing and I think the description could be cleaned up a bit, it's an excellent idea though and I hope to see more. :twilightsmile:

Congrats on getting in the popular stories list!

5902560 well, that was the only chapter. It was a oneshot.
5902613 .... what?!

Bologna. Piffle. NONSENSE!

Okay... I'm really not the type of guy to attack another authors works, and I hope you can take my critique in the spirit intended, but this is bull. First off... That king there must have cajones the size of Manehattan pulling a stunt like this. Secondly, no way in Chinese hell Celestia would sacrifice one of her little ponies to be some trumped up dunces play thing and brood mare, and would be pissed beyond belief if it was a scullery maid they demanded. Demanding that a national hero, and their nations greatest means of defense, is an act of agression and flat out insult in of itself.

And... hello! Celestia, eternal mommy figure to all her ponies, never mind the old nag who lifts and lower a basic fusion engine with her mind twice every day! She's what might call a "scorched earth" sort of opponent.

Or would simply say "It is war."

5903034
It... wasn't really a review, my fair writer. Rather a critique of the mentality being out of whack with a mare whose ruled peacefully over her principality for a thousand years, and one does not do so by giving in to ass hats or being militarily weak.

Now, if you'd like a review of the story itself!... Eh, not bad actually. Now, as you may have guessed, I do have ethical problems with chucking poor Flutters to the matrimonial equivelant of a sacrificial bonfire, but for the writing itself, I applaud you. You managed to convey her struggle fairly well, and no grammar flubs.

5903057 Eh, my imaginiation gets me into trouble

5903057 I'm sorry, I shouldn't have acted like that.

5903316
Oh! Think nothing of it, my dear Esther. Well, i am Ebony, resident Assassin's Creed and Sabaton fanatic, avid shoe wearer, and in real life may be a room full of squirrels at type writers. Its very nice to meet you:twilightsmile:

5903008 c'mon, when did you ever see Celestia face a problem of any magnitude with a soloution that didn't involve her on the phone (cue ghostbusters music) who ya gonna call? call Twilight! she'll sort it out, whatever it is, imma eating cake

5904387
Chrysalis? To be fair, of course, she got herself curb stomped in the process, but she made the attempt!

Quite a good story over all but I'd like to see Saddle Arabia declare war on them and win since Equestria has the Elements of Harmony, Royal guard, 4 alicorn princesses, Wonderbolts and... Discord. But apart from that it was quite a good one-shot! :pinkiehappy: :heart: :pinkiehappy: :heart: :pinkiehappy:

5904425 ok, fair point, i'll give you Chrysalis.

5904754
Tirek, Discord, her own sister, God knows what else

5906329 all before Twilight's appearence. since :twilightsmile: showed up Celestia has hoofed the job to her and her cronies.

5906374
What if she can't? Not because she's weak or lacks the ability, but values the life of even those who would do her and her nation harm? What if the elements are the last option, the last resort before all out war? The final straw before she takes out them out herself?

Remember Nightmare?

Continue this or I will hunt you down and tape your hands to the keyboard!!! (I'm kidding, I'm way to lazy to do that!) It was a really great fic! Grammar doesn't bug me cause I'm terrible at it too!:pinkiehappy:

5914661 This was meant as a one shot! Lol, but if you want something, that I think is, just as good check out my special series. Start with CMC All Grown Up

Thanks for the suggestion!

I liked this. Good job. :twilightsmile:

Not an AK, RPG!

Ummmm... it seems that all of the story is in the description, whereas the actual fic is just Fluttershy thinking about it, but not even in that much depth. Would have been better if the idea had been developed and explored a bit more.

7283195 Je ne comprends pas. :rainbowhuh:

7286307

:twilightsheepish:

Je ne comprends pas.

= I don't understand. Also, I don't speak spanish.

7286410 i said i only know a little spanish

7286417 ooooh! bonjour, comet alley vouz? (did i spell right?)

7286421 It's comment, and allez. And you just said 'Good day, what are you going.'

7286428 Why did you intentionally say something that makes no sense? And I still don't know what :twilightsheepish: was supposed to mean!

7286438 ANSWER MY QUESTIONS OR I'LL START RHYMING AGAIN!!!

7286449 YOUR REPLY TO MY FIRST COMMENT ON THIS STORY WAS: :twilightsheepish: AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO MEAN!!!

WHY ARE WE TALKING IN THE ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE?

7286458 I DON'T KNOW!!! (it was meant as a "well then...")

7286462 Does that mean this one-shot may stop being a one-shot? :pinkiehappy:

7286464 who knows, i have two one shots in the making that i am not makeing ANY headway on... plus i have stories that i have yet to update...

7286467 Wasn't one of those called 'Twilight makes an Oobleck'? (Which I have found, after much research, to be a strange green precipitation from Dr. Seuss)

7286475 yup.... the other is a sequal to my one shot series

Login or register to comment